Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 12:36:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Lansing Center Fishing Show this week UPDATED

Started by djkimmel, March 06, 2007, 01:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Hope to see a bunch of you there - Thursday through Sunday.

I have seminars scheduled with Wayne Carpenter so far on Thursday at 7 PM and Friday at 1 PM on smallmouth insider knowledge.

Canadian Last Cull star Bob Mann will be there on with Wayne at 6 PM Saturday.

Dave Misaras will be with Wayne on Sunday at 10:30 AM.

I'll be there most of the show at The Bass Federation on Michigan booth or Wayne's booth or maybe wandering around looking for volunteers and members!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

BASS FISHERMAN

i be goin thar to the show  ;) ;) ;)
it well be inturresting to see if you no who i am whens i cume to see ya at the Lanswing show  :D :D :D
yous think yous well no or maybe not  ??? ??? ???
times well tell fur sure bout this  :D :D :D
i be thar!!i be thar!!  :D :D :D

:-* :-* :-* RANGERS BOAT RULE  :-* :-* :-*
i juss moves neer Belding on M-44 in Michigan USA
an verrie proud of it

fowlmouth

Dan, how do we get there? I have to work in Owosso on friday, may have to take a "long" lunch.

fiker

Dan, are you going to have decals for sale up there?  Maybe in Wayne's booth? 

I'll be at the Xtreme booth on Friday all day.  I'll be wearing my GLB shirt, and a gold hook pin (dyed red?) on my hat. 

Hope to see you all there.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

djkimmel

I'll have decals in Wayne's Xtreme Bass Tackle booth.

For directions/map: http://www.showspan.com/lcs/map.html

From Owosso (my old high school days) Take M-52 south to 69 west to 127 south to the 496 west Downtown exit and continue on 496 to the Cedar / Larch & Pennsylvania exits. Follow the Cedar / Larch signs and exit right onto Larch Street (north). Follow Larch to Shiawassee. Turn left on Shiawassee (go one block) to Cedar. Turn left on Cedar, then turn right (just after Lansing City Market) onto Museum Drive. Follow signs for Lansing Center parking beneath the building.

The Lansing Center is on the corner of Michigan Ave and Cedar St next to one of my old time favorite fishing holes - the Grand River.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: BASS FISHERMAN on March 06, 2007, 01:44:22 PM
i be goin thar to the show  ;) ;) ;)
it well be inturresting to see if you no who i am whens i cume to see ya at the Lanswing show  :D :D :D
yous think yous well no or maybe not  ??? ??? ???
times well tell fur sure bout this  :D :D :D
i be thar!!i be thar!!  :D :D :D

I'll just look for a guy who sounds a little like a pirate, looks like your avatar picture ;D ;D  :P wearing a Ranger jacket and/or hat. Should stick out pretty good!

djkimmel

Here's a pdf version (you need Adobe Reader to open) of the Xtreme Bass Tackle/Combat Fishing show brochure for the Lansing show. Be patient - it is almost 900,000 bytes.

Dan

Am I reading the coupon right? If I place an electronic order I get 50% off the entire order?
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

josh617

hey dan, you may want to get wayne a new picture of yourself cuz that one on the flyer is a little old school. ;D ;D ;D

VinceR

I'll be there early, Saturday afternoon. Hey Dan, tell Wayne to be sure to bring some more of those 3/4 oz. Gamakatsu jig heads.

djkimmel

Quote from: Dan on March 08, 2007, 10:17:42 AM
Am I reading the coupon right? If I place an electronic order I get 50% off the entire order?

Dan - that coupon is for downloads from Electronic Guide Service only - www.electronicguideservice.com - the Lake St. Clair section only also.

djkimmel

Quote from: VinceR on March 08, 2007, 01:02:23 PM
I'll be there early, Saturday afternoon. Hey Dan, tell Wayne to be sure to bring some more of those 3/4 oz. Gamakatsu jig heads.

I'll see what I can do Vince!

djkimmel

Quote from: josh617 on March 08, 2007, 11:36:59 AM
hey dan, you may want to get wayne a new picture of yourself cuz that one on the flyer is a little old school. ;D ;D ;D

Yeah - that was a while ago. I keep forgetting to get him something else to use. He does ask every once in a while... ;D I'm behind in my quality photo department ;D Should know better. Thanks for keeping me on the right path Josh.

