Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:31:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Friday 11-9-12

Started by mikesmiph, November 03, 2012, 02:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikesmiph

Its getting late in the year. Fall is always one of my favorite times to fish. I have the day off. Anyone want to meet up and do some fishing? I'll go just about anywhere in the state. Off work early on Thursday and no responsibilities.

Waterfoul

Dang Mike... wish I didn't have to work.  >:(
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

mikesmiph

fiker

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

mikesmiph

Nobody wants to go fishing? Dang, I thought I knew most of you better than that lol.

djkimmel

Maybe if people see an improving weather forecast? It is Friday and many 'normal' people have to work.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

mikesmiph

OK, getting closer to Friday. Looking at the weather. They are saying sunny and 53. LSC report says 5-10 mph winds. I just watched the blade bait videos. I think I'm set on LSC for some fall fishing. I have an open seat if anyone wants to go.

LAPORTE

Mike, if you can hold out until Sunday Ill bring my boat as well..
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

mikesmiph

Wish I could Don, would love to see you again. I have to work Saturday. Gotta love retail.

markgoetsch

I haven't seeing a good satallite photo in a couple days but when I did the whole lake was mud with mud flowing in from the st. clair river.  If it's still muddy I wouldn't waste your time out there you would be better off going to an inland lake.  Hopefully there will be a good picture today.

mikesmiph

Mark, what site are you getting your sat pics from? I'll double check tomorrow evening to make sure. Thanks for the tip.

djkimmel

One of the many links you can find on the website www.greatlakesbass.com/weather/ where you can find pretty much every link you ever want for the Great Lakes region for marine weather, surface temp, satellite imagery, weather buoys, you name it....

Example: http://www.greatlakesbass.com/weather/#glsat

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

LennyB

It seems as the water temp drops it takes longer for the lake to clear up. I'm gonna bet if the wind stays down, it will be dirty for a week. I live on the Detroit River and it is a glowing chocolate milk color as of today.

mikesmiph

Guess I need a class on Sat interpretation. Not sure what I'm looking at.

Mike S.

I clicked on Mark's link, and all I saw was clouds. Sure wish I could meet up with you Mike, but it's just not possible. I have all of next week off for my wife having her back surgery redone. Send some pics if you get into them somewhere.

markgoetsch

It's all mud go to an inland lake.  That is what the image tells you.

djkimmel

There's a little clearing out from the major channels but most of the lakes is mud as of 6:09pm tonight if you look at the Lake St. Clair part of the large image. Just click on the latest image like this one that will be available for a few days - http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.php?region=e&page=1&template=sub&image=a1.12312.1809.LakeErie.143.250m.jpg

Doesn't mean you can't catch fish but it will make it probably a lot tougher and when the water is this cold, the areas that are less muddy might not be the best places to fish right now. The muddier water can move around a lot depending upon the wind so if you find them on one spot the spot might not be hot hours later or the next day. Tougher to catch smallies in cold water that has recently turned muddy in general. There can be exceptions but you might not want that challenge right now?

Skulley

Did you ever get out yesterday Mike and if so, how did you do?? Do you have an Ontario License by chance Mike?? I've been real busy as of late and saw this post when you first posted it. Didn't get to chime in and by the time I saw it again, which is today, it was already past the time you said you were headed out.

BD.                    ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

mikesmiph

I did pretty decent on Maceday. Didn't chance St Clair. Maybe one day next week. There's still time