Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:06:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Ranger 1850

Started by Hollada, May 18, 2014, 11:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollada

Anyone on here have one of these?  How is it for bass fishing the inland lakes?
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

Manxfishing

There almost like a Fish n ski
Smaller front deck, But very fishable
You would be able to do it all in that boat
Bass, Walleye, Great lakes and would pull a skier or tube

If your going with the PE brands. Ranger, Triton and Stratos
All make one

Lund now makes a decent Fiberglass boat in that style (Brunswick co.)
And Skeeter as well (Yamaha co.)

Your better with the glass over alum
There drier and will cut the water better

So what motor brand do you like or what?

21XDC

Most guys that I know that buy a boat like this for their wife and or family are never happy... Their wife goes once a year etc... Then your stuck 100% of the time "Fishing" from a "30% Fishing boat"...  Then you sell it at a huge loss and pay more for what you really wanted to start with.... Just my insight.
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Manxfishing

If your thinking used

The Cobra/Viper Coral was one good looking fish/ski
A little hard to find these days. But it had a big rod locker

Coop

21XDC.. I just got a brand new Nitro Z-7 Sport. Great fishing boat.. No complaints here.. Handles a bit better in rougher water than the Z series Bass Boats, yet still can go into just as shallow water as any other rig. Same Power as the others at that size, (150 4stroke Merc) Does about 62mph. And on those days my son or old lady wanna come out and ski / wakeboard / lay out in the sun, its there for that as well.  The deck is plenty big on the Bow and Aft Deck. 40gal split livewells.. the only disadvantage is rod storage, but a simple fix for that is a Back - Rack Storage system.  Calling it a 30% fishing boat is completely coming from someone who knows nothing about these style of boats
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

21XDC

Quote from: Coop on May 19, 2014, 07:50:30 PM
21XDC.. I just got a brand new Nitro Z-7 Sport.  Calling it a 30% fishing boat is completely coming from someone who knows nothing about these style of boats

Trust me I know plenty about these style boats....  My boat will pull many more skiers than yours. LOL I pull a 8ft x 8ft tube  with 4 200lb adults at 65 mph at their request until it took flight. LOL 

Let me know how you still like it after a few years...  :P

My wife and kids still go with me on my 22 ft "Fishing" boat.. My front deck is 11 ft long. Huge back deck too. It fits a 9ft rod in all 3 rod lockers if you like long rods..  8)  I get awesome gas mileage when I slow down to 1/2 throttle @ 62 mph, but really goes fast when I want.   8) ;D
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

21XDC

FYI Coop.... I'm not speaking for you.... I am for the guys I knew that went this route to try and make the wife happy... In the end, They were not happy.. This sport typically is for the men that want a hobby outside of work. It's nice to include the wife and family into our sport as I have done the same. It's just that the guys I know, Their wife and kids did not go enough to justify the need for a multi use boat... You can still use a bass boat for the little time they go... That's all I'm saying.

No harm meant...  ;)

2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max

Coop

I gotcha... I know you didn't mean anything by it.  ;D
I just gotta stick up for my Fish n Ski folks! lol..  :P
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

djkimmel

If you're serious about bass fishing you'll be happier with a 'bass boat' model but I really like the 1850 for an all-around combination boat. I've liked it ever since it came out.

It's a very nice boat and well laid out for different people to be in it and enjoy it. I've seen a few running around in Michigan. I think the last time was on Kent Lake where they were fishing and swimming and picnicking on it. The owner had even installed a fold-up-down sun roof for some shade.

Saw that boat several times and the owner told me he was real happy with it. He does other things with the boat as much or maybe a little more than he fishes which might explain his satisfaction with the boat.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Slipkey

IMHO, I think you'd probably be happier with the 619 - mainly because of storage and the ability to add a deck extension on the back.  I'm not a fan of the way the 1880 front deck storage is laid out.   The newer 619's are only 4" shorter than my '04 620, for comparison.

djkimmel

I think? The 619 cost a fair amount more so budget might be a consideration but the 600 series are nice for big water and an easier ride in the rough stuff.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.