Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:19:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Sanford/Wixom Lake week night tournaments

Started by Big dreams, April 09, 2014, 07:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big dreams

Is anyone interested in doing these again?  They use to be rotating the lakes each week and go on Wednesday from 6-9 PM.  I would like to see that go again if possible.

gmetime24

I would be interested if these started happening again. Those were fun to do when a decent amount of boats would show up

kram1982

I might be interested in one or two at Sanford. Team or singles?

Big dreams

It was $20 per boat if I remember correctly.  Could fish up to two people per boat.  Tom, do you have a contact for who did it before?

gmetime24

I talked to one of the guys that's was normally at those. He said it is probably not happening. Nbaa has taken over the weeknight events, most those guys that were apart of the old Tuesday night thing have gone over to nbaa

Big dreams

kram1982

If it was $20 per boat with 100% payout, the payout would probably still be better then NBAA...  :D If anyone just wants to meet up and just fish for fun let me know, I plan on trying to make it out there once a week if I can and just work on learning the lake better. It's the closest lake to my house so my girlfriend and I are going to try and get out there more this year.

Coop

I think I will be on Sanford on C&R opener. Not sure if it will be that productive, but we will see. I plan on Slowly running jerkbaits, Carolina's, and maybe break out some blade baits on the weed lines next to the channels.
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

gmetime24

I will be on Sanford possibly both days for C&R. The lake can be tough early but you can find some good ones. Water clarity will probably suck for a little bit but I guess that depends on how much rain we get between now and then

gmetime24

If we could get a handful of guys, we could always start up our own weeknight thing and see what happens. At the end of these a couple years ago we were just weighing fish in the bag with a handheld digital scale. Doesn't have to be anything too serious. I could possibly find a couple more boaters to do it

Big dreams

It gives me a chance to get out and fish for a few hours... I am in.  I have an extra weigh bag we can use and a scale if nobody has the pro series scale.  I suggest we keep it at $20/boat and 5 fish limit.  Switching lakes is a cool idea too.  I recommend using the launch at the store though.  The launch at the beach is tricky (maybe its just me).

What do you guys think?

Kram, where abouts are you at?  I live 3 miles from the DNR launch on Wixom.

gmetime24

I wouldn't mind using the launch at the store. It's cheaper and at the county they close the gates at sundown or sometimes earlier

Coop

I'm up for it as well.. I never launched at the store you guys are talking about. Always from the beach. Gonna have to let me know where it is. I plan on doing a TON of fishing this summer in both Sanford and Wixom, and some in Secord. I live in Auburn so I'm just a small ride from all of em. I'm not familiar with any of them except Sanford. And in Sanford it is probably only 10% lol.. I was always a big walleye bay guy since I used to live on it the prior 8 years up until last August. I bought a brand new Nitro Z-7 Sport (wish it was a regular Z-7 but my old lady wasn't in agreement and needed something to lay out on in the summer). Lol..... Anyways it's rigged to the britches..
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

kram1982

I'm just west of Bay City in Monitor Township, about 30 minutes from Sanford. I wouldn't be able to get to Wixom in time for anything but I would definitely do a few at Sanford. The store launch for sure, I am buying a season pass there this year if I can track down the owners and if they are still doing the season pass thing.  If I remember correctly they used to do a season pass for like $50, so it's well worth it if they are still doing that. I will be fishing Sanford quite a bit this year, really want to learn the lake better. I can usually make it to the launch at Sanford by about 5:40.

Big dreams

Great!  Hopefully we can get a few other people to come as well.  I might be able to get few folks from the club as well.  Put the word out guys and let us know if anyone else wants to get in on this.

gmetime24

The season pass at the store last season was $55.  The owners I believe go out of state for the winter so they should be back soon. That ramp was getting a little un even last season so hopefully they fix that. I'll contact a few other guys and maybe we can make this happen

Big dreams

Do we want to keep it one lake or alter it with Wixom?

Coop

I can do either, but if its at the fallout of losing others I can manage with just Sanford. Plenty of water.. Can all have a few beers afterwards.. would be a lot of fun if we can get it together
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

kram1982

I would only fish Sanford but I won't be able to fish every week anyways.  Maybe just every couple of weeks for me so no big deal if you guys want to fish Wixom.  Thats a fun lake too, jI ust can't get there in time from work.  I will just show up when I can at Sanford.  Should be a good time!

gmetime24

The couple guys I talked to would maybe be able to do it here and there. One said he is fishing a lot of tournaments already and doesn't want to make his fish tight lipped by catching them all the time. The other guy is not sure because of his work schedule. I wouldn't be able to make every week either depending on my work schedule.

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to just see when the guys on here can make it and just do these get togethers when we can. It doesn't have to be a tourney even just a handful of days spent out on the water