Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:14:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Dick's sporting goods

Started by Lightningboy, December 19, 2012, 12:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Thank you for keeping this topic civil. Once again, all of you provide an example of maturity and being able to discuss very sensitive topics like responsible adults. I appreciate that.

One caution, please do not go into too much detail on what you personally own considering the whole world can read these posts and I don't want anyone to increase their risk of attracting attention from the element that trolls the Internet looking for 'opportunity.' I hope it never happens as the result of anything someone posts on GreatLakesBass.com, but it has happened as the result of posts and information shared on other Web sites.

This is about the same advice I try to give people who publicly post contact information such as cell phones, DOBs or  even SSNs (happened once  :o only until I noticed it!). Remember whatever you post on the forum is available to all 7+ billion people in the world. This topic is an area I feel requires a extra caution. Thanks.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Frank

Though I own no "assault rifles", I thought the main reason for the right to bear arms was to protect ourselves from our govt.  I dont think a 12 gauge is going to protect anyone from the weapons our govt has.  I do believe we should be allowed something sufficient enough to at least sort of protect us from our govt

Frank

motocross269

I have been in countries where everyone is packing an AK47 or RPG.... The argument that an individual right to bear arms would keep tyranny in check doesn't wash... A well trained and armed Army will ruin groups of individually armed insurgent's day in about two seconds..Most people can't get their neighbor to agree on the color of the sky let alone become a cohesive fighting force...

Team houston

I think that the point nowadays is not wheather they could last long or fight effectivly. It is that they could at least rise up against a tyrannical corrupt gov. You can do a lot of damage in a guerrilla war as we have seen a lot lately.

motocross269

The Damage would be just enough to pee them off...Not any real tactical damage...More or less like it is now in Afghanistan and Iraq...

A small squad sized unit (3 vehicles) that was attached to the brigade I was with wiped out 40 armed insurgents in a matter of minutes..The insurgents all had Automatic rifles and RPGs...2 members of that squad one being female were awarded the Silver Star...

I have been a part of and worked with some pretty strack units...Just like any other pro they make it look easy...We all know there is more to being a pro than just carrying the tools..
It's hard to beat someone at what they do for a living...
With no real centralized command or control any uprising would be fleeting at best...

That's without even getting the Air Force, Armor, or Air Cav involved and we know the heat they can bring...

Thank god this is just BS material...if you look at the aftermath of some of the battlefields during the Civil war it would be horrible to think about going through something like that with Modern weapons...

I would say a Nationwide labor strike like what we saw in California with the dock workers would do more damage to the Government than any armed uprising...600 dock workers about brought this country to it's knees....

Manxfishing

Let's face it
We are so past ever trying to protect ourselfs from the goverment
Maybe in the time of the civel war. and that would be a big maybe

These days the guns just help to keep the idiots from kicking in front doors

Team houston

I will just make one more point then let this thread die. You are assuming ALL military personel would be on the corupt Gov side. What if 20-30% found the cause just. Or more, just something to think about.