Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:30:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Burt/Mullett

Started by dashaver63, April 22, 2007, 07:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dashaver63

Where is Pier 33 located and how far from I75 is it? I want to try to get a hotel close if I can for the BFL. Also, how far is Wal-Mart for the meeting from there. I know it's kinda early to be thinking about getting ready but I'm psyched about it. Fishing down here in Ohio sucked yesterday. Had our first club tourney and out of 13 guy's, 6 caught 1 fish. Ohio is all about fishing all day for one bite most day's. Pretty pathetic.

tritonman

Pier 33 is located in Cheboygan. The Wal-mart store is about 2miles maybe closer from the boat launch

dashaver63

djkimmel

Look on this board for a Burt/Mullett post from last May/June and you'll find a map with Pier 33 and the Wal-Mart with directions to various places. It's less than 10 minutes from Pier 33 to the Wal-Mart. Lots of good information on here from last year already. I may revive it by moving it up soon depending on time.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

ktcommanche

Are they launching right at pier 33 this time?  Last year that really sucked launching that far up river.  It also was a lot longer idle than was stated at the pre tournament meeting, so be sure to allow more time if launching in Cheboygan.

dashaver63

Found the map, thanks Dan.

djkimmel

I will get an update on how the construction at Pier 33 has gone soon. I've talked to Anthony about the event, but have not asked what his plans for launching are yet.

The idle time was unfortunate. I've never launched there and it has been so long since I've come down that river, I couldn't remember how long it took. It may not be necessary this year - we'll see.

I'll call the Cheboygan people and get back on here soon.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

rufus

I thought the launch ran very well last year and it was really nice he gave us that extra hour. The people of this area are awesome and they were all happy we were their. I have never been to an area that welcomed tournament fishermen with open arms as the people of Cheboygan. I cannot wait to go back. Eric, it may be to your adavntage to launch at Pier 33 if going to Burt, it eliminates a little of your competition. If we launch in the Indian River you will definitely have more company. I will take either launch, but we were treated very well at Pier 33 and I for one would not mind at all launch their again. God Bless!

MBell

Hey guys,
Will Huron be off limits this year because of the VHS thing?  Never been there but Indian river would definietely give us more choices and spread the field a little. 
-Matt

rufus

Huron shouldn't be off limits due to the fact that most of it is in Michigan. The VHS thing only applies to borders at this time so I would imagine that Huron will be fine to fish.

SethV

I don't think VHS laws will make the Michigan waters of Huron off limits.  Right now, I would guess the Canada side will be off limits if laws don't change.

Edit:  Rufus, we must have been typing at the same time!  LOL  Great minds think alike!

djkimmel

Quote from: MBell on April 27, 2007, 01:10:10 PM
Hey guys,
Will Huron be off limits this year because of the VHS thing?  Never been there but Indian river would definietely give us more choices and spread the field a little. 
-Matt

The VHS virus IS already in the northern part of Lake Huron. The VHS virus is NOT in Mullett Lake or the rest. There are more than mere federal orders and territorial boundaries to consider. For the good of all anglers, we should do everything we can to try to keep the VHS virus from getting FROM infected waters INTO not infected waters. Expect the likelihood of MDNR orders/guidelines for state waters with regards to the VHS virus to come out in the near future.

djkimmel

There's usually more to the story. Not only does any tournament organizer want to try to choose a location that wants the event there, but to not go to locations that make the event either very difficult to hold or basically impossible due to requirements or demands.

Pier 33 came through in a short time last year earlier than they may have been ready for business to help take us out of a sudden and unexpected bad situation. The event could no longer be held at the original location and had to be moved. The ramps/businesses in the Indian River are not interested in hosting our types of events. It is a shame, but we are not wanted by some shortsighted and biased companies and it makes no sense to try to force something even if it could be forced.

The tournament could not be held from the Indian River and nothing has changed in that regard to my knowledge. I personally will make an effort to support those who support me, and to NOT support companies that are unfriendly (for ridiculous reasons).

Believe me when I say, Anthony and the BFL WERE thinking of the anglers when they moved the event. Because BFL and Anthony chose to not publicize the issue, I prefer to honor that choice and not go into details other than to recommend that participating anglers avoid giving any business to The Landing in the Indian River as long as they are owned by the present owners.

UpNorthWolf

There is a new DNR launch planned on the Cheboygan River just before the Black River.

http://www.record-eagle.com/2007/mar/20ramp.htm

djkimmel

Only small tournaments out of Burt Lake SP in the past that I know of. They only recently added some more parking space. It is limited and they prefer not to have a larger event there. There is not enough parking for 90+ trailers.