Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:35:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

DK Open Location

Started by McCarter, January 20, 2006, 03:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Lake would you like to see the 2nd Annual DK Open held in 2006?

Lake Ovid
Kent Lake
Cass Lake
Wixom Lake
Union Lake
Belleville Lake
Lake Fenton
Half Moon Chain
Portage Chain
Lobdell lake
Lake Orion
Lakeville Lake
Whitmore Lake
Sanford Lake

McCarter

Ok, here is the poll. ?You can vote 3 times. ?I dont know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but i figure it would give people a chance to pick 3 lakes that would be interested in.

Please do not vote for the same lake more than once.  I dont know if that is even possible, but just in case. ?You dont have to use all 3 votes i dont think. ?

This poll is just for fun, to see who wants to fish where. ?This is not a serious vote to pick the location of the 2006 DK open. ?That decision will ultimatly be up to Lt Dan Kimmel.

Choose or Lose 8)

PoorBoy himself :-\'

dartag

o.k. kent and cass have 2 votes let's call it now...

Cheetam

hmmm...can anyone guess which lakes I picked?
Jeff

Revtro

Someone mentioned Sanford Lake in the other post.  Never been there, but maybe we should add it to the list?
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

Seems like a fair request Rev - ok PoorBoy?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

No matter where this tournament ends up being held......there is one thing that is for sure.? It will be

FUN!!!!!? FUN!!!!!? FUN!!!!!
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Savage

Can't beat Wixom that time of year.....
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

dhuff

Wow the race is heating up.  It is nice to see Lobdell getting some votes.  That is an awesome chain of lakes.

Skulley

It has been a couple of years since I have been on Lobdell.  I plan on visiting there this spring.  Of course I will have to fish a couple of tourneys there too.  I know it fishes pretty good year round.  I have always done well there at night too.  A real good night lake.  Red and black spinnerbaits at night are good.  Pulsator with red and black painted blades with a red and black skirt in 3/8 or 1/2 ounce.  I have only fished maybe 2 or 3 tournaments there in the daytime.  I have fished about a dozen or more tournaments there at night.  Good night lake.

BD     ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

fiker

Never had much luck on Lobdell either.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

djkimmel

That July trip I made to Lobdell last year fishing all night was a blast. Really whomped 'em all night - just no GIANTS that time, but lots of keepers. No topwater - just the spinnerbait was hot. Besides, topwater would probably just scare me half to death at night like it used to when I was younger.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Bulletproof

Sanford or Wixom gets my vote. 

I think Lobdell has a ton of stuff to fish but everytime I fish there its an absolute zoo.

I will have to try the night bit there.
I am haunted by waters.

dartag

if i ever buy a new boat i am going to talk to the fish in Lobdell..  with all the tournements they have all summer those fish get to ride in every boat...  there must be 2 tournys a week there...

Savage

Wix-om!?

Wix-om!?

Wix-om!
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

Hooksetter

Wixom would be good. I've only been there a couple of times but had fun and caught some decent fish. I saw the BIGGEST largemouth I've ever seen there but couldn't get it to hit anything.
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Savage

Next time try the lure that is 100% guarenteed to catch them............

:o? ? ? ? ? :o? ? ? ? ? ?:o? ? ? ? ? ?:o? ? ? ? ? DY-NO-MITE!!! ? ? ? ?:o? ? ? ? ?:o? ? ? ? ?:o? ? ? ? ?:o
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

Wixom is the only lake where I've ever been sure a large bass was taunting me...

McCarter

I like Wixom, but those fish are way too smart for me.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

djkimmel

I feel that same way sometimes on that lake...