Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:30:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Just bought my first new boat

Started by fishon1219, January 26, 2006, 02:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishon1219

I just needed to let somebody know that could understand my excitement.
After having the same old used boat for 11 years now I was finally able to buy myself a new one.
As some of you know I am trying to work my way on to the Wonderland Marine Pro Staff so I took the miss's out there today to look at the boats and tell me what i could buy. I was limited to a stratos 285 due to finances so we checked out the color options they had. I had my heart set on the beautiful white one with the yellow highlights they had at the ultimate fishing show so I showed her that one first. Her immediate response was "No Way" so we looked at a few other colors that weren't to different from the dark blue old boat that I had and none of them worked for her either. The last one we looked at was a really nice raspberry metal flake that I liked and she was o.k. with and then she decided that the first boat with the yellow was the prettiest boat she had ever seen. We head back to the office to find out that the yellow boat was already sold so with that I am the proud owner of a new Raspberry silver dual console 285 Stratos. Cant wait for the water to get soft again so I can break it in right. Poorboy, I might even let you go fishing with me. You will just have to take your shoes off before you get in it cause I don't want to get the carpet dirty.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

joshimoto son

Congratulations!!!!

I still remember buying my boat.

Are you still trying to figure out if you're going to sleep in it the first night it's home?

Hopefully, there will be some little ding or flaw in it, that way it won't be so painful when you put
your first scratch or blemmish on it.

Just to make thing worse, the Saginaw river is open.

McCarter

Nice man, what made you change your mind and go with the dual console?

Im proud of you little gipper.  First stop, Kent Lake.  When is she coming home?

PoorBoy himself :-\'

Bulletproof

There's an old maxim that professes the 2 best days in a boat owners life is the day he buys it and the day he sells it.  Thats a bunch of baloney.  The day I sold my boat was a very sad day indeed. :'(

Congrats on your new boat!!! ;D
I am haunted by waters.

Savage

Wooohooo!  When you taking it out for the first time?  Better hurry, the Saginaw river is starting to ice up a bit....  the walleye are biting like crazy.  I go over the Z bridge every day after work, and I saw about 20 boats on that hople just east from the bridge today.

Go get 'em! 8)
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

Pretty exciting - a new boat! You'll have a great year!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

Congrats!!!!!   It is a great feeling to have a new one.  Although I am fishing out of a used one right now, nothing can beat that new boat feeling.  Have fun and be safe.  We'll see you on the water.

BD     ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

225XS4Garza200PXL

Congrats!!

Dude that boat is a real looker... I saw it while I was showing a customer a boat... excellent choice man...

What you load it up with?!

Can't wait to sell mine... I wanna be able to smell that new boat smell...

Jose
Jose Garza

Guide and Tournament Angler - Book a Trip Today!!
www.josegarzafishing.com

Stratos Boats - The Performance Company
www.stratosboats.com

Wonderland Marine West
www.wonderlandmarinewest.com

Provider Tackle - Pro's Choose It, We Supply It!
www.providertackle.com

Nemesis Baits - Hand Poured Goodness in Every Bag!
www.nemesisbaits.com

Mizmo Bait Co.
www.mizmo.com

fishon1219

Jose,
I just bought it with what it came with.The standard options. The only additions were the hot foot and pro trim, but they were already installed. I will be spending some money on the drop in tackle organizer, and now my blue 100mph suit wont match my new boat colors so I will need to buy a new one. See you at the next show.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

fiker

I've never had a new boat, I can only imagine.
Gotta believe it's better than a new car though.
Congratulations.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390