Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:13:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Sorry Guys - not about fishing

Started by blakstr1, January 24, 2006, 07:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Joey Harrington be a starter in the NFL for the 2006-2007 season?

yes
0 (0%)
no
0 (0%)
won't be in the NFL
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Cheetam

Quote from: PoorBoy on March 15, 2006, 08:36:32 AM
I heard a rumor this morning on Drew and Mike that Herrington is leaving Detroit.? Something about not being happy in Detroit and not getting along well with the new management.

Anyone else hear this?

PoorBoy himself :-\'
There's always rumors...who knows.
Jeff

Revtro

I've heard that rumor also, but it's likely just a rumor.  However, something smells fishy with them signing Kitna.  I can't see a scenario where they wouldn't have told him that he'd have a legitimate shot at being a starter here.  That being said, it casts doubt on the earlier news conference where Millen said that Joey is the starter.  I have a funny feeling Joey will be a part of a trade deal soon.  It's just a hunch.  I just don't trust the news conferences any more.  We'll see what happens.  I'd love to go to a game this year, but I be too po.  At these prices, I can't swing it.   :(
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

yukonjack2

the rumor is true - Joey is going going gone!  thank God!  He'll be gone by 6/15 before his $4 MM signing roster bonus kicks in.

Kitna's the starter, and King(a Tulane Grad BTW-GO WAVE) will be the back up.

Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

yukonjack2

Almost  forgot - I'm in for a game as well -
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

Cheetam

Joey says "Cut me or Trade Me"...apparently he didn't do well in Mike Martz's QB mini-camp.  I can't wait to see how this one pans out...
Jeff

Revtro

That's funny.  Just after I made my post, this hit the news wires.  So I guess this time around the rumors were true.  Whodathunkit?  I had a feeling though that Kitna was brought here to start.  He seems like a great guy, but he has had average numbers over his career.  It makes me wonder now what happened with Joey during the camp?  Or was it obvious to him that Kitna was here to compete for his job and he simply has had enough of this organization?  Either way, as much as I like Joey, it's a good thing that he's moving on.  He lost the locker room a long time ago.  Too bad, he had a lot of promise coming out college.  It'll be interesting to see if he becomes a reliable QB elsewhere, or if he becomes a career backup.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Cheetam

Check out Kitna's 2003 stats (his last year as the starter in Cincy)...I'd say they were much better than average.  26 TDs, 15 INTs, 3500+ yards...That's pretty darn good.  With the talent we have at receiver, he could shine here (he had 37 receptions of 20 yards that year, along with 11 over 40...and that was with only one good receiver!)...oh the possibilities...
Jeff

smbassman

I am not much of a Lions fan and only caught a few games last year, but I mut say that good QB's are a result of good Off. lines.  If the Lions don't fix that part of their organization, it won't matter who they have hiking the ball.

MBell

Quote from: jcheetam on March 16, 2006, 12:48:50 PM
Check out Kitna's 2003 stats (his last year as the starter in Cincy)...I'd say they were much better than average.? 26 TDs, 15 INTs, 3500+ yards...That's pretty darn good.? With the talent we have at receiver, he could shine here (he had 37 receptions of 20 yards that year, along with 11 over 40...and that was with only one good receiver!)...oh the possibilities...

You must have missed the playoff game against Pittsburgh.  Kitna brought that high powered offense to a screething halt single handedly.  We're never going to have a quarterback, I wish they would quit wasting picks on the offenseive skill positions and buid up the o-line and defense.  Joeys gone for sure now, at least McKown actually has an upside. 
-Matt

Cheetam

Quote from: MBell on March 16, 2006, 04:58:02 PM
Quote from: jcheetam on March 16, 2006, 12:48:50 PM
Check out Kitna's 2003 stats (his last year as the starter in Cincy)...I'd say they were much better than average.? 26 TDs, 15 INTs, 3500+ yards...That's pretty darn good.? With the talent we have at receiver, he could shine here (he had 37 receptions of 20 yards that year, along with 11 over 40...and that was with only one good receiver!)...oh the possibilities...

You must have missed the playoff game against Pittsburgh.? Kitna brought that high powered offense to a screething halt single handedly.? We're never going to have a quarterback, I wish they would quit wasting picks on the offenseive skill positions and buid up the o-line and defense.? Joeys gone for sure now, at least McKown actually has an upside.?
-Matt
Oh, I saw it...Palmer going down after only playing 2 or three downs was the reason the offense came to a halt...You can't expect a guy (Kitna) to come in cold off the bench (especially after not starting a game all season) and excel...in a playoff game nonetheless!? You could see it in every Cincy player's face that their chances to win left the game when Palmer did...My point is things could be a whole lot worse than Kitna.? I do agree, though that a solid O-line would be nice...And McCown...now that dude can sling the ball...
Jeff

Revtro

QuoteMy point is things could be a whole lot worse than Kitna.  I do agree, though that a solid O-line would be nice...And McCown...now that dude can sling the ball...

Yes, Kitna did have a decent year, so I'd agree with that.  He's still never been what we might call a "great" QB, but he does have an upside to be sure.  Just getting back the locker room should really help matters. 

Agreed...the O-Line needs to be fortified.  I hope they have enough money to address that.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

blakstr1

O-Line very much needed..agreed...but Kitna still not the QB I had hoped for, I had dreams of a big name future hall of famer...dare to dream, we as Lions fans deserve it...
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

djkimmel

Okay - weird, but sometimes we do talk about something other than fishing, so here's the one place to do it. Same board rules apply, but talk about whatever you want when you feel the need to be freed... of the fishing constraint that is.

This topic is a good example... just remember the thing about the dangers of politics and religion...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

blakstr1

Yeah who woulda thunk it???? A string this long about the LIONS on a fishing forum...ya'll are just my kind of people...

so with that anybody play with Barbies when they were a kid.... :-\'? uhhh..well i didn't it..ahh where am i...what...getting faint.....losing concio................._______________________? ?:D

T.G.I.F.? :P
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

blakstr1

call me crazy but i'm excited about the McCown signing, and I guess it makes the Kitna signing even better, the Lions are getting both of them for Harrignton's money, can't balk at a deal like that.  I'm now thinking Martz will do well with these guys, theoretically with the recievers the Lions have somebody just has to be able to loft the ball up with accuracy, of course I'd buy some extra stickum!! 

At least the Lions are shaking it up and trying to fill the holes...
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Cheetam

Quote from: blakstr1 on March 17, 2006, 09:32:48 AM
call me crazy but i'm excited about the McCown signing, and I guess it makes the Kitna signing even better, the Lions are getting both of them for Harrignton's money, can't balk at a deal like that.? I'm now thinking Martz will do well with these guys, theoretically with the recievers the Lions have somebody just has to be able to loft the ball up with accuracy, of course I'd buy some extra stickum!!?

At least the Lions are shaking it up and trying to fill the holes...
McCown has a big arm...Martz likes to throw the ball downfield...we have big receivers...sounds like a good match.  McCown is used to throwing to talented receivers who can go up and get the ball (Boldin and Fitzgerald)...it might just work.  I'm excited to see how this works out...I still like Kitna though and think he will compete for the starting job...
Jeff

fales

I think we might actually do good in the division without harrington calling the plays. Whether it is Kitna or McCown we will do better but like it has been said before we need the offensive line improved and some good backups on the defensive side because we seem to always lose them to injuries.

blakstr1

I'm excited to see how this works out...I still like Kitna though and think he will compete for the starting job...

most of the succesful teams have two good QB's anyway i like the odds with these 2 guys...maybe they will compliment each other good...
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com