Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 12:18:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Hello everyone,who is interested in a new tournament trail?

Started by quantumman29, December 01, 2012, 01:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quantumman29

Hello everyone,
My name is Mike ( "quantumman"),
I am currently a director of tournaments for USA BASSIN TEAM TOURNAMENT TRAIL,
I recently moved back up to the great north from Florida and I am anxious to get a division of USA BASSIN together for the Detroit River ( Trenton) area,These will be team tournaments and teams qualifying will have the oppurtunity to fish for 1 of 3 fully rigged Nitro Bass Boats at the Usa Bassin Classic held on Kentucky Lake every year,along with an oppurtunity to qualify for the Usa Bassin Classic,all teams will be able to qualify for the Michigan state regionals which will then propel the qualifying teams to Kentucky to fish the Classic.
All qualifying tournaments will cost $50.00 per team,yearly Usa Bassin membership is $25.00 per member,the year begins September 1 and ends August 31, all tournaments have 70% payback and all members can follow their tournament success on Usa Bassins nationwide website,
www.usabassin.com. check out the website to see all that Usa Bassin has to offer,
I will be looking for an assistant director who would also be my fishing partner,anyone interested please email me at: quantumman4u@gmail.com
At this time I would also like to see how many anglers would be interested in becomming part of this new Usa Bassin tournament trail,I will be working on putting the division together in the following months and our first tournament will be in May 2013, there will be 5 qualifying tournaments,all teams earning 250 points or more will qualify for the Michigan regional tournament which will be in September 2013,
all teams fishing a tournament that dont catch fish will recieve 50 points,
1st place is 100 points,2nd is 99 points and down to the last lowest weight.
Usa Bassin is a great way to get your feet wet in professionally run bass tournaments,lets build a great division here in Michigan and hopefully have some of our Michigan anglers win big with Usa Bassin.
Mike

motocross269

Always looking for a new tournament trail...The trick for you will be covincing anglers that your trail is a better opportunity than the dozen or so other trails that run on the DR, Erie, LSC,...

Good luck and keep us updated

Brian

Waterfoul

Start one on the west side and I'm sure it would do well.  Lots of competitive anglers over here.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

fiker

I'm sure you'd do this anyway, but just in case, be sure to check the opening day of Bass season prior to scheduling your May tournament.  In Michigan we have closed seasons during part of the year unlike the southern states.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

quantumman29

by all means I will make sure bass season is open,I ran successful trails in upstate ny for years and the last 8 years while i was transferred to florida with my job I ran trails down there,problem in florida is that theres just too many tournaments going on each weekend and the anglers are only in it for paychecks,and theres a ton of cheating going on down there,I couldnt wait to get back up north where anglers appreciate a quality run tournament trail.
My wife is from Trenton Michigan,we live in Woodhaven now, what is considered the WEST PART of the Detroit River?
I am anxious to get this division running in the Elizabeth Park area and the Huron River area,these will be our 2 primary launching facilities,I am sorry at this time I do not know the exact name of the ramp facilities but I will soon.

I need as much input from members here as to what their preferences are and where the best launch facilities are so we can have optimum use of the facilities and have enjoyable tournaments.

Thank you all,
Mike

Dave B

Sounds great, any chance these tournaments would be on Sundays????

Genie

I think tournament circuits are like belly buttons - everyone's got one ... :)
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

bigjc

I believe by West Side, Waterfowl was referring to West MI, ie: Grand Rapids area.  In any case the challenge here is the same all over MI , that we have less than 20 weeks per year of weekends that we are permitted to keep bass in a livewell.  So that means that every weekend there are dozens of trails competing for a more and more limited number of anglers.  Therefore, in order to attract anglers you have to have something better to offer than everyone else.  I am not terribly firmiliar with USA Bassin, so it is difficult to comment, but how is it different or better than the rest, ie: NBAA, etc.

I ran a Fishers of Men Division here in S.E. MI, for about 5 years or so, and I couldn't grow the trail large enough to make it work.  Good luck and keep us posted.  I live real close to ya, so email me sometime and we can grab a coffee and discuss it.  jcarter@ci.taylor.mi.us

quantumman29

In Florida,I was averaging 12-20 boats per tournament,problem is down there,if the tournament is not on the St. Johns River I lost boats,and finally after not wanting to have every tournament on the St. Johns River I decided to recede my position as director and give my divisions to a couple guys who now exclusively hold ALL tournaments on the St. Johns River,
Dont get me wrong,the St. Johns is an awsome fishery, but when 95% of all tournament entrants grew up on the river and fish the river exclusively it dosent make for a FAIR tournament trail,couple that with numerous reports of serious tournament cheating on the St. Johns River I just didnt have it in me to battle with all the anglers down there,
As of today the division I built and laid the path for respectively attracts 7-12 boats in each of their tournaments and the same 3-4 teams win each and every week,its bush league now and im glad to not be a part of it.

Another thing in Florida,I had over 65 boats qualify for the Florida regional tournament and only 12 boats showed up,it just wasnt worth my effort when teams didnt want to follow Usa Bassin all the way to the classic.
check out all that Usa Bassin has to offer,it really is a great trail:
www.usabassin.com

mike

bigjc

Mike,

Kind of sounds like the experience that I had running FOM.  Many (maybe most) anglers around here don't want to follow a national trail: pay the additional fees, travel long distances to post season events, etc.  I enjoy that part.  I love fishing down south.  So I like to see a MI trail fish its post season somewhere down south.

jcox7

50 dollars a boat??  With 20 boats your prize pool at 100% would be 1000.00 bucks it cost an angler about 200 dollars a day to fish Erie?  200.00 plus the 50.00 means what if I win first prize and it all goes to first place I clear as a team 750.00 not sounding all that great.  I am sure that it is not 100% payback nor does winner take all.  So it is easy to see that it wont work.  Try an inland lake schedule that would be a better decision.  Kent Pontiac, Orion, Lobdell, stuff like that.  or like Mike said go to the west side those guys just like to say they fish so money means not that much LOL =)

Crankinsmallies

Yippie another NBAA moving into the area   :(

You won't see me there.

Waterfoul

After talking to several local anglers yesterday I guess I agree.  Too many $50 tournies around here.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

customfishn

Yeah fishing for boats sucks!  I'm kidding, I can't believe more people don't want more chances at real money I mean boats.  But It would be very tough to start a circuit that doesn't pay more than 100 percent at the ramp.  Lots of the guys like in state little tournaments.