Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:55:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Charlie Moore, Chuck Woolery, Detroit?

Started by Cheetam, January 28, 2006, 09:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheetam

Did anyone see Beat Charlie Moore this morning?  It was the Motolure fish-off in Detroit.  Does anyone know where they were fishing?  Honestly, I probably would have changed the channel if I wasn't so interested in figuring out where they were...
Jeff

blakstr1

Chuck is a pretty good stick...I laughed when I saw it, no clue where they were at though...

Chuck Woolery and Bass Fishing, a natural Love Connection  :-*
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

djkimmel

I've never heard of the 'Motolure fish-off' - is that something Charlie Moore made up?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Cheetam

Quote from: djkimmel on January 28, 2006, 03:52:18 PM
I've never heard of the 'Motolure fish-off' - is that something Charlie Moore made up?

I made up the Motolure fish-off name...The show was Charlie and Woolery throwing Chuck's Motolure topwater frog bait all day...you know the one: pull the string and the back end wiggles  ::)
Jeff

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

Was that the Charlie Moore episode where he and Woolery go to that pub in Novi after the contest????? If it is, then that is the episode I saw back about a month or so ago.? I think they were fishing on Kent Lake.? There was some things I recognized that lead me to believe that they were on Kent.? For example, there were no buildings or docks and as I watched I made other observations that lead me to believe that it was Kent.

BD? ? ? ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Cheetam

That's the one BD...But I don't think that was Kent...I would be ashamed of myself if I didn't recognize Kent...
Jeff

Skulley

Jeff, Where do you think that is???  My neighbor down the street from me and myself agreed that it was for a couple of reasons.  The pub where they went after is in Novi.  One of the most reknown bass lakes in the Novi area is Kent.   And where else could it possibly be???  It has to be in the area somewhere.  That area they were in looked familiar to me.  They were up the river to the east.  I think I know where they were on the lake.  I have fished that area with top waters.  It has to be Kent.........

BD      ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Cheetam

BD, I agree that it had to be someplace in the Novi area (unless they were at the Library Pub in Westland...if it is still there...which would really widen the potential lakes they were fishing).  The launch they used didn't look like either launch at Kent...I say I would be ashamed at myself because I literally have fished Kent 20-30 times a year for the past 4 seasons (from the dam all the way up the Huron past Dawson rd.) and I didn't recognize a single area they were fishing...maybe I'm getting senile in my old age?  :D
Jeff

Skulley

You may be right Jeff.? I go out to Kent myself 20 to 30 times a year.? Where do you think it may be??? I would guess maybe Tipsico.? It is the only other lake I can think of that only has houses and docks in certain areas of the lake.? Library Pub is still open in Westland, but that was in Novi.? Remember that the areas they fished had no development.? I am going fishing at a local golf course with my neighbor in about 15 minutes.? I will discuss it with him again and report back later.? Now you got me wondering? ? ??? ??? ???

BD? ? ? ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

carolina chip

I am friends with Charlie Moore and Joel St. Germain. You are right... It was Kent.

Chip  :)

Cheetam

Quote from: carolina chip on January 29, 2006, 09:09:41 PM
I am friends with Charlie Moore and Joel St. Germain. You are right... It was Kent.

Chip :)

Well, that settles that!   I guess I have to start paying more attention to what's on the shoreline and less to what's under the water.  :D Good call on Kent BD!  In my defense though, I hadn't had my morning coffee when I watched the show...  :D
Jeff

fishon1219

I was confused about the lake as well, I am pretty sure when it showed them launching the boat it was a dirt ramp. I even said to myself they must have a pretty good truck to pull that rig out of the water. For those of you that dont know, chuck has a marketing company located in redford on plymouth road. I went to a automative detail shop a friend of mine owns and chuck was in there and tried to sell me some of the moto lures. After hearing a whole lot of his sales pitch I still only hade the suburban detailed. I would imagine he will probably sell a bunch of them now that it was on that show.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

carolina chip

I dont know if I would buy Moto Lures.... I would however buy a Suburban!  ;D

Cheetam

Quote from: fishon1219 on January 30, 2006, 06:39:23 AM
I was confused about the lake as well, I am pretty sure when it showed them launching the boat it was a dirt ramp. I even said to myself they must have a pretty good truck to pull that rig out of the water.

I thought the exact same thing!  Maybe they used some stock footage  :D
Jeff

dhuff

Ok with all of this talk about the episode, we are forgetting one big questions!    ........DID THEY CATCH ANYTHING???????

carolina chip

If Charlie had been allowed to use something besides a Motolure, I am sure he would of caught some nice fish...

The "Quality" of the bass caught did not impress me on the motolure... 

Skulley

That coffee excuse is the only one I will let you use Jeff..........but I just knew it was Kent.  You fish that lake more than anyone on this forum and you should be ashamed of yourself.  (Do I sound like your mother yet).  I know the fishing is good there but sometimes I hate to go there because I hate running 10mph all day......that is always my excuse for not going there.  However, that is the place to go when the rest of the lakes are over run with Jet Skiers and other pleasure boaters.  I always pray for rain on weekends so the "weekend warriors" are off the lake and I can go somewhere other than Kent.....  Nevertheless, Kent is a real good bass lake.

BD      ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Cheetam

Quote from: UAWBigDog on January 30, 2006, 04:32:14 PM
That coffee excuse is the only one I will let you use Jeff..........but I just knew it was Kent.? You fish that lake more than anyone on this forum and you should be ashamed of yourself.? (Do I sound like your mother yet)...

You nearly made me cry BD...   :D :D
Jeff

carolina chip

Ya'll keep talkin about Kent (which is a great lake), but I caught the 2004 state "Catch and Release" record (26.25 inches) outta Northern Oakland county....

Aint Cass.....   Youins may have to visit this JEWEL of an underfished lake!

Chip  ;)

P.S. .... A  "MOTOLURE"  was not harmed during the catch of this fish!!!  ;D Aint got one!