Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:59:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Seaguar Invizx

Started by huston, March 04, 2013, 08:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

huston

I'm respooling a few spinning reels with this line. Any pros or cons?

Waterfoul

I use it for leader at times.  Tried it on a spinning reel and found it just a little bit stiffer than other lines like Trilene 100% or P-line.  I do have it on a crankbait rod and have had good luck with it in that application.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

bsimpson

Between the Invizx and Abrazx, that is all I use (both spinning and casting) and I love it.

Cy

I used Invizx all last year on both spinning and casting.  I was happy with it and will use it again this year.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

6 lb Smallmouth

Quote from: huston on March 04, 2013, 08:39:20 AM

Don't fill it up.  FC likes to spring off the spool. 
Formerly known as JerkBate

Nothing beats Great Lakes Smallmouth!

YpsiBass

I tried invizx last year for drop shotting and couldn't be happier.  Never felt like a fish was going to break off and it did outstanding on LSC smallies.

Team houston

Manxfishing

Quote from: JerkBate on March 04, 2013, 11:11:52 AM
Quote from: huston on March 04, 2013, 08:39:20 AM

Don't fill it up.  FC likes to spring off the spool. 

He's trying to tell you. Only spool up 3/4 of the spool
And he's right

Seagurs makes some great FC. No problems here

Victor Cerabone

Invisx is great.  I buy a large spool every seasons.  The only downside is cost!

SethV

Fill the spool about half full, makes the line easier to manage.

I switched to Invizix 3 years ago.  0 break offs in competition since.

Waterfoul

A half full spool will not cast nearly as far as a full/nearly full spool.  I fill mine to within 1/8" of the edge with little to no issue when I find the need to run floro on a spinning rod.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

6 lb Smallmouth

Quote from: Waterfoul on March 04, 2013, 09:10:46 PM
A half full spool will not cast nearly as far as a full/nearly full spool.  I fill mine to within 1/8" of the edge with little to no issue when I find the need to run floro on a spinning rod.

I only put about 60 yards on after backing.  I never have a problem with distance but I am throwing bulky tubes, shakey head, or wacky senkos which are easy to fling around. 
Formerly known as JerkBate

Nothing beats Great Lakes Smallmouth!

BIGSHOW

Invizx is great on spining and baitcasting. I just had issues with knots. I went back to a clinch knot or double clinch. Not sure what its called, it just worked better than the palomar that I was useing

fishhound

There is something about that palomar knot with seaguar. I had the same issue with it on invisx. I switched to a san diego jam and stopped having hookset break offs. That being said I just about dont trust any other line than seaguar for flouro.

djkimmel

Close but no seaguar for me. Weird about that Palomar knot??

Could just simply be not enough lubrication? All fluorocarbon is more dense so it builds up heat very fast. And heat will cause broken knots, line breaks on hook sets and heartbreak when you least want it for the tournament angler.

I do want to try the shark knot and San Diego knot. Keep forgetting to practice tying them so I'm ready for lake testing.

I have to practice and get better at the 'tv fishing' too like SethV so I don't have to always cast out! Then I could fill my spools half way and just catch my bass right under the both like SethV does!! Saves money. Saves time. Win - win! :D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.