Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:49:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

$3.25 for a gallon of gas!!

Started by Durand Dan, May 03, 2007, 08:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durand Dan

This is just too much! How is the price of gas going to affect you?

bbtt123

wait till it hits $4...just a matter of time.

dartag

can you say memorial day.  or july 4th

motocross269

It is BS.  Gas is 7 dollars a barrell cheaper now then it was last year when it hit 3 bucks.  Just over 63 dollars.  How big of a bonus will the exxon CEO get this year??? How high will their record profits go?
I won't even open the can of worms on the political agenda.

bbtt123

Quote from: motocross269 on May 03, 2007, 09:03:33 PM
It is BS.  Gas is 7 dollars a barrell cheaper now then it was last year when it hit 3 bucks.  Just over 63 dollars.  How big of a bonus will the exxon CEO get this year??? How high will their record profits go?
I won't even open the can of worms on the political agenda.

It really not even about the price per barrel right now, its based on what the forcasters are predicting and the doomsday mentality they all have. This is all happening based on the Alaska pipeline shutdown that is happening to repair part of the line, I think it was 8% of the US production or 2% of the total US incoming supply that would be cut.

fowlmouth

I'm just glad I didn't buy my new boat this year, was gonna go bigger. I would have doubled my fuel costs, not to mention the added fuel of towing a larger boat.

motocross269

It can be spun any way they want to, but with the oil companies making record profits I have a hard time swallowing it.  I will just keep on paying just like taxes. 
The new Ford Escape hybrid is really nice....I wonder if it will pull a Ranger.LOL  If anyone wants a family plan discount on one let me know.  (Shameless plug)

djkimmel

If you're making record profits higher than any other company has made in a single year, then you are obviously, purely charging a lot more than you need to. I wish I had a product that was so vital to so many people and then knew I could get away with overcharging for it because people would have to pay to some extent no matter what, and because the rest of the industry would (apparently) have no trouble following suit.

I put a good deal of effort into buying as much of my gas as possible from the last stations to raise their prices (now two or more times per week instead of the previous once per week) and even when the prices (used to anyway) drop a little a few days later, I remember who is jacking their prices the most and the fastest, and still buy from the slower to raise stations as much as possible even if they are just a little higher now.

There's one pretty convenient station I pass that I was using a lot, but this past 6 months or more, they've been real fast to raise their prices - near the top and even though they go down a little quicker too than some stations, I've quit buying any gas from them. I refuse to believe they need to raise their prices twice a week sharply and then slowly go back down part way. I don't like to reward bad behavior. If it were a pet, I'd swat it on the nose with a rolled up paper while sharply saying, "NO!" (or maybe "Bad Gas Company...)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

1javelin

There are very few things you can do to stop it, short of getting put in jail for a long long time.  Wait until Bush gets out of office and Hillary goes in, cuz as much it sounds bad you know she is going in.  If she is anything like her husband, the great Mr. Clinton, high gas prices will be a thing of the past, as will the losing war we're waging, most if not all of the national debt, hell, maybe she'll even get rid of the DNR (do nothing reserves).  Phat chance of the last one, but we can hope, right. ;)
Live to fish, Fish to live.

thomas

Just quit buying from the two biggest oil companys. In time they will have to lower gas prices to compete with the other stations. Creat a gas war. The people can do it.  Moble and Exxon

thomas ;D
Jos.24:15 ....;but as for me and my house,we will serve the Lord."

bshaner

Quote from: 1javelin on May 04, 2007, 01:44:31 AM
maybe she'll even get rid of the DNR (do nothing reserves).  Phat chance of the last one, but we can hope, right. ;)

Huh?  Care to expand on that?  Probably through PM's....

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

dashaver63

That's what happenns when you have an oil man as our president. Wander how big his cut is in all of this.

1javelin

Let's just sya out of the couple of times I have called DNR to report issues, I have got nothing but excuses from the dispatcher for why they are not going to do anything about it, and the only time I have seen the officers do anything it is write tickets for no license, etc...  Nothing that actually helps prevent or stop anything.  IMHO
Live to fish, Fish to live.

bshaner

Not sure how you got on this topic from 3.25 for a gallon of gas... but I'm sorry you've had a bad experience with the DNR.  I have to say though the DNR's good far outweighs your couple of bad experiences.  Enough to earn the right not to be bad mouthed here.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

Durand Dan

I guess this topic has run it's course