Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:32:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Paul Ryan

Started by jgip087, October 21, 2012, 09:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

Interesting points of view. A large percentage of 1/3 of my adult life was spent working in the Medicaid health industry.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

I didn't say any of that. Don't help me get in trouble with people. I do a good job all by myself!!!

Seems like I used to fish about 1/3 of my life but lately it has been, sadly, a lot less. I was warned. Wish I slept 1/3 too!

I was in healthcare a pretty good chunk of my life. I worked at one company for 17 years and another for 9 years. It really, really cut into my fishing time. Sleeping time too!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Frank

Mojo prefers obama bass tournament math.  mojo caught 5bass and frank caught one bass, therefore mojo must give frank 2 bass so that everyone is equal.

I know you appreciate that mojo

djkimmel

Oh boy... now we are doing math on here!

Frank

There is a story behind that statement.  I think you got to hear part of it on bushman. Lol

djkimmel

Yes. I did hear some stories there though the wind and the rain blew and chilled a few of them out of me. I did enjoy that day quite a bit despite running out of juice from the workout carrying stuff to and from the lake! It was probably good exercise for me but I needed another peanut butter sandwich to finish well!

People may not have noticed, but I have a weird sense of humor. I sometimes just start chuckling for no apparent reason. It actually freaks some people out...!?! Which makes me chuckle a little more... ;D

bigjc

Quote from: jgip087 on October 21, 2012, 09:03:15 PM
I was reading some articles on Paul Ryan and thought I would share a couple of them.  Ryan is an avid hunter and fisherman.  He supports increased access to public lands for hunting, fishing, and trapping.  Congressman Ryan knows the importance of maintaining lead in our fishing tackle and bullets to ensure that we all can afford to participate in the wonderful outdoor sports God has graced us with!  I really hope every Republican comes out to vote on Election Day in Michigan because if Romney/Ryan win this state, they will win the Presidency/Vice Presidency and protect our hunting and fishing rights.  The next president will probably appoint 1-2 Supreme Court Justices and the last vote on the 2nd Amendment was only 5-4, this is a very important election for all of us! 

http://www.odumagazine.com/fishingnews/2012/09/paul-ryan-shops-at-bass-pro-for-daughters-hunting-gear/

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/features/226606
Well said!!  I was at the Paul Ryan rally at Oakland U. and Paul was looking forward to looking forward to getting into his tree stand once the election is over.  I fear what the current administration might do to the second amendment, if re-elected into a lame duck session.  They will be able to let their true colors show, uninhibited and I don't believe that those colors are Red, White and Blue.

bigjc

The most intelligent and American thing that I heard uttered during all three debates was that Romney repeatedly argued that the Fed. government needs to retract and leave more decisions up to the States.  That my friends is what our beloved constitution promotes. 

At the state level, you and I have a much greater impact!  The feds should stick to National Security and interstate commerce, as the constitution gives it power to regulate, and leave everything else to the States!

I am sick of an arrogant president who thinks he knows better than our brilliant founding fathers!
God bless America and good night!

djkimmel

I would think in any lame duck session it is more likely nothing important will be accomplished or compromise that is extra distasteful to one 'side' or the other is more likely.

One of my early bosses was a politician. He got out some time ago because he said it was getting ugly. I really liked him.

I've always thought we could make government more decent and honorable again if we just decide we want to. Enough of us anyway.

I don't know if society mirrors them? Or they mirror society? Shoot! We all get along on here more often than we don't, don't we?

Dan

An interesting article for those who want an independent look at how the two candidates stand on the economy.

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21565623-america-could-do-better-barack-obama-sadly-mitt-romney-does-not-fit-bill-which-one
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

Bummer... phone was ringing off the hook today! 3 calls in 20 seconds at one point! Now, I'm getting similar stuff in ads on here!!! Yikes. I'll be glad when Tuesday is over so we know what happened and what comes next.

I hope everyone exercises their right to vote Tuesday. It's one of the most important things we have going for us in the great United States of America! I do not get people who don't make the most of it by voting.

Frank

I have so much to say, but....  All I'm going to say is, mojo, you're still a great friend of mine

Mojo

Much love to all out there. Especially those with opposing views. That fact that we can discuss this openly is the foundation of our great country. Ill shake hands with you after any discussion. Cause you guys are like family.

Oh PS: 16 Electoral votes from MI to Obama - Thanks for playing
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

djkimmel

BTW, for Michigan voters, if you want to review your ballot, check out the proposals, find your voting place - check out www.michigan.gov/vote which takes you to the Michigan Secretary of State Voter Information app.

dartag

Today is the day and we can move on.  Make sure your kids, grandkids know what is happening today.  No matter which guy wins there future will be impacted for quite a while.

PineLk 49

I VOTED!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA..... LAND THAT I LOVE

djkimmel

Me too! It took 2 1/2 hours because we had a big turnout in my precinct with a slow computer I guess because they had more than 5 times as many voting booths compared to the usual number. 98% of the voters waited pretty patiently. A couple first time voters did come in, look at the line and leave - that was sad to see - but most people just walked to the end (around several hallway corners) and waited.

Skulley

I do realize it's post-election now and the man who saved the auto industry was victorious, but the fact is that when the auto bailouts happened it created new jobs for people who didn't have jobs. As a matter of fact, one person posting in this thread got a job I know for sure. I can understand why he has that viewpoint and I 100% support that viewpoint. I am an Obama supporter. My union comes strong for candidates that support working families. But one of the  most interesting anomalies out there was that people could tell you why they would not vote for Obama, but of those same people, not one of them could tell you why they voted for Romney. My viewpoint simply is if you're not making over a million a year, why would you vote for Romney???    ???   All I know is that I still have a job to support my family and its because of Barack Obama. He now has a good chance to make some good history in his 2nd term. Stay tuned. I think you all will prosper in the next 4 to 8 years. It's going to be good. But it's also going to take non-partisan cooperation to make it happen. The new Republican controlled Congress is where it will start. It's on them first and foremost.

Hail To The Chief!!

BD.                   ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

dartag

Just hope China does not run out of money to loan us.  Our grandkids will be paying for years.

He did win now we will see what our future brings us.

And in 6 months we can start fishing again. :'( :'(