Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 08:23:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Looking for help

Started by red68prostreet, November 12, 2013, 08:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red68prostreet

Ok I'm looking for help on modifying a bait. The bait is called a Steel Shad. It's a blade bait similar to a Silver Buddy but a bit larger and more versatile. We use it on Kentucky Lake all the time and it flat out catches fish. It's not real popular up here and while I have caught fish with it here in Mich I have not caught a lot. I think one of the problems is it does not represent our type of baitfish which is why I want to modify it.

I can't post a picture but if you go to www.steelshad.com you can see what it looks like. It only comes in 5 colors. Silver, Gold, Fire Tiger, Red & Trout. The base color of the bait is a silver plating. To change colors they use decals on each side of the bait.

The help I am looking for is who can make me decals? I would like to have decals made that represent a Bluegill and Perch or maybe a Crawfish ( although the Red may satisfy that ). I was thinking maybe a sign shop may be able to make some. If I can provide and example they could probably copy it onto their computer screen. I assume they could then transfer a picture of a Bluegill or Perch Red Eye Shad onto the example and print the decal.

Have I answered my own question and could it be that simple or am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated. If any other colors come to mind let me know. This bait is really something else and it can be tweaked with pliers to make it run different patterns.

Thanks for the help.
     Mark

Schoolycustom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1iVn33inyE

Pretty neat and it would work perfect for what you are talking about if you are willing to experiment a bit. Never done it but it looks somewhat straight forward