Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:57:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Sorry Guys - not about fishing

Started by blakstr1, January 24, 2006, 07:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Joey Harrington be a starter in the NFL for the 2006-2007 season?

yes
0 (0%)
no
0 (0%)
won't be in the NFL
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

blakstr1

A little poll about Joey, where will his talent take him?

Also if anybody has a prediction for what team he'll play for next year add it here.

*POLL AND POST MOVED*
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

dhuff

Ha Ha.  That gave me a good laugh. 

Skulley

What a laugh......just like the Lions season. 

BD     ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

fales

Going on with the lions stuff what do you guys think they should do with millen and who they should pick in the draft. Mt personal opinion is to get rid of millen and then trade up to get matt leinart or vince young.

Skulley

Fire Millen.  They fired the wrong guy when they fired Mariucci.  Give this new guy a shot now.  Too late to fire Millen.  If this new coach can't get it done in 3 years.......Fire 'em both.

BD      ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

yukonjack2

I would rather see Ford sell the team to someone comitted to a winning attitude - millen is in a bad spot there not in control of the purse strings -

I do not think wasting a high pick on a qb is the answer - look at their history - Joey can throw ok with time.   Jones can run with blocking - and they probably have 2 pro-bowl receivers if not 3 with the right conditions - reminds me of the 90's. 

I think they should use the high pick for the defensive MLB from Tx - can't remember his name offhand right now, and then draft spped for the secondary - always a pevebial problem in Detroit .  Any additional off lineman is always a plus as well.

Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

dhuff

What does any team in the NFL that has a great passing or a great running game have?  BLOCKING!  The lions don't have any of that.  I am not saying Joey is good or anything.  I am just saying that I don't care who you put in there with the line they have they will never get to the playoffs let alone a super bowl.  I would like to see a better QB though.

MBell

Your right about the blocking, I didn't expect it to be this bad this year.  Looks lke Stocker McDougle was way better than most people thought.  There was one nice thing about this year, they looked so bad early that I gave up on them about two weeks earleir than normal and was able to fish a little more. 
-Matt

Savage

Can't believe Millen kept his job through that whole mess, but he is not the core problem.? When you want to know whta's wrong with the Lions, it's just like their catchy jingle says:

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? "THINK FORD FIRST"

Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

Cheetam

Games are won or lost at the line of scrimmage...that said, get some lineman for Pete's sake!  Runningbacks have poor games when the line is pushed two yards back every snap and quarterbacks can't throw (thus WRs can't catch) when they're lying on their backs or being pressured every down...
Jeff

blakstr1

huh..anybody else noticed how many EX-Lions play for Pittsburgh???  JEFF HARTINGS going to the probowl again, need I say more?
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

blakstr1

Well with the hiring of Mike Martz, will the Lions be the next Greatest Show on Turf??? or will it be the same old CIRCUS???

Here's a non-fishing poll for you guys..

WHAT TEAM WILL JOEY HARRINGTON BE ON FOR THE 2006-2007 SEASON??
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Cheetam

Joey will stay with the Lions...even with his big roster bonus and salary for the year.  They can't afford to lose him (as silly as it sounds) because they would then be down two quarterbacks (with Garcia leaving) with only a second year guy left on the roster.  There aren't too many QB free agents available to fill 2 spots on the roster, and there is no guarantee that the 2 QBs would fit into the West Coast scheme.
Jeff

blakstr1

i see where the Lions made another stellar signing..QB Shaun King!??  #%$!  he didn't even play in the NFL last year... :P  I guess they are interviewing Pat Ramsey from the 'Skins though...
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

blakstr1

Okay help me with this one....

Culpepper to the Dolphins

Brees to the Saints

and the Lions get .....  Kitna?   >:(
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Cheetam

Quote from: blakstr1 on March 14, 2006, 02:54:10 PM
Okay help me with this one....

Culpepper to the Dolphins

Brees to the Saints

and the Lions get .....? Kitna?? ?>:(
Culpepper= Huge roster bonus, tore up knee, and bad relationship with new coach in Minnesota

Brees= tore up shoulder, #1 pick in the draft sitting on the bench in SD

Kitna= a solid back-up to Joey in 06-07...I wouldn't doubt if he wins the starting job.  He was a solid starter in Cincy before they put Palmer in charge.  He has a good arm and is pretty accurate...Chad Johnson's break-out year came with Kitna tossing him the rock...Put it this way, it could be worse  :o
Jeff

blakstr1

thanks Jeff, i was spitting and sputtering about this but you eased my pain...let's take in a game next year, get a group of us together...
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Cheetam

Quote from: blakstr1 on March 14, 2006, 09:28:32 PM
thanks Jeff, i was spitting and sputtering about this but you eased my pain...let's take in a game next year, get a group of us together...
I'm in Blake...I have a good little area for free parking and tailgating, and it's only a 5 minute walk from the stadium.
Jeff

blakstr1

I put this on my Outlook calendar to remind me in July and August, then we'll find a good date to go...i never made a game last year, i usually make one or two a year at least...
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

McCarter

I heard a rumor this morning on Drew and Mike that Herrington is leaving Detroit.  Something about not being happy in Detroit and not getting along well with the new management.

Anyone else hear this?

PoorBoy himself :-\'