Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:06:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

works: I didn't feel like going out fishing with them...on the water.

Started by WillCFish, May 17, 2013, 05:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillCFish

Do you have problems with boaters drinking?
I wasn't interested in going fishing with him out there.
Got her fixed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKHd11xXSbE

djkimmel

In Michigan, the same laws apply to driving a boat under the influence as driving a car.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

WillCFish

Waterfoul

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

I missed it too. Don't think I ever tried to watch it. It might accidentally set to private or some other limiting setting where it can't be embedded outside of Youtube.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

I never drink alcoholic beverages when I take the boat out.  Since I'm piloting the boat, it behooves me to act responsibly.  Don't drink and drive a car and don't drink and drive a boat.  I'm out there to fish, not drink.  I don't even like my co-angler to drink unless it's my bride who is my co and she might have one or two beers.  Over the last few years she does that less because alcohol on a hot sunny day will run you down physically.  You're better off hydrating.  Alcohol will dehydrate you.  Better to be safe.

BD                                 ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Frank

I believe that I am very good at fishing, and I KNOW that I'm very good at drinking.  I don't do both at the same time though.  I'm just too busy fishing.  I know if I miss a cast, I'll miss a fish.

motocross269

It's not that I mind having a couple of beers on the water but I know when I get back on shore I have to drive my truck home....So I don't drink when I fish if I am trailering my boat.... Now up north when I am at the cabin I will have a few beers in the cooler but I stay out of the throttle and never have more than 2-3.....My wife and I will alot of times actually have Wine and Beer with our lunch.....

Cops could fill their quota of drunk driving arrests sitting out on the road by the ramps of LSC on a busy weekend in about 2 minutes.....I have sat and watched as guys staggered to their cars right at Harley Ensign a couple of hundred yards from the Sherrifs office..but don't make a wake in your bass boat..They will nail you..... >:(...Ask me how I know... :).

djkimmel

Nahhhh... I won't ask. I've been yelled at over the loudspeaker a couple times there even though I was about to be plowed over from behind at the times by some big tuna boat captain who thinks it's funny that they can go faster and get away with it...

They do write tickets occasionally and even make arrests for boaters under the influence. Again, same laws apply to driving your boat as driving your road vehicle.

Mike S.

I bring a couple of beers with me when I cruise on the pontoon boat. I have had a few beers on the bass boat, but it's really not my favorite thing to do. I know I'm being watched on that, especially when screaming across the lake. The fact of having 3 children and a bunch of bills keeps me from drinking too much. I'd rather spend 10 grand on something cool than on lawyer fees and court costs.

BIGSHOW

Only at the cabin I might take a few in the evening and if the fishing is good I may come home with two.

WillCFish

Didn't know the video wasn't working. I got it fixed.
Glad you guys wait till you're off the water to drink.