Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 11:57:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Bass Pro Zoo!

Started by fowlmouth, March 03, 2007, 12:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fowlmouth

Just got back from Bass Pro preview and that place was a zoo! You couldn't walk down the bass aisles, seems it was only bass fisherman there. I tried on the inflatable they had on sale, I felt like Chris Farley doin' the "fat man in a little coat" I hope they're not all that small. The TBF table was cool, and I saw NBAA was there, too. I think i drank too much coffee on the way home 'cause now I'm wired, either that or it's just the thought that fishing is getting that much closer.

Dan

Couldn't you east siders talk about how bad the crime is or something over there once in a while so us west siders wouldn't always have to read how great it was on St. Clair or Erie and how much fun it was at Bass Pro. We are stuck here in the snow with no where to go....Got to get my beads out and pray they open that Cabellas in NW Grand Rapids. :)
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

Hey - you got D & R Sports Center!!!

You want to hear crime?? Some days we only catch a dozen or so hard-fighting smallies out there... It's not always wine and roses ;D

Could be worse. You could live in Lansing and be halfway to everywhere without being real close to anywhere.

fowlmouth - any particularly interesting specials over there?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fowlmouth

Gulp is 4.50 a bag, Zoom horney toads I think I paid $3? I picked up a couple of the Extreme rods for $60, after going through my problems with St. Croix last year I'm gonna try a couple BPS rods, I like the OTC exchange idea.

fowlmouth

Hey dan, don't forget you've got the sunsets over there, if we wanna see the sun on the water we have to pay money and get in a tourney to be up that early.

Cheetam

Were all the pointers cleaned out yet?  I was thinking about heading out that way this afternoon.  I remember going the first Sunday of the Classic last year and they were pretty much cleaned out...
Jeff

fowlmouth

I couldn't tell ya, I don't remember if they had a deal on them or not.

Cheetam

Quote from: fowlmouth on March 03, 2007, 09:04:37 AM

Yup, 2 for $22...
Jeff

dartag

Quote from: jcheetam on March 03, 2007, 09:34:18 AM
Quote from: fowlmouth on March 03, 2007, 09:04:37 AM

Yup, 2 for $22...

them Kent lake pike will be licking there chops waiting for them.  i was going to go today,  but the Merc oil i use is not on sale until next sunday.  since that is all i need i am waiting..  maybe a bag of Senkos

225XS4Garza200PXL

Any idea what days the company reps will be there?
Jose Garza

Guide and Tournament Angler - Book a Trip Today!!
www.josegarzafishing.com

Stratos Boats - The Performance Company
www.stratosboats.com

Wonderland Marine West
www.wonderlandmarinewest.com

Provider Tackle - Pro's Choose It, We Supply It!
www.providertackle.com

Nemesis Baits - Hand Poured Goodness in Every Bag!
www.nemesisbaits.com

Mizmo Bait Co.
www.mizmo.com

bosshawg

i bet it is a zoo there - call "cabin fever" binge. sorta glad i was there last week.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

motocross269

I went to BPS this morning..Said HI to Dennis at the TBF Booth.
BPD still seemed to have a pretty good stock of everything..They had plenty of help on the floor..It was a Zoo though.  Some guy in line in front of me Spent 1500 dollars and it was mostly lures..It took about 30 minutes to check out...The economy must not be that bad for some.

MBell

Quote from: jcheetam on March 03, 2007, 09:00:07 AM
Were all the pointers cleaned out yet?  I was thinking about heading out that way this afternoon.  I remember going the first Sunday of the Classic last year and they were pretty much cleaned out...
I went friday and cleaned them out of a few colors.  They really didn't have that many, most were the down deep ones ore 65's or 128's.  I was looking for 78's and was dissapointed, I only got 6, I wanted 20. 
-Matt

Cheetam

Quote from: MBell on March 03, 2007, 05:20:35 PM
Quote from: jcheetam on March 03, 2007, 09:00:07 AM
I went friday and cleaned them out of a few colors.  They really didn't have that many, most were the down deep ones ore 65's or 128's.  I was looking for 78's and was dissapointed, I only got 6, I wanted 20. 
-Matt
What colors did they have Matt?  I was looking for some chartreuse shad, albino and ghost shad 78's and 100's.
Jeff

MBell

I went back out their, not as many people I actulally got to look around.  They only had ghost minnow in 100, and 128.  Didn't see any chartruse shad, they did have shell white and mat pumkin.  Most of the colors are mixed around so there were a few scattered in different colors.  I bought all the american shad 78's I could find.  I also got a rain check on what they were sold out of.
-Matt

fowlmouth

That's one of the nice things about BPS, alot of stores won't give rainchecks on sale items.

Nitro882

Hey motocross,I'm the one that spent the 1500.00 dollars, and let me tell ya, I was like a kid in a candy store. Guys at work knew I was going so they decided they wanted some fishfinders and pro qualifier rain suits and some sunglasses, I did get alot of lures though, the merc oil that is suppose to be on sale on Sunday is actually on sale now.  Its the quicksilver like it shows in the magazine clip. I thought it was the wrong picture but I guess Mercury makes quicksilver. I saw alot of things on sale. I like the XPS flourocarbon that is on sale, and I also like those extreme rods for 60.00. I picked up three of them, for the price you're not going to get a better rod, with having 60 millions of modules strains,it makes the rod very sensitive. The XPS, and rapala DT's and X-raps are on sale too. dollar off. The xps lures have come along way in a couple of years. I picked the the xps sammy version, i hoping it has the same action the real sammy has. With the lucky crafts being so expensive and for how many times i've had pike take my jerkbaits, I difinitely can't get thoughs pointers, with the x-raps and the Yozuri's out there i'll just stick to them. I went though that whole store,and if anyone wants more info, just ask. :)

Skulley

I went the preview sale on Friday Night and was able to get all the items I wanted.  Plenty of baits in plenty of colors.  Lots of specials.  Spent a lot but saved a lot too.

BD                     ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

blakstr1

I'm heading down there this Friday evening and all day Saturday, repping for Fish Hedz (and stocking up of course)  ;D  so if anybody is thinking about a new Fish Hedz mask look me up and I'll show you all about 'em.  ;)

Lots to do at the store this weekend...come check it out!
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Revtro

Can't say enough about the FishHedz mask.  I am so glad I got turned on to them.  I wear mine all the time and am now a true believer.  Everyone should own one!!!  In my case 2.  ;D  See Blake this weekend for sure and you won't be sorry...especially in the cold or rain. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]