Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:44:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Roses or no Roses

Started by Got Fish??, December 21, 2013, 09:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Got Fish??

Dose Mich State football bring home the flowers. Do they have a chance? Or is stanford too much for the Spartens

Mcfish

Should be a good game.  Pretty evenly matched.  If Sparty's trick plays work, they win.

djkimmel

They can beat Stanford. Other teams have beaten them. You just have to believe it from 00:00 until 60:00 more than they do. That's the secret of college football.

I'll root for sparty. Just don't tell those really annoying spartys who call my phone or pick on me on Facebook about their most recent span of success. They're annoying. So don't tell them. I don't call them after we win and in my lifetime I have lots more opportunity. I definitely don't pull that nonsense about 'my favorite team is Michigan and whomever plays sparty blah blah blah' I don't even care other than when sparty wins it's a lot less gloomy around town, and I don't like gloom. I only root against sparty when we play them.

Here is my challenge to spartydom - Win this game AND act like you've done it before by not burning and wrecking a bunch of stuff. I would be sorely #@$@$ off if a bunch of idiots wrecked and/or burned my car!

You really don't get into The Club until you can act like you've done it before. Just some friendly advice from a Michigan fan (we've done it before and I'm not really supposed to tell you secrets about the club... I'm sticking my neck out here... don't let me down).

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: Mcfish on December 21, 2013, 11:55:37 AM
Should be a good game.  Pretty evenly matched.  If Sparty's trick plays work, they win.

I have a great idea. Set up the trick plays and then fake them. Run the regular plays. Stanford will expect the trick so the regular should work! What do you think?!?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

No roses for Sparty.   :o   You heard it here first.  Here's why..........  The Big 10 in the last 5 years has been terrible in Bowl Games.  They haven't had a winning record during bowl season since I can remember.  Last year they were 2 wins and 5 losses in Bowl Games.  I say again that the Big 10 will have a losing record and Sparty won't help.  Sparty goes down.  No roses.    ;)     Sorry Dave.  I'd love to be wrong.

BD                           ;D

If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

YpsiBass

Except MSU won last year.  What's that? They won the year before too?  Good things come in threes, don't they?

Skulley

Quote from: YpsiBass on December 23, 2013, 12:44:05 PM
Except MSU won last year.  What's that? They won the year before too?  Good things come in threes, don't they?

As I said Ypsi, I'd love to be wrong.  They were apart of the 2 wins the Big 10 had in Bowl Games last year.  They have been consistent more so than any other Big 10 team.  I'd love to be wrong.

BD                                  ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Got Fish??

It's too bad that there is going to be a big piece of the defence missing. I hope the rest of the defence picks it up !!!! GO SPARTENS.

Skulley

Quote from: Got Fish?? on December 27, 2013, 11:42:24 AM
It's too bad that there is going to be a big piece of the defence missing. I hope the rest of the defence picks it up !!!! GO SPARTENS.

......and good defense can win games and sometimes DOES win games. I'd love to be wrong, but they are now further behind the 8 ball. Michigan has a better chance against Kansas St.   :o

BD.                     ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

sparty can bench 1 player and still win. They just need to want it enough for 60 minutes and they'll win! Plus, my wife says they're going to win.

Skulley

I'd love to be wrong.  8)  ;)

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: UAWBigDog on December 28, 2013, 07:17:51 AM

You were about Michigan     ;D

Skulley

Quote from: Firefighter Jeff on December 29, 2013, 01:49:08 PM
I'd love to be wrong.  8)  ;)

I still am all about Michigan. Graduated from Michigan. I'll always be maize and blue. Yeah they lost. I really didn't expect them to win. It would have been nice but they looked bad right out of the gate. To get inside the 5 on the first drive and settle for a field goal, well enough said. They were terrible. I'm very disappointed.

BD.                         ;D

You were about Michigan     ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

YpsiBass

Wish granted! Go Spartans!

djkimmel

I knew they could do it. Just wasn't sure if they knew they could do it until later in the game. Glad they pulled it off. Good for the mood around Lansing, and good for the Big Ten.

Skulley

Happy I was wrong. It would be nice for the B1G to have a decent record for a change for bowl games. Ohio State beating Clemson tomorrow would make the B1G at 3 wins and 4 losses. That is better as historically they have had worse losing records for bowl games. For the first time ever I'll be rooting for the Buckeye nuts. The B1G could better their bowl game record this year. They've stunk up the joint the last three years.

BD.               ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

YpsiBass

Glad OSU lost tbh. After being such a big cry baby after the loss to MSU, I really wanted to see Urban Meyer cry again.  No one learns anything by winning all the time. Losing builds character.

Wish that applied to the Lions though.