Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:34:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

25 and 50 Years

Started by PineLk 49, February 01, 2013, 05:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PineLk 49

My beloved wife and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary and 29th year together. On a down note I have hit the half century mark too, all in the same month.

Gosh a half century sounds old!!

gmetime24

Congrats to you and your wife!!

fiker

Good for you guys, congratulations. 

50 isn't old.  It's on the way, but not there yet. Look at it this way, you've got 15 more bass seasons before you can even qualify for the senior discount on your stickers at the Huron Valley Metro parks. 

Just ignore the welcome letter from AARP.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Lightningboy

Congrats, welcome to the club.  26 & 50 for me.

Of course, the wife has to keep me.  I can reach the stuff on the tall shelf.

Age don't matter, just attitude.  I still have lots of stuff in my life that ends with..."seemed like a good idea at the time"   ;D

djkimmel

Congrats... I think...? At least on part of it for sure!

Those AARP people are relentless and kinda scary...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

PineLk 49

Thank you fellas!!! I am an old school values kind of guy. Dont like change except for this computer stuff. It is starting to become fun.  ;D

Got Fish??

Well great you  made it. 50, you do know that you can do anything  you want now. Your 50, let them tell you you can not do that, your 50.  Let them try to stop you from all this things that make you happy, your 50, When  thay try  to force you. Tell them to bring a bigger hammer, your 50!

bigjc

If you still have dreams of winning a Bassmaster Classic, then 50 is over the hill, otherwise you could potentially have plenty of fishing trips left in ya.

I recently turned 42.  Despite a heart concern a few years ago, and a stroke in 2010, I have lost some weight, changed how I live, and I feel better now than I did at 32! ;D

djkimmel

Good for you! The Classic could be won by an 'old dude' (not thedude, a different dude). Steve Clapper was no spring chicken when he went wire-to-wire on Lake Erie a few years back in the FLW Tour. Of course, he is an exceptional angler but that is one of the talents that help making something like winning a Classic more likely. Us over 50 dudes (and ladies) would just need a longer nap after winning... ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

PineLk 49

Thanks guys for the pep talk. I think I was just having a bad hair day.

Now on to this Elite Series stuff. If GLB sponsored me, I will qualify for the Bass Master Classic next year with every ones help of course and will win it for the General.

Dan, I see opportunity knocking. With the GLB family help, we can make this happen.

My wife is on board with this. Lets take a dream and make it reality. You have 100% of my attention. Really. Just think about it. ;)

I appreciate the comments. Thank You

djkimmel

This is the first year in 3 or 4 that no one has asked if GLBass would wrap their boat... ::)

I just looked at my budget... if everyone kicks in a dollar, GLBass may be able to get you a Marshal spot at one of the less popular 2014 Elite Series locations... but, it gets even better! It would probably be a 3-day, not just a 2-day opportunity!!! Everyone works their way up this way. Really.

Skulley

Quote from: fiker on February 02, 2013, 04:55:27 AM

Just ignore the welcome letter from AARP.

I ignored them until I found out about the discounts. I'm 53 and even though I'm not retired yet, the discounts are huge. The membership pays for itself when you use the discounts. I highly recommend that you join.

BD.                        ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com