Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 07:14:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Quantum Smoke vs. Shimano Crucial

Started by ACbassassassin, March 12, 2014, 10:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACbassassassin

I am currently in the process of an arsenal overhaul, and now I'm debating on which rods to buy.  Since I'm looking at purchasing a plethora of rods, my price range is hovering around that $150 mark.

Both the Quantum Smoke and Shimano Crucial rods are in my price range, and receive a substantial amount of praise online.  I was wondering if anyone on here has any personal experience with either model, or could refer an alternative choice within the price range?

Edit: I'm looking to buy a dropshot rod, cranking rod, jig rod, and a flipping slop rod.

Waterfoul

Crucial all the way.  I have many of them and wouldn't trade them for any other rod on the market.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Grinny

I don't have any experience with the Quantum rods, but I have a 7'6 crucial crankbait rod medium power, with extra fast action and it is a blast to fight fish on. I also have a crucial drop shot, and worm and jig rod, and they are super sensitive..

Gander mountain still has their rod trade in going on, so you could save some $ off retail, I think it goes until the 16th...bass pro shops just ended theirs on Tuesday. I only buy new rods this time of year to save some cash!

ACbassassassin

Quote from: Waterfoul on March 13, 2014, 09:49:36 AM
Crucial all the way.  I have many of them and wouldn't trade them for any other rod on the market.

I'm not overly familiar with Shimano's warranty policy. Is it reasonable?

Grinny

They have an over the counter lifetime replacement, you break the rod you can bring it into any shimano retailer and swap it for a new rod, I've used at 3-4 times with no issues...

ACbassassassin

Quote from: Grinny on March 16, 2014, 09:47:37 PM
They have an over the counter lifetime replacement, you break the rod you can bring it into any shimano retailer and swap it for a new rod, I've used at 3-4 times with no issues...

Wow... That's great to hear.

Thank you

Waterfoul

Quote from: Grinny on March 16, 2014, 09:47:37 PM

Exactly.  A lot easier than shipping a rod back to the manufacturer, paying a fee, etc... best in the market if you ask me.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

korean_bassmaster

Grinny, is the rod discount based on what rod u bring in depend on how much if a discount u get?

Waterfoul

It's a full replacement warranty... not a discounted warranty.  Lifetime means lifetime.

ACbassassassin

Quote from: Waterfoul on March 17, 2014, 10:26:14 PM
It's a full replacement warranty... not a discounted warranty.  Lifetime means lifetime.

I think he means the Gander Mountain rod trade in promotional.

Grinny

Quote from: korean_bassmaster on March 17, 2014, 10:24:14 PM
Grinny, is the rod discount based on what rod u bring in depend on how much if a discount u get?

No the discount is based off the price of the new rod, so the more you spend the bigger the discount if you are referring to the rod trade in program at Gander Mountain, or at Bass pro shops. But unfortunately they have both ended. So you can bring in any rod, as long as it's in working condition for the trade....