Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:20:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Bassmaster Northern Open coming up soon on Lake St. Clair

Started by djkimmel, August 24, 2014, 03:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Who is fishing? The 2014 Bassmaster Northern Open #3 on Lake St. Clair is September 4 - 6. I know some of you will be out there. The fishing should be great for this event on St. Clair!

LAUNCH INFORMATION
Lake St. Clair Metropark
31300 Metro Parkway
Harrison Township, MI 48045

Boats Launch
Daily at 7:00 a.m. ET

WEIGH-IN INFORMATION
DAYS 1 & 2
Lake St. Clair Metropark
31300 Metro Parkway
Harrison Township, MI 48045
Days 1 & 2: 3:00 p.m. ET

DAY 3
Bass Pro Shops, 4500 Baldwin Rd., Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Weigh-In Begins
Day 3: 4:15 p.m. ET

Pure Michigan hosts back-to-back Bassmaster events with the 1st ever new Toyota Bassmaster Angler of the Year Championship (Top 50 Elite Series Anglers) following 2 weeks later on Bays de Noc, Escanaba, Michigan, September 18, 2014 - September 21, 2014! Should be two excellent weigh ins back-to-back full of fast, Great Lakes/Michigan bass! It appears they are fishing Michigan waters only for the Top 50 championship.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Manxfishing

Wonder if KVD will be fishing it
I don't think he made the cut this year in the Elites for the classic

raisinrat

Quote from: Manxfishing on August 24, 2014, 03:43:59 PM
Wonder if KVD will be fishing it
I don't think he made the cut this year in the Elites for the classic

Kevin should be ok he finished 53rd so with the guys that got in on wins that also got in on points they should bump down to him.
Justin Clark

todd postill

nope kvd didnt make the cut this year first time in 24 years.hopefully this will light a fire under him for next year and he comes out blazing.

raisinrat

Quote from: todd postill on August 25, 2014, 07:34:39 PM
nope kvd didnt make the cut this year first time in 24 years.hopefully this will light a fire under him for next year and he comes out blazing.

Dang I would think he would sneak in well maybe he will be at the open trying to win it to get in.
Justin Clark

motocross269

I'm fishing the Open as a Coangler....No where near enough time on the water this year to go as a Pro...plus I've never fished a BASS Open so this will help me learn their system....Looking forward too it..

Just reading the rules....Some differences between them and the FLW...

Hollada

Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

motocross269

Quote from: raisinrat on August 26, 2014, 01:11:45 PM
Quote from: todd postill on August 25, 2014, 07:34:39 PM

Dang I would think he would sneak in well maybe he will be at the open trying to win it to get in.

He would have had to fish all 3 Northern Opens......You have to register and fish all 3 to qualify for "Win to get in"...

djkimmel

Yeah... I'm trying not to think about it yet before I confirm it is true for myself.

I was bummed to see Chad Pipkens did not qualify for the Bassmaster AOY Championship at Escanaba. But... he can still make the 2015 Classic if he can win the Bassmaster Northern Open. I would love to see that! GO CHAD!!

Chad did qualify outright for the 2015 Elite Series! That helps him get a jump on lining things up for next season.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Manxfishing

Sweet

Came home tonight and checked out the standings
My Wed. night partner got in as a Co-a and he's in 5th with 3 fish for 12-5
Hoping he can make the cut tomorrow

And it's nice to see Joe Balog leading

djkimmel

I want to see Chad Pipkens win so he gets into the 2015 Classic. Very glad to see Ben Nielsen doing super well too! Both are GreatLakesBass.com members! There are a number of members fishing on both sides today for the finals!

Manxfishing

Allot of Locals fished today

Heard Balog broke down today

djkimmel

Yes, but he was fishing close at the time. Maybe he had already planned to stay in St. Clair? I just got on to the live weigh in a short time ago watching to see who wins.

C'mon Chad! And Ben too!