Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:24:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

new impeller. work great at first now wont discharge

Started by justinhahn88, May 23, 2013, 09:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinhahn88

Hello,

I am new to this site and relitivley new to bass fishing (second season with a boat). First I want to thank everyone for all the shared knowledge.

Now to the issue I am having. Last October I had my water pump replaced and everything was fine. I took it out a few times this year and all was well. I went out a few days ago and was not getting any discharge from the top hole. I am assuming I have a clog somewhere. I hooked it up to muffs to try to clear out the blockage and I am now getting a little bit of discharge but not nearly as much as ussual. I checked the hose running from the motor to pee hole but it was clear of any debris.  My boat is a 2001 tracker 175 with a 40 HP mercury. Is there way I could unclog it or is there anything else that could be wrong? I would prefer not to pull lower unit if possible seen as I have never worked on a boat motor, but really want to be able to use my boat this weekend.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Crankinsmallies

Sounds like you have dirt or sand stuck in the pee hole on the motor.  Use a piece of thin wire to unclog the hole.  You will need to run the motor as you are doing this to build up pressure to remove the problem.  run the wire thru the pee hole until the water starts coming out. If this doesn't work it maybe a bad impeller.  hope this works.

justinhahn88

I did make sure the hose that runs from the motor to the pee hole was clear of blockage.  I did get a small amount of sand out but not enough that would cause a problem. But thanks for the recommendation!

PineLk 49

Welcome!!!
If you have a small stream of water thats a good start. Once in a while my motor will do that from running it to shallow and sucking up to much crap. Put your boat in and run it in reverse goosing the throttle to bring up the rpms.

Works most of the time for me. Even do it when livewell plugs up.

Good Luck
Dave

Waterfoul

Like crankinsmallies said, pull the shot pee hose off the motor and put a piece of wire in the hole in the MOTOR while it is running.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

BIGSHOW

If you got a small amount of sand that would tell me there may be more

justinhahn88

Quote from: BIGSHOW on May 23, 2013, 03:42:53 PM

That's what I figured but I am new to this whole owning a boat thing so I wanted to ask before I accidentally messed up something worse. But the blockage is cleared and my weekend is salvaged!! Thanks for all the help!

Good fishing to all!

BIGSHOW

Good deal! Just carry some wire or something that will fit in the hole. Just in case

motocross269

Could also be a thermostat issue..Without a pressure guage it is hard to tell....

djkimmel

Quote from: justinhahn88 on May 23, 2013, 06:23:50 PM
Quote from: BIGSHOW on May 23, 2013, 03:42:53 PM

That's what I figured but I am new to this whole owning a boat thing so I wanted to ask before I accidentally messed up something worse. But the blockage is cleared and my weekend is salvaged!! Thanks for all the help!

Good fishing to all!

What ended up being your fix?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

justinhahn88

I ended up using an air compressor. I put my muffs on let it run and gently shot air into the elbow that goes from the motor to the pee tube. It broke up little by little then finally blew everything out. Thanks for the help everyone!

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.