Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:22:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Lake Powell, UT

Started by kgr624, March 28, 2007, 01:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgr624

Just curious if anyone on here has ever fished Lake Powell. Going for a little fishing trip/Vaction and wondering if anyone has any ideas about this place. Read up on it a lot, got some maps, and hopefully going to get some useful feed back from you all. Suppose to be 70 degrees water temp is at 56 right now but ran is suppose to hit and they say temp should go up to near 60. :) Hoping that is true if you know what I mean. Thanks

Ken
Your either getting better or worse you never just stay the same

Skip Johnson

Awesome place it will blow your mind, tons and tons of great looking shore line but ignore most of it, fish the back of coves in the spring, jump from one to another not spending too much time working main lake or secondary banks just the backs of the coves.
traditional bass tactics like plastic worms pig n jigs crank baits and try topwater in the early mornings and late evenings.
theres a ton of big striper too so keep a big topwater bait like a zara spook ready and a spoon like a 1/2 or 3/4 oz hopkins for breaking fish.
bullfrog basin and halls crossing is a good area to fish and where I would recomend but the south end has the most coves if you do hit them in full spawn try there as well.

if your doing the house boat thing make sure you bring a couple pounds of bread dough with cotton blended in, the cotton helps it stay on the treble hook for big carp also bring or buy out there frozen herring or anchovies for stripers and catfish both bite all night.

p.s. dont get lost, its BIG!
Go Big or Go Home!

thomas

I'm from Arizona and have been here about 13 yrs now. Lake Powell is breathtaking. Very clear water, also deep. Back in the late 80's and early 90's while fishing the old US Bass Tournament Trail the fat Gitzit was the thing to use. They did like that tube bait. I do wish I was back home in the Southwest, but have to many grand kids. Can't get my wife to leave them.

Enjoy your trip.

thomas
Jos.24:15 ....;but as for me and my house,we will serve the Lord."