Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:24:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Installed New Trailer LED's

Started by Coop, April 15, 2014, 09:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coop

I added a few pics here of the trailer LED lights I installed this evening. I think it turned out O.K.. Curious Has anyone installed any LED's in their livewells? Just wanted to know how it was wiring them and prep work.
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

MSURoss

Super cool! What LEDs did you use? What battery did you hook the lights up to? Is it legal to trailer with those lights?

TheFishinPollock

the last I knew , when i use to put neon's on cars . It was legal to have them on while parked , but not while driving
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Coop

Yeah it's illegal to run these while on a road, but paking and trailering is fine. I tapped into the existing lines on the trailer, but I also installed a waterfproof switch in between the lhardwired lines. That way I can just push 2 buttons on either side of the trailer to disengage the LED's while driving down the highway. I do a good amount of night fishing, so these will help out big time when trailering the boat after dark.
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

Coop

Oh yeah sorry.. The lights are Bass Pro Shops brand. I wired everything myself. Those BlueWater Led lights are way way overpriced.
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

21XDC

I have the Blue Water LED's under my trailer and throughout my boat... I have not been bothered with red lights under the trailer while towing. I'm quite sure that BLUE will get you negative attention by police.... They have laws about who can run the roads with blue lights.  8)
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Slipkey

Quote from: Coop on April 15, 2014, 09:48:00 PM
I added a few pics here of the trailer LED lights I installed this evening. I think it turned out O.K.. Curious Has anyone installed any LED's in their livewells? Just wanted to know how it was wiring them and prep work.

Very nice!  Though I have LED strip lights in my compartments and around the deck, I just replaced the bulbs on my livewell lights with LED tower bulbs, which throw out a lot of light.  Replaced out the nav light and gauge light bulbs with LED's as well.  Much less expensive and less hassle than buying new fixtures.

Coop

21XDC, I would have figured they would be more apt to pull over red lights. But I suppose it's all up to the officer. Lol! I probably will not test that theory anyways..
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

Waterfoul

As I understand it from a cop buddy of mine... only LEO's can operate blue or red lights while driving down a public road.  You can always run yellow "marker" lights.  He also said they don't tend to bother people with lights on their trailers but has never seen any blue ones. 

I know some fancy trailers (Bass Cat, Legend, etc...) already have some LED lights on them.  These guys don't get bothered at all.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Skulley

Those look sweet.  You won't only look good in the water but also trailering the boat up the road at night.  I am thinking on changing all the lights on my boat trailer to LED.  I just changed both my tail lights on the trailer last year late in the season.  I had already had them laying around from buying them a couple of years ago for like half the price at an estate sale.  They were brand new in the box when I bought them.  How could I pass that up??  Next set of tail lights will be LED.  They are brighter and stand out better of course.  LED is the way to go if you can part with the $$$$.

BD                               ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

fasttrack

I just added LED reverse lights on the back of the trailer for backing into dark ramps. Looking forward to testing them out! I also added deck lights and lights in all compartments. I did not replace the livewell lights since the ones I have already work well.
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

motocross269

Quote from: fasttrack on April 21, 2014, 04:41:01 PM
I just added LED reverse lights on the back of the trailer for backing into dark ramps. Looking forward to testing them out! I also added deck lights and lights in all compartments. I did not replace the livewell lights since the ones I have already work well.

I have backup lights on my Bass Cat trailer......Love that feature, especially on the inland lakes where the DNR launches may not be lit well...

Victor Cerabone

Thanks for sharing your install pics.  I am thinking of adding these to help me back by boat into it's new home.  There is very little clearance on either side of my boat the storage unit when I now keep it.

Think these lights would help?

Coop

Yes. They would definitely help. These are only 2 strips. You can get much longer ones in a white or amber color as well. They will more than do the job of lighting up on either side of the boat. Im interested in using mine when I come in late at night after dark. I will be able to see the sides of the trailer under water, and be able to load the boat with ease. I do a lot of solo trips, so it helps me a lot when doing the whole, load and unload thing by myself.

Go over to BPS. BlueWater sells them as well, but their kits are more expensive. What I recommend is just getting the BPS light strands, then buying your T-Splitter and Male Wire connectors yourself. You will save about $40 at least
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

Victor Cerabone

OK, I'll give them shot Coop.  How much were they at Bass Pro?

Coop

I got them on sale at the time, but I just looked and they are only $14.99 per strand (which are 27" long). They currently have blue and bright white available.  Here is the name they are listed under: Bass Pro Shops Flexible LED Lighting Strips
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

fasttrack

Quote from: Victor Cerabone on April 22, 2014, 08:14:23 PM
Thanks for sharing your install pics.  I am thinking of adding these to help me back by boat into it's new home.  There is very little clearance on either side of my boat the storage unit when I now keep it.

Think these lights would help?
My back up lights are actually very small 'fixtures', not just the 'rope light' or strips. They are only about 3" long, super-bright LED's. I got them through Grandville Trailer. They installed them for me since I had the trailer there getting new tires anyways. They found a neat spot to mount them and made sure my truck was wired properly before I left. Couldn't be happier!
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil