Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 02:02:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Burt/Mullet

Started by Firefighter Jeff, October 04, 2013, 10:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firefighter Jeff

Heading to Indian River sometime Monday the 7th thru Saturday morning. Anyone else gonna be up there???  Say Hey if you see a tall, fat, old guy fishing from this boat.  :)

djkimmel

FYI - your boat seems to have floated away...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

TheFishinPollock

Not just his boat floated away..... ;D
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

robhj

I'll be up there with 3 other guys. We'll probably be the only ones you see chucking enormous baits for big fall muskies, but will definitely be going after the smallies as well. I don't even have a pic of my boat but it's a tan & black Smokercraft and the other boat is a blue Lund. We'll be up there Sat-Mon.

Rob

djkimmel

I'd be interested to hear how the muskie fishing goes too?? The pike seem more numerous the last fall trip I made. I have seen a number of muskie though I haven't really targeted them on purpose on that chain.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Dan

A guy came in to Cabelas yesterday and claimed that he caught well over 20 lbs. on Burt and Mullet recently on an A-Rig. First time I've heard someone say they caught them on a rig good in Michigan.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Jmeis

Saw u today. Be there tomorrow again fiirst tag buys  beer??  only live  a few  miles from there.

Triton TX 21 Bass Master Classic 225 OPTI
It costs extra to be STUPID!

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: Jmeis on October 07, 2013, 09:54:05 PM
Saw u today. Be there tomorrow again fiirst tag buys  beer??  only live  a few  miles from there.

[/quote

You saw me on Monday??????  I wasn't on the water.  It was a travel day.  Crappy weather at that.  lol

djkimmel

I keep saying all fishermen look alike... "look... there goes... someone." :D

rustydog

I think I saw you most every day. I was the old guy sitting around the fire when you went out. Drank a lot of coffee and a few beers. Only luck I had was breaking a gps and motor alarms on a day with just a little wind.

djkimmel

That's not the Mullett Lake report I want to hear? You know where the bass are. Hope you caught a few.

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: rustydog on October 12, 2013, 08:05:12 AM
I think I saw you most every day. I was the old guy sitting around the fire when you went out. Drank a lot of coffee and a few beers. Only luck I had was breaking a gps and motor alarms on a day with just a little wind.

Really ???  Geesh I guess any time I see a fisherman I need to ask if they frequent Great Lakes Bass !!!!! (Smiling at Dan) You the one I talked to Tuesday morning or was that your friend.  He said he was getting ready to go home.
   So sorry to hear about your problems. Fishing was slow for sure but the weather was spectacular.   I see a pattern though.  I take my wife two years ago and this year and way above normal temps and beautiful weather.  Took Tim Cook last year and COLD, RAIN, Wind and Lake Effect sleet !!!  :)  hope to post a report and pics later.

djkimmel

That's nice of the weather to go easy on your wife... :)

There are GreatLakesBass.com members and regulars all over the place. I sometimes see decals driving down the road. I get reports. I run into people... well, I never know where the next place will be. THANK YOU!! And good fishing!