Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:29:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

BASS CAT PROBLEMS

Started by senkochuker, March 21, 2007, 04:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

senkochuker

I herd at the show this week that there has been some guy's having problems with there Jag's from what I herd jag's from 1997 to 1999 had some problems with broken transims and it was caused from rotted wood, they do have a fix for the problem i guess.

smbassman

There maybe an isolated case and if it's going to happen, it wouldn't surprise me to happen here in Michigan with the great lakes pounding that most boats get.

I have heard nothing of a widespread issue with any year BassCat or any specific model.  It is a fact that BassCat's before 2000 were made with wood (as almost all boats were).  If the transom got cracked and was not repaired the wood will get wet and eventually rot.

I am not sure the point of your post, but if you have a 1997-1999 Jag, I wouldn't worry too much.  You have an awesome boat.  If you're the one with the rotten transom, I suggest you call BassCat directly.  I am sure they will help you out!  Let me know if you need the number.

MBell

I remember when looking at new boats in 02' many manufactuers still used wood to my suprise.  I went with triton for this very reason. 
-Matt 

Revtro

BassCat's are extremely well made boats. ('04,'05,'07 Customer Satisfaction Awards) In fact, IMO some of the best.  So my guess is that this is an isolated incidence.  I took a look on the owners board and did a Google search for info on this and came up empty.  There are a lot of things that explain a problem like this.  For instance, did the owner use a transom saver?  I don't care what a dealer tells you, you must always use one if you have a big outboard, unless you think you'll never hit a pothole.  That could easily explain such a problem.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

If none of you Bass Cat regulars can substantiate this 'rumor' with any cases of actual people, let me know and I will remove this thread.

Rumors without substance are not productive for anyone or anything in my opinion. Usually just cause needless problems.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

smbassman

Dan,

I can't speak for BassCat directly, but being an owner and hanging around the BassCat website where Rick Pierce (BassCat owner) regularly posts and responds to issues, questions, RUMORS etc, I don't think they would request you to censor or delete these posts.  BassCat's reputation is well established enough to survive this.  I am also sure that if there was an issue as stated, BassCat would do anything they could to take care of it.

So I don't think there is any need to delete these posts.

BASS FISHERMAN

i send PM to this senkochuker i thinks  ??? ??? ???
aftur thinkin bout it fur a spell i getts to wondurin ifin i sends PM to sumeones diffurunt thans senkochuker  ??? ??? ???
all good thing i say to him in said PM  ;) ;) ;)
i tll hims Bass Cats Boats are verrie well made boat an they are made to lass fur yeers of hard use  ;) ;) ;)
i not sayin thay nevur has troobles with thay boats butt ones heer i see thays are verrie good indeed  ;) ;) ;)
i allso gives him the idea to call the neerest Bass Cats deelore down in indiana with questiuns bout said boats  ;D ;D ;D
i allso getts to wondurin ifin this senkochuker knows whut a PM is an hows to get into thar to reeds it  ??? ??? ???

:-* :-* :-* BASS CATS BOAT RULE  :-* :-* :-*
i juss moves neer Belding on M-44 in Michigan USA
an verrie proud of it

Revtro

Yeah, I don't think this thread is a problem.  There are enough BassCat owners on this board like smbassman and myself who can testify to the quality of the boats and the integrity of the company in dealing with any issues that arise.  They have a great reputation for a reason.  And in this instance I completely agree with BASS FISHERMAN... BassCat Boats do rule.  More and more people up in these here parts are starting to realize it, as evidenced by the growing number of BassCats you see at tournaments.  One Tuesday night I saw 4 of them in a field of only 20 boats. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

Your wish is my command...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Langer

Quote from: djkimmel on March 22, 2007, 06:13:55 PM

If theres still two wishes left I'll take a brand new Bass Cat ;D
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

