Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:17:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

DK Circuit

Started by Savage, January 25, 2006, 05:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savage

With sooooo much interest in this year's DK Open, ::) maybe Dan would consider having a couple of them next season.  Maybe a "Spring fling" during catch and release season?  Most tournament anglers are itching to fish that time of year, but there are very few tournaments to enter.  That means we might be idle, a good time to get together before the season starts?

Whaddaya think? ???
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

dhuff

I like the idea of spring tournaments.  That way they don't get in the way of other trails. 

yukonjack2

I agree as well - great idea!  I was thinking of heading to IN for an early tourney as well - they fire up about April 1.

Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

djkimmel

Now that is a pretty great idea! I like that you said you'd wait until next year. I think I will be pretty busy this spring learning more computer stuff and writing some articles.

My boss actually thinks I should learn some new programming language... but it has NOTHING to do with fishing...?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

McCarter

American Bass Anglers has a few early season CIR Paper tournaments you fellas may be interested in.

district 7 May 7 Kent Lake

district 69 May 20 St Clair

PoorBoy himself :-\'

djkimmel

Right now, that would be the only 'competition' in the spring for a DK spring open - may change by next year, but I know who you guys are so if we do this next spring, we'll make sure we don't conflict.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

A DK Circuit is a great idea, Dan.? You could have it on 4 or 5 different lakes or events on different lakes.? Have an Angler of the Year Award and at the end of the season have the DK Classic.? ? ?:o? What a tournament trail that could be.

BD? ? ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

McCarter

I like the idea but we will have to do something about the entry fee.  One was ok last year, but i had to save for weeks.  I dont think i can afford 4 or 5 events in a single season. 

Dan, you have a pretty full plate as it is, if you want to do something like this i would happy to help out in any way.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

Revtro

I held a garage sale to raise the money for my entry fee for last year's tourney. 

Dan, I also will be willing to help out if you decide to do more events at some point.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

I try (I think) to not bite off more than I can chew! I think 1 spring tournament next year is doable and a nice idea. I don't know that we need a whole bunch more tournaments in Michigan just yet, but like this forum, it may just build from there...:D

Skulley

Dan.....You're going to be famous!!!!!!!    ;D

BD    ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Or infamous... Depending on who you ask...

Bassman24

I looked through all the post in this section and I didn't see a date for the event.  Did I miss it?

GT
George Terrien

Champion Boats - www.championboats.com

OPTIMA Batteries - www.optimabatteries.com.

NBAA Motor City Inland Challenge - www.nbaabass.com

Highest Honor - www.highesthonor.biz

K&E Team Stopper - www.stopperlures.com

blakstr1

No definite date has been set yet George....i think the lake is still up in the air as of yet too, although when we did the little forum poll...Wixom had the most response.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Revtro

Yep, if I remember, Wixom got the nod.  Dan, since you're the tourney's namesake, you should pick the date.  Wouldn't be the "DK" if DK wasn't there. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

Better move this up my todo list. I think I need a complex algorithm to calculate the best open date and lake.

dartag

at 2.70 a gallon,  i think wixom will be out for me.. 

have fun.

bosshawg

heres a thought for lake choice - there was a post/poll taken not to long ago abt member locales. with gas prices not lowering anytime soon, how abt choosing a lake somewhat central to its members. traveling this year is gonna be costly w/o a doubt....and like i said this just a thought for dan to consider. i even might be able to fish it... :)
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

Revtro

If I remember, most of the members live in the Detroit/Metro area, right?  I'll have to go look up that old post...
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

fiker

I don't know how to do it but...
Some of you may know how to post a survey, and have it list some possible lakes, and we could vote for a first and second choice.   
The computer can tally the results. 
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390