Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:31:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

SECORD LAKE

Started by bosshawg, January 17, 2007, 07:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bosshawg

have a club tournament mid-july on. by all accounts probably worst time to be on lake. fished many years ago in first club i was in. didn't know much then, but any early help worth the e-mailing to me will be much appreciated.

thanks
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

Ryan

I have fished Secord a couple of times each summer for the past few years, usually the last week in July or the first week of August.  Secord is tough because there are so many docks and so much good looking water that doesn't seem to hold many fish, atleast for me :-\'.  The most productive techinique for me has been skipping Senkos or Yum Dingers way up underneath pontoon boats and has yielded largemouths up to 4lbs, but even that pattern has been pretty hit and miss.  The smaller cuts right off either of the main rivers have served me best.  Also, I have never fished the lake on the weekend during the summer, I always hit it midweek.  With so many jetskis and ski boats on a relatively narrow river system, I can imagine that that place turns into a zoo on the weekends.

Good Luck!

-Ryan

Potter

That lake will be a wild ride on a summer weekend!  Mudlines and pontoon traffic my friend!  I fish Secord 10-12 times per year.  I will send you some info.

Potter

djkimmel

Make sure and give us a report. I've only fished it a few times in October and it is TOAD largemouth lake at that time. Very fun!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bosshawg

report i shall.
found a old bassmaster mag. article on from a few years back. they also say its a fall lake to fish for the bigger un's.

Michigan Bass Busters

Skulley

I have that old "Destinations for Bass" article about Secord Lake from a couple of years ago.  It said that when October rolls around that lake is at its best.  I have never fished it, but someday I am going to make a trip up there in the fall to check it out for myself.

BD         ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bosshawg

secret lure i heard back when was the k&e worm (see other post on) - purple/white stripes(?). wonderin' if still works.

Michigan Bass Busters

djkimmel

In the fall, I caught the toads on white spinnerbaits and swimming white jig and pigs!!!! Talkin' 16 to 20+ limits a few times.

I fished two federation classics in a row up there just before that. Was new to the lake and just figuring them out - still managed several 4's and a big bass 5.61 the 2nd time. I caught a 4 the first year off the exact same log on the exact same lure I caught the 5 the following year.

I really like that log.

In the summer... well, I hear the lake has a lot of DOCKS!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bosshawg

care to share? as probably be another blue moon before i get back there again. and not a threat to anyone.

Michigan Bass Busters

chase5004

If Secord and Smallwood are one in the same, you might just as well stay home, that lake is Horrible with a capital H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My one fish in our club tourny (last year, 2006) came on a j and p. I will stay home and try to catch grass pike in my yard before I go back to that place and try to catch a bass.

Pat

Potter

Smallwood is the lake between Secord and Wixom. 

Potter

Hooksetter

Fished Secord last year in a club tourny. Lots of fish caught. I am looking forward to fishing it this year.
Be prepared for heavy boat traffic. If you are going to fish the main lake try to do so early. Once the party starts out there the main lake points are hard to fish.

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

djkimmel

I have found that lakes with heavy summer boat time traffic can be really good dock lakes later in the day.

The thing I really like about Secord is all the laydowns farther up the east and main channel arms. I do not know how they are in the summer months, but they sure are fun to fish. And in the fall... wow!