Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 12:35:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Brand of Boat POLL

Started by blakstr1, January 16, 2006, 02:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What brand of boat do you own or prefer?

Ranger
13 (22.8%)
Triton
9 (15.8%)
Champion
6 (10.5%)
Nitro
4 (7%)
Stratos
9 (15.8%)
Basscat
5 (8.8%)
Skeeter
5 (8.8%)
Legend
0 (0%)
Tracker
2 (3.5%)
Lund
1 (1.8%)
Procraft
1 (1.8%)
Gambler
0 (0%)
Other
2 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 56

blakstr1

Please participate in the above poll.? I'm curious to see how many anglers are loyal to what brand.

Thanks for polling..

(Results are calculated using both fingers and toes, and/or any other available appendages.)? :-\'
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

blakstr1

I'm bringing this post forward to let some of the recent members post..i know there are more boat owners on this site...? The poll will remain open until Monday morning 1/30/06.? The leading boat vote getter owners (wow say that 5 times fast) will be notified of what they've won via US mail.? Look for the envelope with Ed McMahon's picture on it!? ::)
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

smbassman

It is absolutely amazing that BassCat is still leading with no dealership support statewide.  The boat and company definitely deserve it, but I can't understand why dealerships are not climbing all over themselves to pick this up this line of boats!!! 

Revtro

From a customer viewpoint, BassCat is a great company with great service and is very easy to deal with.? However, when I spoke with a boat dealer, they told me that the company is extremely difficult to deal with which is why they won't sell them.? I don't really know what that means, maybe it's a profit margin thing or something like that, but that might explain why there aren't more dealers.? But I so believe in the product that if I had the money, I'd gladly be a dealer.?

The eastside could use a bass boat dealer that's in close proximity to St. Clair.? Imagine how much business you could do if you had a service department and a good stock of bass boat accessories and trolling motors/trolling motor repair.? I would think you could get a lot of business from tournament anglers who come to St. Clair and need work on their boats at the last minute.? Anyone want to go in with me on a bass boat biz on Jefferson?? ?;D? I wish.  I'm so broke, I can barely pay attention.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

smbassman

I just mentioned to my wife last might that I should open a BassCat dealership when I received a flyer from Matteson Marine announcing they are the newest Ranger dealer in Michigan.  That makes 4 ranger dealerships that I know of, just in southern Michigan and no BassCats ???

McCarter

I feel your pain, we are so broke, for xmas my girlfriend cut holes in my jean pockets so i would have something to play with when i woke up.

Compass Pointe Marina is right on the friggin water.  We didnt get half the people in there that we expected once we started carrying Triton boats.  And it wasnt for lack of trying.  We did a ton of advertising, held promotional events, talk about it on various local fishing forums.  In the end, the owners were left with a bad taste in there mouths and decided to no longer carry Triton boats.

I really think that if given more time, they would have become one of the top dealers in the area.  People want Tritons, i know because i talk to many people.  But they were not given a fair chance to grow.  There are a few local dealers looking to pick them up, but so far no word on who they are going with.  I talked with Jerry Johnson ( Fiberglass Boat line rep) a bunch at the show.  Hopefully they will work something out soon.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

djkimmel

Revtro - I'm thinking the BassCat dealer issue might just be that they are a low volume business - they don't have the facility to build a lot of units fast. Profit margin is often part of it, but the company can only build so many units and they may not be able to keep up with demand in short windows of increased demand.

Just a guess based on the size of the facility and the number of units they say the put out.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

blakstr1

I've been saying for a while now, how i wished there was a bassboat dealer around the Saginaw/Bay City area, there are quite a few pleasure boat dealers..too bad one of them wouldn't pick something up...but the way things are in Michigan right now..I imagine it will get worse before it gets better...
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Savage

I must be the only Nitro guy on this site.. :'(
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

That can't be?? I guess you'll have to do some 'recruiting!'

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

225XS4Garza200PXL

Eh... anyone wanna by my boat?
Jose Garza

Guide and Tournament Angler - Book a Trip Today!!
www.josegarzafishing.com

Stratos Boats - The Performance Company
www.stratosboats.com

Wonderland Marine West
www.wonderlandmarinewest.com

Provider Tackle - Pro's Choose It, We Supply It!
www.providertackle.com

Nemesis Baits - Hand Poured Goodness in Every Bag!
www.nemesisbaits.com

Mizmo Bait Co.
www.mizmo.com

stackenem

will you take small payments? LOL
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

bshaner

I just bought a Nitro, so you dont have to be the only one, Savage!
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

Hooksetter

For some unknown reason, I can't cast a vote. I run a Stratos 201 Pro Elite. My next boat will be a Stratos also.

Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

djkimmel

Hooksetter - if you are seeing the results when you pull up this thread, it means you already voted (a while ago probably). It won't let you vote again.

Hooksetter

You're right....I didn't notice the date!
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.