Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 11:56:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

What's your favorite bass fishing DVD?

Started by bigjc, January 12, 2014, 11:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjc

I have settled into my typical winter hybernation mode.  Oh sure, I may make the occasional trek out to punch a whole through a block of ice, to catch a few yummy perch or crappie, but for the most part, I will hunker down for the next few weeks in my man cave and change line on a few reels while watching my fav. fishing DVDs.

So what are you favs?  I have an old DVD of Larry Nixon on Spring fishing tactics, that I have seen 20 or 30 times, and never seem to get bored with it.

Got Fish??

Kim Stricker's smallmouth neighborhood I and II.

djkimmel

We should create a review list for people (like me) who don't have a bunch of DVDs yet. Helps to know which ones are better to save money and time in acquisition.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bigjc

Quote from: djkimmel on January 16, 2014, 04:19:21 PM
We should create a review list for people (like me) who don't have a bunch of DVDs yet. Helps to know which ones are better to save money and time in acquisition.
I was thinking the same thing when I posted this.

t-bone

DVDs? really? what is this the stone ages?

How about a list of really good instructional videos you can watch online - there are a lot more available but also a lot of crap. Is anyone really putting things out on DVD anymore, I would think they'd be doing youtube.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Skulley

Quote from: t-bone on January 17, 2014, 09:19:45 AM

How about a list of really good instructional videos you can watch online - there are a lot more available but also a lot of crap. Is anyone really putting things out on DVD anymore, I would think they'd be doing youtube.

In-Fisherman is putting their stuff on DVD still.  Kim Stricker still has DVDs.  I prefer DVD over streaming but I still do stream on-line stuff because there is some good stuff on YouTube as you mentioned.  All resources must be examined.  I haven't seen any blu-ray fishing videos yet.  I'm sure they're available. 

To the topic at hand, I like the Glen Lau videos.  Bigmouth and Bigmouth Forever were the first two.  Then there are like three more videos in the series.  I have had them a very long time.  They are in tape format for VCR.  That's how old they are. These videos have Bass Fishing Legend Homer Circle on them both and I think he narrates some too.  Boy, it's been a long time since I watched them.  A couple of years for sure. I still have a couple of VCR/DVD combo players that I can play them on.  I also have the whole in-Fisherman Library of videos.  Smallmouth and Largemouth ones from grubbing to crankbaiting to all kinds of technique specific stuff.  I really like Stricker's Smallmouth Neighborhood videos.  And then on an old Windows Millennium Machine I got set up I got Trophy Bass from Sierra.  Also Deerhunter from Sierra too for the hunting aficionados.  And then we have a PS3, a Wii, a Wii U, PS4.  We still have older stuff like a GameCube, an original Nintendo, a Super NES and I think that about does it.  Several games I got for those are for the Wii, the KVD game.  Jimmy Houston for Super NES and I think that's still my favorite game on video. So we can fish all year long around here whether it's on line, on the computer, on a game system whatever.  We got videos to watch.................it's all good.

BD                                    ;D 
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Good point... some are definitely still doing DVDs but there are a universe of online video. I tried to create the categories/channels with the software I bought and installed to run GreatLakesBass.TV but it is challenging to create lists you don't have complete control over that don't include redundant or superfluous video. Some of the channels have less non-instructive or non-entertaining video.

I can probably add to my todo list to put some more time later into creating channels and lists that are as high quality as possible using YouTube as the source.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bigjc

Most guys making videos are attempting to make money, one way or another, so DVDs or some similar format are not going away anytime soon.  Hard to make money from YouTube videos.

t-bone

Yeah - right.... and you can't make money on the internet. This is some old fashioned thinking too... plenty of people are making quite a lot of money on youtube videos and advertising.
I think I'll go rent a video from blockbuster!

Just having a little fun but seriously. There are a ton a of really good online videos coming out from strikeking, bassmaster, flw, wired2fish and lots of independents.

I own my share of KVD and Stricker DVDs - but I don't seem to break these out much when I can get more current stuff now online.

I like most of the wired2fish stuff: https://www.youtube.com/user/Wired2Fish
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Dan

"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."