Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 03:13:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

MadWags West lake poll 2014

Started by YpsiBass, June 13, 2014, 02:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which lake would you most like to see an event on the west side on in 2014?

White
5 (18.5%)
Muskegon
4 (14.8%)
Wabasis
2 (7.4%)
Mona
2 (7.4%)
Macatawa
2 (7.4%)
Portage
11 (40.7%)
Sanford (not really west, but still...)
1 (3.7%)
Templene
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

YpsiBass

Some good lake options in the last thread I posted.  Informal poll time? I hope I didn't leave any lakes off the list.

Should probably spitball dates too.

Waterfoul

Not the weekend of September 7th or September 13th.  I have classic tournaments both those weekends (and quite a few others over this way will as well).
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

dartag

Call it the Central Open.

Mapquest it from your house.   I did Muskegon, Bellville ( why anyone would live there ), boyne city.  All are between 120 and 140 miles.   Everyone would be driving the same distance. 

Waterfoul

Quote from: dartag on June 13, 2014, 03:32:19 PM

Mapquest it from your house.   I did Muskegon, Bellville ( why anyone would live there ), boyne city.  All are between 120 and 140 miles.   Everyone would be driving the same distance. 

Plenty of us west siders drive over for the St. Clair spring event and spend 3 hours on the road vs. the 15-60 minutes most of the guys at that event drive... you guys over there should come visit us on the sunset coast!  The weather is fine and the fishin' is good!  :-)
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

YpsiBass

Bump for more votes (also because I haven't been online much lately and forgot this was here...)

Firefighter Jeff

Genie

Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

gmetime24

This Portage lake is in Onekama?

Genie

Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

dartag

Used to go to the Sleepy Owl Tavern there.   To far from my house but you guys will have fun.

Waterfoul

Portage can be fun for sure!  Lots of big smallies and largies in there.  And I can drive there in the morning instead of having to stay overnight.  I'd be up for it... depending on the date of course.  The weekend of Sept. 13/14 will not work around here.  The BBT Classic and the West Michigan Bass Classic are both on that weekend (one Saturday, one Sunday).  Probably some time in Late Sept. or early Oct would be best.

Mojo

Quote from: Waterfoul on June 13, 2014, 04:48:22 PM
Quote from: dartag on June 13, 2014, 03:32:19 PM

Plenty of us west siders drive over for the St. Clair spring event and spend 3 hours ..... you guys over there should come visit us on the sunset coast!  The weather is fine and the fishin' is good!  :-)

I agree fully.  If we are going West, some of your best fishing is on traverse bay and Burt mullet in very late September..... Can we add those to the vote list ?
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

YpsiBass

Quote from: Mojo on July 04, 2014, 12:53:44 PMI agree fully.  If we are going West, some of your best fishing is on traverse bay and Burt mullet in very late September..... Can we add those to the vote list ?

The problem with Burt/Mullet and Traverse Bay is that they're so far north and EVERYONE except the Pollock has to drive.  It excludes the west side guys AND the east side guys.  And even the one Indiana guy.  Was kind of hoping for actual west side this year.

Cy

If you want to do something central to GR and close off I-96 then Muskegon and White are probably the best options.  The only reason most have chosen Portage is the good population of fish and Smallies.
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Mojo

So.... White and portage can be lqaded in the fall? Good crank, spinnerbait bite?
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

TheFishinPollock

Rember though. I drove to (shudder) detroit for you's guys  :D
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Waterfoul

I would make the drive to Portage or Manistee again.  Both fish AWESOME for smalles (Portage has good LM as well).  But that's as far as I would go for a $7 tournament.

Honestly, Manistee is the best kept secret in Michigan most days starting in Sept.  Shhh... don't tell anyone!   ;)

thedude

at our classic on portage mid-sept last year, guys who took last place had 14lbs and never fished there before that morning. Top 4-5 places were over 18lbs and several of those bags were LM dominated.  It is a phenomenal fishery regardless of whether the big-lake smallies are in or not.  Late sept into the first weekend of oct would be great timing.  I think you could make a circle around the whole lake with a senko and probably have a hard time not catching nearly 15lbs given the amount of 3lb + largies in there alone.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

thedude

I'll throw in another option - Templene lake near sturgis/white pigeon. right in zona's backyard.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods