Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:49:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Pour yer own?

Started by fowlmouth, March 04, 2007, 05:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinninbug

We use Del Mart too and haven't had any problems.

Dan,  if you want to see some of the ones Terry and I pour let us know.  We used our own all last year,  did really good on them too.

We need to get some more plastic but if you want to see how to pour we can get together.

Joshimoto taught us too!! :D
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

fowlmouth

Okay, Joshimoto whens the seminar?

Genie

Seriously though - if anyone wants to put on a seminar, I'd like to attend!!

This sounds like a great winter project to get involved in.

-Genie
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

joshimoto son

Okay,
My house it is.
Let's pick a weekend and go for it.

I might put some of you to work though. I need to find some fine salt without having to pay shipping on it.

I got another table in the barn and a pile of wood.

This would be fun! Ask McCarter... I walk around with a bamboo whippin stick and whack you in the hand if you're not doing it right.

Then once you're a MASTER, again reffer to McCarter, we strap the stik molds to the sides of an old outboard motor and heat them up, where you must pick it up with your fore arms and walk 10 feet before letting it down... forever leaving the mark of a true "COWLING MONK" ::)

All seriousness, let's do it.

Nothing better than watching all you guys talk about all the fish you're going to catch on them before you even get em poured.

I do have to get some more supplies in before we do it, I might have to ask for a little donation to help out with the cost. I'm not selling them, I just can't provide all of it for free.

Let's hear some dates.

joshimoto son ;D

fowlmouth

Where do you live & is popcorn salt fine enough?

Langer

Let me know when and where, and I will try to make it. I'll bring some beer.
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

MBell

Not the type of thing you should do in the house, definitely an outside thing.  I have a stove hood in my gargage that vents outside and it still stinks it up for at least a day.  You can remelt plastics, but they don't make the best baits.  Scented baits like powerbait will burn, so you can't remelt them.  Yammamotos don't remelt real well either.  I use popcorn salt, can always throw it in the blender if you need it finer. 
-Matt 

OUTLAW

I found a lee production pot is the only way to go I have yet to burn the plastic with it. when I was useing a hot pad I would burn every other batch. The heat dispecer is a must also. I use a spice grinder to make the salt realy fine.

As fsr as making your own mold it is easy, glue the bait you want to make to the bottom of a pan and pour some plaster of paris over it, let sit, pull baits out, put mold in mic for 3 min on defrost 3 times, twek mold with dremel tool, spray with clear coat or clear nail polish( this gives the bait a shiny finish, I alwat coat the mold with mega stike before i pour it makes the baits come out of the mold better.

Genie

Josh,
I'm in for the seminar and I'll bring my $10, $15, $20 ... whatever it takes.  First Saturday after the Grand Rapids show is March 24.  This weekend is Lansing and next weekend is Grand Rapids.

Can I bring a video camera or would that disclose too much information or public nuisance?  Maybe just certain segments can be recorded and Dan can post them in a tutorial section or something.  Heck, I can even put them on my site if need be.

Maybe I will even add a "notes/journal" section to The Angler's Genie.  Then, for anyone who makes there own baits, they could store color recipe's, notes, mold numbers, etc....

This should be fun!!  Maybe I'll bring Genie's for everyone ...  ;)

-Genie
Grand Rapids, MI

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

McCarter

Quote from: BigGameHunter on March 06, 2007, 10:15:59 PM
Let me know when and where, and I will try to make it. I'll bring some beer.

Im in!  Nothing goes better with a beer buzz than a plastic fume buzz.  I wouldnt suggest the video camera for one reason.  You get a group of guys in a pole barn with beer and plastic fumes and strange things happen.  Like the time Joshimoto came back from the house in his mothers dress and his fathers boots with his dogs chew toy in his mouth.  Or the time Cheetam stuck two senkos in his nose and danced around the barn shouting ' I am the great Senkolio, i need Senkos for my nose holes!  Are you threatening me?"  It was crazy to say the least.

Josh, perhaps now that i bear the mark of the 'Cowling Monk'  i can use the bamboo cane this time???

McCarter himself :-\'

Genie

Maybe I'll bungee cord the camera to the table so it only views the table ... for educational purposes only.
Grand Rapids, MI

bshaner

I for one would prefer to see the aforementioned antics of the boys.  Purely for educational purposes.  For the last time, Josh, I am not sharing the chew toy with you.  Quit asking.  8)

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

joshimoto son

Wow!
Lots to reply too...

I like popcorn salt, there are some who would say different. But so far, it has worked the best for me.

Yeah, I don't pour in the house either, the pole barn is all set up.

Video cameras are fine, I just won't be responsible for it with all the ugly mugs walking around.

Yes, Brian, you may use the whippin stick.

Lee Production pot huh? Jason, you're the first person that I've heard of that actually likes using them. Lots of them for sale on the net with "very low use". I make all my molds with resin, I tried P.O.P. and did not like it as much. I like the sent idea, I spray my bags down with a little garlic Bang before I put the worms in.

This sounds like a lot of fun, right now, we can set it for March 24th.

I'm located in southern Jackson.

Let me know if I left anything out.

joshimoto son ;D

McCarter

So, B Dubs first??? or Joshimotos instead of B dubs????  Decisions, decisions. 

On one hand, Rev promised me a free beer.  Grandpa M always said "Never pass up a free drink"

On the other hand, Joshimoto promised me i could use the bamboo whoopin stick on the insubordanents.

Im torn, torn like an old sweater.

McCarter himself :-\'

P.S.  We're gonna need a serious car pool.

Langer

I cant make the 24th, but dont change plans because of me.....
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

BryanP

The Lurecraft molds are made of silicone material, and they make custom molds as well.  From what I understand, their plastic formula is one of the best there is, and they supply a number of the big brand name companies with their plastic. 

Their "medium" formula is most common.  A lot of people think the extra soft is the way to go, but it's almost too soft.

As for their mold selection, a lot of what they sell has been in the Lurecraft catalog long before Poor Boy's Baits purchased the company.  Poor Boy's and Lurecraft are still separate companies as far as I understand.  But I guess if I was them, I wouldn't sell the molds for the Poor Boy's Baits either ;D

thomas

Quote from: OUTLAW on March 04, 2007, 11:26:04 PM
NO NO NO don't use del mart they are terible to deal with. I use lure craft they are great any time I have a question they are willing to help. If you want some info email me your number and I can help I started last year. I made over $20,000 on a bait that I make. The best part no one has them and no one can get them.

They are not the best to deal with, but if you don't mind waiting, they do make the best molds I've ever seen.

thomas
Jos.24:15 ....;but as for me and my house,we will serve the Lord."

Genie

Joshimoto - can you pm me/us with address, directions, etc.?
Grand Rapids, MI

Cheetam

Quote from: Genie on March 09, 2007, 09:03:50 AM
Joshimoto - can you pm me/us with address, directions, etc.?

Drive out into the sticks of Jackson...make a right, then a left.  When you hear the banjo, you're real close.  :D

Hey Josh, Will your mom be serving the brisket or the pizza?
Jeff

bshaner

You missed a left at the Old Red barn somewhere in those directions.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844