Main Menu

Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:11:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

MI State 1 on 1 Tour

Started by acummins, December 03, 2013, 10:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acummins

Want to see if any interest in this.
Would be one on one.
Would be thru NBAA so would be able to qualify for National Championship.
5 Tournaments thru out Michigan not local. (Would need to travel). The Temp schedule I made has all events within a 1-3 hour drive of each other
Would be weekends.
Entry Im not sure on. $40 is cheap but idk if payout would be worth the travel. $100 is alot but if we get 15 boats you are looking at just under $500 to win. Wouldn't be every week. Would be one every 3 weeks unless if there is a holiday then would be pushed back a week.

If you think you would be interested or have input say something.

Frank

it would have to be at least $100  to justify travel.   do it straight up instead of nbaa.   if you keep $10 a man for running it you could do a 90%  payback.   only pay 3 places.  third gets money back only.  I would if it was the days that fit my schedule.  I won't do it for a 67%  payback though.

dartag

Look up Topbass on Mi web.    They run a trail kind of like you are inquiring about.  There payout and entry is what Frank suggested.  They get a good turnout. 

Crankinsmallies

Waterfoul

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

PineLk 49

Quote from: Crankinsmallies on December 04, 2013, 07:04:43 AM
You lost me at NBAA.   ;D
Yup x 2. There are way to many tourney trails going on now that need to weed themselves out and let the strong grow. Nothing worse than showing up at the boat ramp and having 3 clubs there. two clubs have 5 boats apiece  and the other has 20.

Sorry just venting
Dave

Frank

NBAA does have some benefits, though a lot of that is based on the director.  I am glad to be able to fish Thursday morning with my daughter.  They allow her to go back to the launch to go to the bathroom, which isnt usually legal.  When I fish for money though, I really hate winning second and not paying for gas.
Here is a suggestion, Take sign ups in advance based on 5 possible lakes close to each other.  Say Oakland county, though just as an example because we have too many tournaments.  So, if you have 20 boats pre pay, we fish Cass because it has a big enough launch. 15 or less, Maceday because it can fit 15 and isn't fished that often.  If you have 6 boats, Crescent lake because its never fished for tournaments.  The reason I'm suggesting this is because once you grow to a large trail, you have no option but to fish the same few lakes with big launches.  Maybe its strange, I'm just throwing ideas out there.
Another idea I had is fish it like a bowling league.  $100 a week, but only pay out $30 for weekly prizes, then after the final week, have a payout by overall position.  That could make it a big pot at the end.

Frank

Kal-Kevin

I agree drop the NBAA part I found most are getting pass the point of their money being spent to pay others. I run a group where every penny goes back to the guys fishing, the only person getting any thing out of it is the director. He gets to fish for free for setting it up and running it.
     As for getting more to fish I found that distance was the real draw back to the trails these days. The lower the pay out the less that they want to make the trip, so you have to have a top payout to get them to over look the distance. Prices are nice but who can pay for gas with prizes so leave that out of the mix for now.

acummins

k no nbaa.
still lookin at 5-6 event.
$100 entry(90% payback-10% to Top 3 in AOY Race or 70% payback-30% to Top 5 in AOY Race) 20% of field paid back

Temp Schedule i have
Gun Lake
Coldwater Lake (Chain)
Wixom Lake
Kent Lake
Hardy Pond

Thought about adding a Lake up north in (Burt-Mullet maybe)

If you got a opinion let me know. want to have good lakes from all over the state.
Also if there is some interest and people want to see this tour Im hoping to find some director help.

Can we also get this post moved to the other bass tournament section please.

Ranger482v

Waterfoul

Quote from: Ranger482v on December 05, 2013, 05:53:47 PM
Quote from: Crankinsmallies on December 04, 2013, 07:04:43 AM
You lost me at NBAA.   ;D
Yep worst payout in this area

I always here "But at the end of the year you get to fish for a boat or 4 Wheeler or other great prizes."

Yeah, usually on a lake I've never even seen and could never afford to pre-fish.  Never been an NBAA fan.  If all you want to do is fish a few tournaments every summer then maybe it makes sense to some people, but there are enough other clubs out there that pay way better that I've never felt the need or want to fish NBAA.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

TheFishinPollock

I like the idea, but the lakes need to spread out over all of michigan, not just in the  mid to southern half. To make it fair for everyone. Specially the yooper guys.  I would suggest one on each side of the state , one in the north, one in the south and a mistery lake for the final.  I would say  personaly,  one by me . Elk /skeg/torch or burt mullet for the north lake,  probably st clare for the east side,  Muskegon or manistee lake for the west side,   the south lake I wouldnt know what to pick personaly, and  the mistery lake with only 1 day of practice.

Our NBAA group is a awsome  division. Not more than 10 boats, but we all get along and the director pays his fair share for every tournment.  No freebies for him.    He also takes some of the money from each event and saves it for our final  event that is voted on by all members of the club. That way the payout for the final event is a nice chunk of change.  And we get  jsut 1 day of practice for the  final event with  a off limits for the day prior to the event.
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

acummins

Burt-Mullet (North)
Coldwater Lake Chain (South)
Grand River (West)
Kent Lake (East)
Hardy Pond (Central ish)

update schedule

Frank

what dates  are you thinking.   how much to the end of the year?   can we skip some, because I won't do Kent unless I have to.   can it only pay two or three places?   when with thirty boats,  you don't need to pay ten spots

acummins

dates
06-07 Burt Mullet
06-21 Coldwater Chain
07-12 Grand River
08-02 Hardy Pond
08-30 Kent Lake/Lake St. Clair

End of Year Pay out
if we get a min of 20 boats per event and at 90% payback %10 in pot you are looking at
1 $570
2 $280
3 $150

or if we go with 70% pay back 30% in pot it will be
1 $1,720
2 $830
3 $450

That would be with out sponsorship help.
for 30 boats if we did 20% of field paid back only top 6 would be paid. and depending on what ratio we go with 1st would range from $1,080-$840 with 6th being $220-$170

And you dont have to fish them all. All lakes are not final.
This is all a idea right now. want to get every ones opinion to see witch way i should go with this.