Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:27:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Smallmouth vs. Largemouth POLL

Started by blakstr1, January 16, 2006, 02:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which do you prefer to fish for in Michigan SM or LM?  

Smallmouth
16 (55.2%)
Largemouth
5 (17.2%)
No Preference
8 (27.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

blakstr1

Please vote to which fish you prefer to target in Michigan...Smalljaws or Bucketmouths??

THE GREAT DEBATE!  or maybe not that much of a mystery....

Thanks for your participation!
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Dan

Shouldn't be much of a poll. Sure is tough to beat the tug of a smallmouth!
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Savage

We all love the aggressive bronzebacks, no doubt about that.  pound for pound the gamest that swims.  If I had to say what I target in tournaments, though, it would have been largies.  Easier to find, more reliable.  Tougher on the beds, though.
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

Revtro

That's not actually that easy of a question for me.? I like CATCHING smallies better.? They're the best fight.? But I like FISHING for largemouths on a nice calm inland lake.? I find it a bit more relaxing.? So can I say Both?
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

blakstr1

Good point -Revtro- per the Poll subject I did indicate FISH for...that's what I was after, I know we all love how the fight in the smallies, but just dragging tubes around kind of gets old...i like to mix it up in the "junk" parts of the lake after them 'ol bucketmouths...  but I guess all in all i'd say both too...Michigan is a pretty fortunate state!
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Savage

It's always nice to find a lake where you can catch both, and have an equal chance on any given cast.  Wixom and Sanford seem to be that way, I'll get a largie on one cast, and then pull a nice smallie off the next peice of cover.  I have a nice little lake like that up north that I keep under wraps, up in Jmcfarlands neck of the woods.....

It's pretty rare to see a mixed bag of fish in any tournaments that i have been in.
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

wetride

I will take largemouth.  Living in Mason means I have to drive long way to fish.  Smallmouth are in the grand river and duck lake.  So fishing most of the small lakes around here is Largemouth. And with gas hitting 3.00 I may be fishing ponds.

dhuff

We are very very fortunate for the fishing we have here in this state.  Not just the fishing but the places we have to fish for them.  Just about anywhere you live you have good fishing withing  a short distance not every state can say that.  For me I don't mind what I am fishing for one of the two.  I love to do both.  I love getting out getting those big smallies.  But I also love the challenge of getting the largies from the inland lakes.  To some it may not be fun to fish for largies on a boat infested inland lake, but to me I love it.  I love the challenge of it.  To me the toughest days are some of the most fun days on the water.  Those are the days that force me to bare down and that is when I learn the most.  All in all anyday I am on the water no matter what I am fishing for it is a great day. 

Hooksetter

I like fishing for both but am partial to smallies. There is nothing like a 4 lb. smallie crashing your topwater!
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Jmcfarland

I like fishing for largies better. I like throwing lures at cover and targets. For me its small back coves and backwaters. I guess i like to stay out of the wind.

Potter

I will say largemouth also.  I love to fish for either smallies or largemouth, but I prefer target oriented fish.  I really like fishing in the "junk" when I can.