Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:01:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Ebay Auction for sponsors

Started by blakstr1, January 20, 2006, 06:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blakstr1

(I guess this post can go here..)

I saw this on LSCN and had to share it with you guys...? and since I'm here in Saginaw too, its especially interesting.?

go to www.Ebay.com and look at ebay auction? ?Item number: 5657677081

He's selling advertising spots on his bassboat to the highest bidders.? I saw this once before on ebay too, the guys before never got a bid, so far this one hasn't either.?

Anybody recognize the boat??

LSCN has a direct link to the auction but I couldn't get it to work...

Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Revtro

It's a decent idea I guess, but I wouldn't exect any takers.? Especially at $400 to start.? Give the guy credit for trying though.? Anyone know who this is??

I'm not looking for sponsers, but if I was, I wonder if the best approach would be to talk to some local businesses you already have some relationship with.? For instance, I'm at the local hardware store so much that the people there all know me at this point.? I have a relationship with them and I suspect if I was looking for sponsers I might be able to talk them into a little something.? Same goes for a small printing company I use locally.? I have no experience with sponsorship, so these are only thoughts.? I could be way off base.? But I give the guy credit for giving it a try.? You never know.? I saw something similar with a guy who was selling pixels on a web domain that he owned.? I never thought in a million years he'd sell any, but he did.? Go figure.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Bulletproof

I know.  He's a Tri-City guy.  Really cant give out his name though.
I am haunted by waters.

MBell

Who would sponsor someone who doesn't reveal their name?  Seems to be an essential part fo the sponsorship game.
-Matt

blakstr1

Thats my thinking, they would need to know his name so they can do a little checking on him..at least i would.  Otherwise whats to say he just has a nice bought but doesn't really fish as much as he says...or heck he could've found that picture on the internet somewhere.  I don't knock him for trying and maybe its a good idea, but I think he needs to rethink his approach.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Savage

If you ask me, the guy is missing the boat (no pun intended :D) with this.  He didn't give his name, list any other sponsors, show pics of what a wrapped boat looks like, show a pic of himself, give a list of big events he will fish, list his tournament wins.....  nothing.  Why would I pick this guy?

You have to market yourself to the point that someone would be crazy not to sponsor you! 8)  He does have a great idea, just might need a bit of polish on the delivery.  Plus, he's driving a Ranger, who wants to be affiliated with that??? ;)
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

I'm not necessarily aiming this at anyone in particular - just in general and based on my limited experiences getting sponsorship.

There is so much information on the Internet alone for free, that only time and effort stands between being a knowledgeable tournament angler seeking sponsorship.

Heck, the first thing to do is find out what the guys who are successful at it are doing. That is not hard either.

It's okay to come up with something new and try it, but an intelligent and targeted approach that shows you understand the business world enough to be worth a 2nd look is about the only way you will ever get a 2nd look.

These sponsor people get buried in stuff they will never do more than glance at. A gimmick will pay off once in a blue moon for someone, but that is way more luck than concentrated and targeted hard work.

It really helps if you know or are related to someone in a position to make it easy for you. Short of that, it requires education, hard work, and dedication and goals.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Bulletproof

I'll definitely agree about the name thing and most of the other points mentioned.  It's not my place to divulge his name, I'll let him do that if he chooses.  I believe his intention with that was to test the waters?  Probably didn't put much time into it and wanted to get something out there to see what if any reaction he would get.  I guess thats all I have on this.
I am haunted by waters.

djkimmel

I do NOT want to be calling anyone out. There is no need for it. Good luck is all I'll say, and we will probably all learn a few things generically from this anyway.

Life is constant learning (fishing is included in there).

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dhuff

That is true, if no one knows his name then why should he be sponsored?

djkimmel

That's up to him or her. I just don't think we need to know the name if it is just to make him or her feel bad about what he/she is trying to test.

It's hard enough already to try new things without being poked at. Let's just see what happens. Maybe it will surprise us. You never know for sure.

Cheetam

I don't think he'll have any problem getting a sponsor off eBay.  If there is a market out there for potato chips that look like Elvis and half-eaten PB&J sandwiches from the Olsen twins then there must be a market for a nameless, faceless, bass tournament fisherman hocking ad space on his Ranger...
Jeff

djkimmel

I know I almost wish I had thought of the advertising tatoo on the forhead idea...

Skulley

Ebay....huh!!!? I have bought and sold a lot of stuff on Ebay, but never sponsor space on my boat.? I got sponsors using a system that I learned from a friend of mine down in Dunedin Florida.? I first learned about it on Ebay.? That is where I first bought his book "How to Get Sponsored for Tournaments".? He has a website.? He is also a sponsor of mine.? www.fishforfree.com? This is the system I used.? I have the books available if anyone is interested.? It worked for me and can work for anyone else.? This system has helped me get enough sponsors to pay for all my NBAA Tournaments with my daughter and the Tuesday Night Tournaments on Belleville Lake as well as other assorted opens that I pick and choose to fish.? You can read my testimonial on his web page.? Worth every penny.  Book paid for itself after landing my first sponsor. 

BD     ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

I've looked at that site a couple times. Just haven't looked into it further. I did not see your testimonial. Really helps to have the straight scoop from someone I actually know. Interesting.

I used to get the Professional Angler newsletter until it folded and found it very informative. I keep meaning to sign up for Tim Tucker's too. Just keep finding other things to do with the money.

I wouldn't want to shortchange the fishforfree guy on his sales, but if I get a chance, I'd like to glance at those books to see if I think I should get it. I see he advertised on fishingpixels too.

Skulley

Dan, I will trade you a book for a War Eagle Spinnerbait in your favorite most productive bass fishing color.  How about that for a deal.  Read down the web page further and you will see it.  I just looked to make sure it was still there and it is. 

BD    ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

That sounds like a pretty good deal. I haven't wore them all out... yet...

Roy Randolph

Any one notice the pictures have changed on this auction?

Now a different boat looks a lot older and smaller as well as some other pictures

One I'm not sure should be there at all

Good idea but I think the new pictures are going to hurt him

P.S.

Scott Rauber (Fish For Free) is a supporter of mine and I got the chance to read his books a while back and I most say even I learned a few things and I?ve been banging on sponsors doors for years as a tournament director.

A lot of it is common since stuff but who has that now a days? It makes for good reading and has templates and check lists to help you get started

The biggest thing is that it comes at the whole idea from a different direction then most of us think we need to do.

All in All a must for the angler that is just getting starting in the sponsorship game and a good refresher for the experienced angler.
Help a handicapped angler live his dream!

blakstr1

Just looked at the auction again per Roy's suggestion...his boat got downgraded a ton!!? maybe he did just find the first picture on the internet?? I shouldn't make assumptions, I guess.  He also located himself in Sanford..and low and behold he put a picture of himself up too...

too bad the bass-n-babe picture was clear and his picture was a bit blurrier? ;D

Good luck with your venture...
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

djkimmel

Maybe he should check into the FishforFree books?