Ryan

I will be at your seminar tomorrow Dan and I look forward to hearing you reveal all of your secret Grand River hotspots!!  ;)

-Ryan

fishon1219

I will be there all day Saturday and all day Sunday working in the Wonderland Marina Booth. If any of you come out to the show make sure to stop by and say hello.
I will be the fat guy in the Wonderland Marine tournamnet shirt with a hat on. That really narrows it down dosent it?? :D

Seriously stop in the booth and just ask for kevin. I would lkie to meet some of you guys.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

BASS FISHERMAN

i was wondurin ifin anna of yous see TODD DRYSEE annamure  ??? ???
i go thar to wondurland boats sales to buy me new boat butt thay say TODD leeve thar  >:( >:( >:(
out the door i go  :D :D :D
i go down thar to Mure Boats in INDIANA an i ordurs me a new RANGERS BOAT!!RANGERS BOAT RULE you no  :D :D :D
juss wondurin bout TODD is all  ??? ??? ???
i buy me old RANGERS BOAT frum him mannie loong yeers agao  ;) ;) ;)
was goin to buys a new boats frum him but he gone from thar  ??? ???

i juss moves neer Belding on M-44 in Michigan USA
an verrie proud of it

fowlmouth

I went to the show Friday, had to put the blinders on as I ran the ""gauntlet" of outfitters trying to send me somewhere(I'm a sucker for that stuff). I had my 6 year old son Hunter with me, Dan and Wayne Carpenter kept him entertained through a whole seminar, no small feat!
Unfortunately Twiggy the water-skiing squirrrel kept us from seeing Wayne's next seminar.We drooled over some new boats and I found a REVO hs at one of the booths.
Quote from: josh617 on March 08, 2007, 11:36:59 AM
Wayne has a couple newer pictures of you in his presentation, I just think he's havin' fun with you.

djkimmel

Quote from: fishon1219 on March 09, 2007, 07:14:37 AM
I will be there all day Saturday and all day Sunday working in the Wonderland Marina Booth. If any of you come out to the show make sure to stop by and say hello.
I will be the fat guy in the Wonderland Marine tournamnet shirt with a hat on. That really narrows it down dosent it?? :D

Seriously stop in the booth and just ask for kevin. I would lkie to meet some of you guys.

Didn't you just describe the entire Wonderland team??? ;D :D

djkimmel

Todd Dreysse is the northern rep for Champion Boats now. He was at the show with another marina.

I think Wayne likes that picture of me with the big downtown Lansing smallie (caught about 200 yards from the seminar room we were in) even though it was caught on my old river killer - Bomber 6A dark green crayfish crankbait.

djkimmel

The show is over. It was a little less attended than I hoped. I know I didn't see a lot of anglers I normally see here... sometimes the only time of year I see some of the 'oldtimers.'

We had as much fun as we could. I want to thank Jim Sprague and Jack Horning from NBAA for letting me come to their director's meeting and talk about the VHS virus and conservation. I do appreciate the opportunity to share and update.

Also, NBAA was instrumental in getting Wayne some time on the bass tank (well, there were only two bass in it, but a smattering of other fish) for a new idea he came up with late Saturday. He recruited me for comic relief on top of the tub while he emceed the new "You're a Bass Angler" 'game show' for the Lansing fishing show audience.

Wayne selected one child at a time from the bass tub stands to pick a technique, lure and fishing speed from large cards with several choices on each card.

My job was to rig up the bait and use the technique each child chose in the tub to see if we could get a 'bite' from one of the various fish species. If we got a bite or good attempt from a fish, the child won their choice of a lure pack from Xtreme Bass Tackle. If we didn't get a bite, the child still got a fabulous prize from the NBAA booths... so everyone was a winner...

except maybe me ;D I could not figure out, even though I kept saying, "don't pick dead-stickin', don't pick dead-stickin'," about half the kids picked dead-slow or dead-stickin!!! I think they were planted in an effort to have me drift off asleep due to boredom and lack of patience, by which I would fall into the bass tub in front of a whole bunch of people!!!

And you know what the best offer I got for 'walking the plank' to get out snags and risking falling in otherwise due to too much dead stikin'??

Applause - all the kids (and some of the adults) said they would give me applause if I took a big swim!!!

While we were entertaining the kiddies with some made-to-order fishing and possible swan dives, we also snuck in some advice and tips for the 'big' kids in the audience to help them get more out of their fishing too. It was a whole lot of fun for us and hopefully everyone else too.

See you in a few days in GR!