Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:12:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2014 BFL schedule...

Started by motocross269, September 17, 2013, 03:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motocross269

Came out today....No up North Tournament in the spring.....
Hopefully things slow down so I can get out and fish a few....

http://www.flwoutdoors.com/bassfishing/bfl/schedule/2014/

dartag

3 at Harley and 2 at Elizabeth Park.  Maybe that will help there numbers.  Does not say where the regional is.  I saw turnout was light at the super event last week.

Waterfoul

Sure would be nice if they tried some new water... maybe on the OTHER SIDE OF THE STATE!!!  We have a LOT of great water over here.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mojo

Quote from: Waterfoul on September 17, 2013, 07:37:22 PM
Sure would be nice if they tried some new water... maybe on the OTHER SIDE OF THE STATE!!!  We have a LOT of great water over here.

I know.... If you look at the illini, Hoosier and Ohio schedules, I bet you'd pull a lot of guys from there - did you see those lakes ???? Anyway:

If you could choose the 5 spots - What lakes would they choose ? Any twice?
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

rudycard72

Its all numbers based, the northern and west side events just dont get the numbers the st clair and det river do, alot of the people that fished the michigan division in 2013 are from the ohio division.  I love the tournaments up north and am very dissapointed they arent having one next year.

motocross269

Quote from: rudycard72 on September 17, 2013, 11:06:10 PM
Its all numbers based, the northern and west side events just dont get the numbers the st clair and det river do, alot of the people that fished the michigan division in 2013 are from the ohio division.  I love the tournaments up north and am very dissapointed they arent having one next year.

I always thought Burt and Mullet was one of the better turnouts...

Looks like the TBF championship will probably be on LSC...

Team houston

The Regional is on Kentucky Lake out of Kentucky Dam. Oct 16-18

spinnerbation

I wouldn't mind seeing Burt-Mullet as the Sept Super Tourney! Had a blast there this May, but it would be nice to fish the lake at a time where Bed Fishing isn't the dominant factor. These lakes have a great Fall Fishing reputation, would be nice to see what it can do later in the year.

Mojo

Quote from: spinnerbation on November 18, 2013, 09:37:59 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Burt-Mullet as the Sept Super Tourney! Had a blast there this May, but it would be nice to fish the lake at a time where Bed Fishing isn't the dominant factor. These lakes have a great Fall Fishing reputation, would be nice to see what it can do later in the year.

Good post.
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

spinnerbation

Would be nice to see some more diversity for sure. As much as I love fishing the big lakes and rivers, I would really like to see some events in the schedule where green fish are a factor also.

We have this issue with a couple tours in Ont as well. It's the same lakes year in year out because that's what gets anglers to show up. The argument is that if you book the events at the popular venues more teams will show up. I don't think this is true personally.

The perenial guys will show up regardless. And if there's cherry pickers who fish St Clair only, you can't tell me that those entries won't be made up by local sticks in other areas who cherry pick on their own lakes also. So in theory the number of entries shouldn't really change much if at all.

I feel like if anything numbers would go up because smaller inland lakes open the door for guys with smaller rigs to come out who would normally avoid big water events simply because they don't have the rigs to be safe much less compete.

This trend is showing it's colors up here. The smaller inland lakes are averaging 80-120 boats per event, where as the big water events are struggling to get 40-50 half the time. I think the BFL's could see a similar trend if they branched out a little more. As great as the rivers and big lakes are, they're not the only game in town.