Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:41:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

belleville lake

Started by dashaver63, April 08, 2007, 09:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dashaver63

Does anyone bass fish belleville much? My club down here in Ohio fishes it every year but I really haven't been able to figure it out. I have taken big bass there 2 years in a row but that 1 fish is the only legal fish I get. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.
Thanks;
Doug

bassinman#1

I do good on a Cotton Cordell, medium dive,firetiger color crankbait, off the main river channel on the north side.

bosshawg

staring to fish it quite often now since 15-20mins away from home. doing much better than the earlier times i've been out there. to help you out better, type in bellville lk in the search box above and you'll see many posts on that lake. hope this will help you out.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

Mojo

Is that lowerr Michigan belleville or mid ohio bellville?
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

bosshawg

lower mich. for this/ these posts .
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

DOWD

Early into the season you cant beat a weightless worm. Find the old river channel and start at the bends that are near the shore.
There is alot of brush that is near the dam, if you can find these piles, you can tear up the good size smallmouths.
In early 2002 I planted some trees that still produce today. I removed dead falls that were in the lower end and towed them to the upper and sank them.

matt

The dam by sandy marina produces every now and then...i haven't figured out any other part of that lake.Late summer fish some of the docks and you'll catch some,but during these cold months i'm clueless other than the dam.

Then again i'm limited to shore fishing...not so many places i can go.           

Skulley

I fish Belleville all the time.  If anyone would like to go out there with me, I would be happy to show you what goes on out there.  I have been fishing the lake for years.  Some of the best fall fishing in the S.E.L.P. is on that lake.  I believe that lake and Ford Lake really shine in the fall.  Early spring can be good too.  Once the "dog days" of summer set in, those lakes can get tough.

Up until 2 years ago, I fished the Tuesday Nite Tournaments out there.  I understand that trail is changing hands and the new director should hopefully bring it back to where it was.  I would like to fish there Tuesday nights but have not had any luck getting a partner. 

BD                     ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

dashaver63

Is Ford Lake another dammed lake on the Huron River? I noticed Huron River Road runs by there also.

matt

Quote from: dashaver63 on April 14, 2007, 07:09:10 AM
Is Ford Lake another dammed lake on the Huron River? I noticed Huron River Road runs by there also.

I believe so...

Skulley

Ford Lake is above Belleville by about 50 to 60 feet.  I was on Ford today running the boat.  Boat ran good.  Water temps ranged from 40 to 43 degrees.  Light chop on the water.  Cold when running.

BD            ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

matt

Does anybody fish by 94 and grove road(i believe it is)? It's the 94 overpass over the lake...I'll be there on the 29th if weather permits around 1pm to 5 pm.Anybody that wants to fish and say hi is more than welcome do to do so.

I can't wait for bass season to open so i'm going the day after it opens. ;D

Skulley

Weather permitting on the 29th, St. Clair is the ticket.  Got to get ready for the Spring DK Open.  Otherwise Ford is a good choice. 

BD          ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

dashaver63

So... which lake is better? Ford or Belleville. Does Ford have the population of largemouth that Belleville does?

matt

I do better at ford than i do at belleville....I haven't seen anybody pull out a decent largemouth at belleville yet.Ford however i seen a guy catch a nice 4-5 pounder.But beware there are alot of little 1-2 pounders in there as well @ ford.

Belleville to me is more known as a walleye lake than a bass lake.Maybe i just haven't found the spot bass like to hang out on that lake yet.

dashaver63

Thanks for all the information guy's! I appreciate it.

Team houston

I saw an unusually high amount of dead fish floating at Belleville Sat the 21st. Bluegill, Crappie, Rock bass, some smallmouth and hundreds of shad. I fish there early every year and I never saw this many before. Anybody else notice this? Anybody hear of any chemical spills etc...  Hope it was a natural occurance. The fishing was terrible by the way, I ALWAYS catch my share and I only caught one smallmouth that day.

Javelin200

I have seen this before .............. not so much with the other fish you mentioned .......but i have seen the huge shad kills before. Usually early and late in the year i have noticed them . No chemical spill that i have heard of ... if there was you would have seen alot more gamefish floating . I don't know why it happens but it seems to be a every year thing ...So the fishing sucked that day huh ??? Good to know ...glad i didn't go last weekend lol. Took the racecar out to Milan Dragway instead  ;D

Gary

Revtro

I have seen similar things on St. Clair.  I often wonder if it could be related to rapid temp changes.  Maybe the fish are shocked and killed off that way.  Maybe it's a normal, natural thing.  Not sure.  Just a thought.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Skulley

Belleville has a shad die off every year.  Some years are worse than others.  I was out there last Friday evening 4-20-07 and saw a lot of dead shad.  I also saw some shad that looked like they were going to die very soon.  There were brown spots on them.  They did not look healthy at all.  I have never seen them with these brown spots.  It looked pretty nasty. 

Come to Belleville in late August right through October and there are huge schools of these shad all over the lake and the fish and sea gulls are eating them.  During this time of year the shad are very healthy and active.

BD           ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com