BASS FISHERMAN

now i gets to lookin at how this senkochuker puts his wurds heer on this forum i am startin to thinks this is a partnur of mine in diskize an tryin to be funnie  ;D ;D ;D
i mite be rong bout this but i dont thinks so  ;) ;) ;)
ifin this is my partnur in diskize he shood cume out an tells how i scares the sh!( frum him with me fast boat  :D :D :D
i heed out into the big watur an i trims hur up  :D :D :D
an aways we go with this partnur beggin me to slows hur on down  ;D ;D ;D
the big watur and big waves scares my partnur reel bad  :D :D :D
sumetimes he muss lay down in the bottum of me boat juss to get hold of him self  :D :D :D

:-* :-* :-* BASS CATS BOAT RULE  :-* :-* :-*
an verrie proud of it

OUTLAW

Do you have to change his dipper when you run the lake? I don't wear one myself I just wait till I get a good chance and do it. Right bass fisherman.

BASS FISHERMAN

i has ben thinkin bout this senkochuker an i no who this senkochuker
is in reel life  ;) ;) ;)
senkochuker  once live on edge of indian channle of the grand rivur but thay run hims out of thar  ;D ;D ;D
then this senkochuker move up neer newagos areias wheer he live today an that is wheer he keeps he rangers boat  ;D ;D ;D
senkochuker  was proud ownur of bass cat boats at one times!!but cence has move on to rangers boat  ;) ;) ;) he has foun that theese bass cats boat rides to high up on pad resultin in to hi of speed fur hims  ;) ;) ;) rangers seem to ride alitle lowur resultin in much lowur speed ;) ;) ;)
this senkochuker is abit biggur thans bass fishermans an this senkochuker is one of them guys who wheers wurkin boots with shorts on in summer time  ;D ;D ;D
he is allso one who shaves all he hair off an then pulls he fishin hat down tite  ;D ;D ;D
evin aftur all of this i still likes this senkochuker  :D :D :D

:-* :-* :-* 1974 TERRY BOATS RULE  :-* :-* :-*

an verrie proud of it

Dan

I have a 97 Jag and haven't had a lick of problems with the hull, transom etc. I would keep it forever if the motor would last that long. I will be going down to the Bass Cat invitational in Mountain Home Ark and will keep my ear out, but I have regular contact with a half dozen cat owners and they couldn't be more pleased with their rigs.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

Quote from: Langer on March 22, 2007, 07:33:25 PM

Maybe I should be a little more detailed...? (or at least add some lawyer-ese type disclaimer... in tiny all caps script of course... ;D)

Langer

Quote from: djkimmel on March 23, 2007, 02:54:03 PM
Quote from: Langer on March 22, 2007, 07:33:25 PM

Maybe I should be a little more detailed...? (or at least add some lawyer-ese type disclaimer... in tiny all caps script of course... ;D)

You'll have to do that for next time!  ;D  I would like the boat to have some tan in it to match my truck (3rd wish).  When can I pick it up? :D
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

djkimmel

I'll get back to you... probably two weeks...

Savage

Oh, you Basscat owners are so sensitive.  Lighten up!  The boats are great, they go fast, stay dry and all boat brands will eventually have problems.

Having said that, I still like to make fun of my buddy in the club who runs a B-kitty. I was wondering, if you pet one of those bass-kittens, do they purr?

Meeee-ow..... ::)
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

macbass

savage you are right we pet it she purrs. We hit the gas pedal and all you see is the cats behind

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

Revtro

Quote from: Savage on March 28, 2007, 09:58:38 PM
Oh, you Basscat owners are so sensitive.  Lighten up!  The boats are great, they go fast, stay dry and all boat brands will eventually have problems.

Nah, we're not really all that sensitive.  Just trying to dispell unwarranted rumors.  Cat owners just tend to be pretty brand loyal that way.  That's all.  Like I said below, this thread really isn't that big of a deal.  I do need to lighten up though but my weight is a totally different issue.  And by the way, when I pet mine she purrs.  That rumor is definitely true. ;D  uh..not that I ever do that...er.. never mind.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]