Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:52:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Drop Shot Classic CASS Lake Saturday, Sept. 14

Started by dartag, July 16, 2013, 12:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

dartag

How does this sound.

Meet around 7:00 at the west launch and get everyone In a boat.   Start fishing at 7:30.  If anyone has questions about drop shotting.  I am sure we can get them answered.
Come in at 11:00 for a weigh in and eat lunch.  To make it faster everyone bring their own lunch.
Head back out around 12:00 and fish until 3:00.  Have another weigh in and cook out if you want.

5.00 entry fee.  Payout to be  1.00 for total weight per session.  1.00 for big bass per session.  1.00 for total weight of both sessions.  

Conventional drop shot rigs only.  No drop shotting frogs, Alabama rigs or crankbaits.

If we do this I want it to be for fun and bragging rights.  I don't want to make it " Complicated "..

Manxfishing

Ok
I'm in as a boater

Hopefully will have some good weather
And I'll leave the frogs at home

YpsiBass

I'm in as non-boater.

TimH

Just an FYI, I already have a tournament going out of the west launch at Kent on Saturday, September 14th.  It's the Lines Out for Liberty Bass Tournament Fundraiser for the Veteran Support Program, Camp Liberty.  I have registration going from 6:00 - 6:45 and blast off at 7:00AM.  The weigh in starts at 3:00.  I am expecting between 15 and 30 boats.  
If the park is good with it, and you guys are good with it, I have no issue with both events going on, but I just wanted to make you aware of this.

dartag

Didn't know you had an event that day.     I may try and find a different lake.  We won't have a lot of boats but the way Kent fishes it will be crowded.

So guys

Wolverine Lake

White Lake

Cass Lake

Any ideas.

bob o

i'm in, boater i hope

Mojo

Since fishing DS only on LSC would be like cactus hunting in the desert, I have a wrinkle to a DS only TX on LSC:

;D specify a different depth each hour for a 6 hr TX. Honor the rules and keep the payout low so its a fun event:

< 9 fow        8-9 am
10-12 fow     9-10 am
13-15 fow    10-11 am
16-19 fow    11-12 pm
>20 fow       12-1 pm
ANY depth   1-2 pm

This would really make you work at DS, AND you'd learn alot more than you think.....  

Stay thirsty my friends....
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

bob o

i think cass lake has bbq pits, tables, shelters etc.

dartag

Cass is sounding better all the time.   Big lake lots of parking and like Bob said bbg pits.   Plus Mojo can walk / crawl home from there.

bob o

or we could just start a party at his house

Quote from: dartag on July 17, 2013, 03:08:11 PM
  Plus Mojo can walk / crawl home from there.

dartag

Notice new title at the top.     Cass it is.    Maybe the surface minnow bite will be on.   If you have never seen this on Cass it will amaze you.

bob o

can you call and see if we can get in early? maybe a few washingtons would help  ;D

Manxfishing

Ok,
I like Cass for DS
Close to home and the SM are suckers for the DS

I've never seen the surface minnow bite
But I've seen the largest bait ball on any inland lake there
Had to be 20-30' long, 10-15' wide and 5-10' deep

Frank

if paying to launch is ok, I could probably get us a private launch at a marina.   I'm in,  boater.  I love Cass but I'm not great at ds.   who would drop shot a frog?   oh yeah, I fish that tournament too.   I've already got my a rig drop shot ready to go.   and my drop shot weights are made out of kustom  kicker jigs with double flook trailers.

Frank

on a side note,  at least for Mojo and I,  if we win any money it will cover gas.

dartag

" I've never seen the surface minnow bite "

Watch for the sea gulls feeding.   There will be bass under them chasing the minnows to the surface.  Sometimes you will be in 90 feet of water catching fish on the surface.   You wait to see them explode on the bait.  Cast a drop shot right to the boil and start reeling.  The weight hangs down and the bait swims along just under surface.  sometimes it lasts all day out there.  Experience it one time and you will be hooked.   

Mojo

is this a two day thing ? two weekd thing ? When it starts, hopefully, someone will bark on GLB nd we can check it out

dartag

goes on for quite a while.  Starts mid sept and I have caught them that way during the last chance tourny in Oct.  Just have to get out there and spend some days learning it.  Remember  " Watch  for the gulls ".   They will tell you where the bait / fish are.   

Mojo

Hollada

How does a non boater get in to this?  Do I need to find a boater or is there a non boater sign up or??
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

YpsiBass

Hopefully I'm counting correctly...

Boaters:  bob o, dartag, frank
Non-boaters: ypsibass, mojo, Hollada

I can't tell if manxfishing is bringing a boat or not...