Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 12:30:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

True story

Started by Genie, November 12, 2012, 04:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genie

Yes - I wrote GenieLogs.com and I would love for all of you to embrace it and buy a membership so I can feed my starving family and move into a nice little house ... well - I'd like for all of you to get a membership at least!  That's not the point of this post though.

Kidding aside, this is a true story and exactly why I wrote GenieLogs and why I use it.

I was doing some work around the house when a buddy reminded me that whitefish fishing was just around the corner and that we should get fishing.  I tried thinking back to last year as to when we went out - whitefish are only in for a couple of weeks so it kind of matters.  Well, I couldn't quite remember the details from last year or from the last couple of trips either ... I just remembered that it was around this time of year.

So, off to GenieLogs I went to see what I had done in the past because I couldn't remember.  Well, in my logbook entries (which is included in a free membership) I looked up all of my entries from years past and they all varied in dates from 11/7 - 12/1 on the most productive trips.  They all had the water temps averaging at 40 degrees with a note stating that 44 degrees was kind of the starting point.  The best fishing times seemed to be within an hour or 2 of darkness.  The best catches showed 5-10 fish each trip in the 3-5 pound range.

Then, I looked at the notes in more detail and realized I totally forgot the best part.  There is a web cam at Muskegon that overlooks the pier AND my SPOT - literally - my SPOT.  Plus, smart me, I saved the web link.  Well, I clicked to the link to the site and
low and behold the camera pretty much told me everything I was looking for - people were on the pier fishing .... IN MY SPOT even.

Then I remembered that GLBass.com has a weather link that has tons of weather and water information links.  Guess what?  I stored that in GenieLogs too.  Clicked on that link and sure enough, water temp at the Muskegon outer break wall was 43.6.

Well - I'm in ... started getting my gear around that day and even made a little cart to haul all of my stuff out there.  We went that night and had a blast!  Landed 15 or so fish in the 3-5 pound range.  Kept 6 because of foul hooking, etc.  Only fished for about 3 hours.  Got there right at dark and caught the first fish within 5 minutes!

I even took my phone with me and snapped a couple of pictures and used the mobile GenieLogs app to store the pictures some waypoints of my special rock piles and logged this year's logbook entries live right into GenieLogs.  That app is in testing and only on the Android devices for now but will be available for iPhone as well when testing is done.

So, just wanted to share the process and experience with you all.  GenieLogs or not, keeping track of your information is beneficial.  You really don't have to remember everything in your head.  Technology can be simple and helpful. 

GenieLogs rocks!
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!