Main Menu

Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:27:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

The New NBAA???

Started by dartag, January 24, 2014, 07:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dartag

Got an e-mail from NBAA stating big changes.   Sounds like they listened to the anglers.   The info is on there site also. 

Congrats to Jason Wilbur on Angler of The Year. 

VinceR

I bet the big drop in participation helped to put an exclamation point on what the anglers have been saying since the big change.

I, for one, am in favor of hearing what all they have to say. I enjoyed fishing the tournaments. Didn't like seeing the participation drop off like it did, but I understand why it was happening.

I like the idea of championships at the state level, with a percentage of the top finishers advancing to a national championship. Especially if they are awarding the qualifiers a "travel stipend". Sounds like they are patterning it after the All American. Plus, bigger payouts at the divisional level is always a "plus".

Manxfishing

I'd listen to what they have to say as well

But at this time I have no plans to renew my memembership
The tournaments I fish or plan to fish have gone to opens or Cash for Bass

acummins

any idea when we might see some more info n schedules?

Got Fish??

Catch and release season is close, and still no schedule for 2014 for southern lower Michigan. Jionned last year, but didn't fish one time. Look's to be another season with out my membership. I am vary dissapointed !

dartag

Check the schedule tab. 

There are a couple remaining divisions.  You have to click on the number to see which lakes they are fishing.  The west side of the state has a lot of divisions that have remained. 

Like you I am not decided if I will pay the membership.   Div 18 Thursday mornings is a fun one to fish.  I am waiting to see where the State Championship will be held.  ( West side probably )

Quite a few NBAA divisions have switched to CFB. You need to go to there facebook page to see them.

I was bored at work last week and filled in my calendar.  Between SC and Inland lakes CFB has a tourny almost every weekend day all summer.   They will be the new force in tourney fishing in S/E mich.

We may not be fishing until July the way it is going.  30 inches of ice on Union Lake.

Got Fish??

I joined nbaa 9 years ago really enjoyed the club until last year. I'm going to cfb this year. I  will not pay the membership and then get treated poorly. $40  per member, then  get less for my money. Sorry I just want to fish with friends and family.

Frank

i will be joining NBAA again.  I have the same reason as Dartag.  I like div 18 Thursday mornings and I fish it with my daughter.  Everything else I fish will be Cash for Bass, or John Selling's Pontiac Lake stuff.  Thursday morning isn't about the money, the other tournaments are about the money.

Frank

Frank

Sadly, we can't qualify for the state tournament though because of their rules.  My daughter will be in school for the first 3 weeks this year.  There should be a rule excusing school for missing a week

TheFishinPollock

I'm looking forward to the club this year. It would seem, on paper, that things will be run a bit more smarter.

The state championship is a good thing for me, cept for the drive to LSC it's gonan take. I'm pretty sure that is where it will end up being held.  It sure won't be up here again. 

Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

dartag

Frank

check with Pete. I think you can sign her up as your partner and she can fish when schools out

djkimmel

Quote from: Frank on March 17, 2014, 02:39:58 PM
i will be joining NBAA again.  I have the same reason as Dartag.  I like div 18 Thursday mornings and I fish it with my daughter.  Everything else I fish will be Cash for Bass, or John Selling's Pontiac Lake stuff.  Thursday morning isn't about the money, the other tournaments are about the money.

Frank

Always ask. The worst someone can usually say is no. You might come up with another great suggestion by asking.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Frank

Yes, she is my partner but you have to fish 10 weeks to qualify for the championship.  The most she can do is 9 because of school, and 8 if she goes up north for the 4th of July.

Jmeis

I would check into it further, 2 years ago you could buy in to the one on one championship just by paying the entry fee. You did not even have to fish the qualifiers as long as you paid for them.
Triton TX 21 Bass Master Classic 225 OPTI
It costs extra to be STUPID!

customfishn

The State fish off will be held at Sioux St Marie this year.  Kind of a long way to drive.

dartag

Quote from: customfishn on March 18, 2014, 05:46:49 PM
The State fish off will be held at Sioux St Marie this year.  Kind of a long way to drive.

How could that happen after the low turn out they got a Mullet Lake.  Thanks you saved me membership money.

customfishn

I'm not sure how it happened but I do think it has something to do with the owners having a partnership with a walleye tour that goes there.  Just a guess.  I also heard that the one on one championship will be held the following day on the same waters.  People from Oklahoma don't realize how large Michigan is and that body of water is over 6 hours from most of the anglers.  But I'm sure I will go I love fishing up north and if I'm the only one there its tough to loose.

kram1982

What is there to fish in Sioux St. Marie?  Kind of an odd place to hold a state championship, its like they don't want anyone with smaller boats to fish NBAA anymore.  So many good inland lakes to fish in this state.  And I believe the weather played a big factor in the Fall Classic at Mullet Lake last fall as far as the bad turnout.  The weather was terrible and I'm glad I didn't make the trip up there for that.  They also need to increase the payouts a little more, maybe give away a fiberglass boat instead of an aluminum boat.  That doesn't get me to excited to go off and fish the bigger NBAA events and if I didn't buy a 3 year membership 2 years ago I probably wouldn't waste my money to buy another membership this year.  Still need to do better to keep me fishing with them.

dartag

Did you find out about the championship on there site.   I looked and could not find anything

Frank

I wont fish it then.  Im not ready to take my ten year old daughter on the big water