Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 08:44:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

where are you going Labor Day weekend

Started by Got Fish??, August 14, 2014, 05:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Got Fish??

I'm peddling my rig up to the Kalkaska area. I will be fishing inland lakes, for smallmouth and  musky. I hope to bag a musky this year on Clam Lake. I will wait until the middle of the week to fish Clam, maybe boat traffic will be slim. I plan on fishing BigTwin, Cub, BigBlue, Clam and Skegemog lakes.

Big dreams

That sounds like a fun trip.  I want to go to skeg real bad.  Hopefully next year I can make it up there.

YpsiBass

Hoping I can get my boat fixed by then.  If so, probably belleville to test everything out again.

Schoolycustom

Looks like Traverse City, Grand Traverse Bay for me

TheFishinPollock

Gonna rain tomorrow almost all day ( sat ) , up here by TC. Morning is supposed to have some serious thundershowers.   I'll be out on Elk/Skeg early in the north end hiding from the sandbar to Elk Rapids traffic
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

mike12

It sounds like traverse Bay Area is gonna be the place to be .I am also goin up there but not sure if I'm gonna hit the bay or or hit the lakes surrounding.anybody got input on intermediate,,belaire..I've never fished the bay either..GOOD LUCK EVERBODY

raisinrat

I will be pre fishing for the North Open on St. Clair
Justin Clark

Got Fish??

I have not fished Intermediate lake. I don't think it has a public access.

TheFishinPollock

Intermediate lake is basicly a dammed up river.  Spinnerbaits and drop shots are usually king.  The south end from the launch  has a flat area with 10 foot potholes scattered around and 1 island off the side of the original river channel. Probably one of the best smallmouth lakes in the area. Walleye are also there .  The launch is on the east side off Openo road. Single ramp plus dock and parking for about 15 rigs.  The other launches on the west side are carry downs . Very shallow and not sutiable for launching much.   You can go north  through 2 other lakes to Ellsworth .

I'll know more about bellaire wed night after our weekly run.  It holds big smallies, eyes, and  so far. 2 New record great lakes muskies. ( both were caught here, not out of torch for one of them. The fisherman just happened to work on torch river. Papers were innacurate in reporting)  It is a mixture of  the torch / elk  chain in regards to bottom make up and water depth.  Good weedbeds by the inflow of the intermediate river and outflow.   Sharp drops with a mixture of wood and weeds. Not much rock . Launchin is on the west side  near the south end at fisherman's paradise landing.  Doubble ramp with plenty of parking.   

You can go south all the way through the chain from Bellaire to Elk Rapids.     Intermediate lake is the start of the northern lakes in the chain.     There is a dam in Bellaire  so to go to one from the other . You must pull and relaunch.

Fair warning on Bellaire. The lanch will be totaly insane due to the holiday weekend.  So get there way early or  contact me for  information regarding a 2nd launch area that will accomidate a bassboat and truck, but only parking for 2 or 3 rigs. 
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

jjjmpv22

I will be fishing Houghton lake on my kayak most likely

TimH

I am fortunate to have a five day weekend for labor day this year.  September 1st is my anniversary at work, also known as my, "Use your paid time off or lose it date."  I get two weeks vacation at work, and when HR notified me of my remaining time, I still had two weeks to use.  Anyways, I am taking the Thursday and Friday before labor day off.  Thursday I am fishing with FLW Pro Casey Martin.  I have employed his services for his Lake St. Clair guide service.  His guide trips are designed to be instructional trips and he will work with you on whatever technique you would like.  Since I can certainly use some improvement, I think it will be time and money well spent.  Then on Friday of Labor Day weekend I am heading out on St. Clair in my own boat to put what I learned on Thursday to the test.  As for Sat, Sun, and Monday, I hope to fish every morning and be off the water by 11Am when all the "crazies" come out.

mike12

Thanks fishin pollock lookin forward to gettin up there and hook in into some smallies.maybe spend more time on the the inland lakes than the bay

Firefighter Jeff

I'll be hanging around Hamlin Lake.  Might put in the Pere Marquette for some salmon too.

Hollada

Will be on Mullet fishing blind.  And if the weather looks good, will take my kayaks and try some of the smaller lakes in the vicinity.
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

Got Fish??

The weather looks grim for labor day week , but I'm heading up north anyway. I got my rain gear packed. The forcast has changed several times in the last week, so  I'm hope it will change again for the better through next week.

TheFishinPollock

It is starting to rain as I type GotFish.  Forcast for tomorrow is the same also. I am going to try to make it out on Elk this weekend to practice for our divisonal championship on Wed afternoon.   I will be in a silver/gray/red champ with a branddddddddddddddd new pro XS hanging off the back.
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Got Fish??

Between rain, wind , tornado's and cool temps. Fishing was alright in north western Michigan over the Labor Day week. Fish were deep, dropshot and deep crankbaits was the ticket. Lost a pig at the boat in Skegemog. No muskeys for me out of Claim Lake  this year . Xtreme bass.emerald shinner and triple threat tubs caught most fish , brown or gold colored cranks.