Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:34:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

topwater rod???

Started by korean_bassmaster, June 30, 2013, 05:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

korean_bassmaster

hey guys im looking for a new topwater rod since i broke my old one this past weekend?  im looking for a casting rod under $150. my old one was a cheap one from walmart i think it was a berkley cherrywood for $20. so anything is an improvement. thanks kb

mikesmiph

Grandt C10. $157 less your discount for being a GLB member. Unconditional lifetime warranty. Best on the market

6 lb Smallmouth

Topwater is the rod I think least about. 

Usually use my 783 IMX or 6'6" M Avid for walk-the-dog baits.  I like a 6'6" for better casting accuracy.  For frogs and fishing around heavier cover I obviously use something heavier.  7'6 MH Croix Bass Tournament  Rod for frogs.  I'll use a 7' MH or H for buzzbaits.

Formerly known as JerkBate

Nothing beats Great Lakes Smallmouth!

YpsiBass

Got Fish??

It depends on the size bait and action of  your lure. Everyone has   a different  feel and touch Just like picking a drop shot rod or a tub rod. What ever performs best in your hands. Is what works best for you. Type of line also comes in  to play, when choosing a rod. Number of guides, species of fish etc.etc.etc.

FOB

Ditto on what YpsiBass said on Powell Rods.  I have completely switched over for several years now and like their full line up and price.
Ralph Blasey
Wonderland Marine West  734-417-5550

djkimmel

Quote from: korean_bassmaster on June 30, 2013, 05:36:24 PM
hey guys im looking for a new topwater rod since i broke my old one this past weekend?  im looking for a casting rod under $150. my old one was a cheap one from walmart i think it was a berkley cherrywood for $20. so anything is an improvement. thanks kb

What type of topwater do you do most? Frogs? Poppers? Spooks/walkers? Buzzbaits? I use somewhat different rods - about 3 or 4 different ones for the variety of topwater available, and depending on if I'm on big water or small water.

If you want an all around topwater rod that can do it well, the Grandt C10 can do that, plus it makes an excellent bigwater spinnerbait rod at 7 feet. It also can be used with bigger crankbaits and for jigs/creature baits.

For lighter topwater fishing more often I'd look at the C09. I have both and use them a lot for different things from topwater to cranking to spinnerbaits and jigs/rigged soft plastics.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

korean_bassmaster

Mostly poppers and spooks!

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

I like a short handle rod casting rod. That way the butt end isn't always hitting the inside of your forearm like a long handle would. A slower stiffer tip is preferred as the walking action is easier to achieve. I like my rod also to be 6 to 6 and a half feet in length. I use the same rod for spinner baiting in most cases.

BD.              ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com