Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:55:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

BASS TO LICENSE BASSMASTER WEEKEND SERIES TO AMERICAN BASS ANGLERS

Started by Anthony Adams, November 14, 2006, 11:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony Adams

For immediate release
Nov. 14, 2006

BASS TO LICENSE BASSMASTER WEEKEND SERIES TO AMERICAN BASS ANGLERS, INC.

The Bassmaster Weekend Series Operated by American Bass Anglers will continue to send the overall national champion to the CITGO Bassmaster Classic, the world championship of bass fishing. American Bass Anglers also plans to continue the popular one-day tournament structure and operate a schedule similar to the 2006 format. The tournaments will be conducted according to BASS rules and under the organization's highest fish-care standards. The first tournament is scheduled for January 2007.

"American Bass Anglers has successfully operated a tournament trail for weekend anglers for many years," said Jim Downs, BASS senior director of events. "This gives BASS the opportunity to focus on the Elite Series, memberships and publications while serving the weekend angler with BASS-sanctioned events."

While all Bassmaster Weekend Series participants must be members of both BASS and American Bass Anglers, BASS Federation Nation members and BASS Life members will receive priority entry into the tournaments. Additionally, BASS will provide priority entry into the Bassmaster Opens for the top six Bassmaster Weekend Series anglers from the Bassmaster Weekend Series Championship. 

"We are very excited to work with BASS and its staff on this alliance," said Morris Sheehan, president of American Bass Anglers. "The Bassmaster Weekend Series is the perfect addition to American Bass Anglers' current format, and to have a member of the Bassmaster Weekend Series earn the opportunity to compete in the Bassmaster Classic is a great honor. American Bass Anglers and BASS are fully committed to growing the Bassmaster Weekend Series to be the biggest and best national weekend series in the country."

BASS will continue to deliver the news and information on the Bassmaster Weekend Series to members and fans in BASS Times as well as on www.Bassmaster.com. More information can be found at www.AmericanBassAnglers.com.

About American Bass Anglers

American Bass Anglers offers over 1,100 tournaments per year in 41 states that are designed for the weekend angler.  American Bass Anglers commitment is to providing low cost, close to home tournaments for the weekend angler and at the same time offer each an upward path for angler progression.  For more information on American Bass Anglers and the "Bassmasters Weekend Series operated by American Bass Anglers" visit www.americanbassanglers.com or call the weekend angler hotline toll free at 888-203-6222.  American Bass Anglers is headquartered in Athens, Ala.

About BASS

BASS is the worldwide authority on bass fishing, sanctioning more than 20,000 events through the BASS Federation Nation annually.  Guided by its mission to serve all fishing fans, BASS sets the standard for credibility, professionalism, sportsmanship and conservation, as it has for nearly 40 years.

BASS sanctions and stages bass fishing tournaments for every skill level and culminates with the CITGO Bassmaster Classic.  Through its clubs, youth programs, aquatic resource advocacy, magazine publishing and multimedia platforms, BASS offers the industry's widest array of services and support to its nearly 530,000 members.  The organization is headquartered in Celebration, Fla. 

For more information, contact BASS/ESPN Outdoors Communications at (407) 566-2208 or visit www.Bassmaster.com.
Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

Eric

The schedule is out, and it does not include any events in Michigan. >:( >:(  Merry Christmas fisherman.  BASS is gone from Michigan (Series) and the North altogether (Opens).   >:( >:(Pretty tough to swallow the Ranger Owners only  >:( >:(rules for BFL, so..........anyone want to buy a boat? >:( >:(
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

dartag

Skip Johnson

dont want to bag on ABA but gotta wonder if they know michigan exsists( they are whos running it now), theres a half dozen states that have 2 divions and we dont have 1 and we are the great lakes state! I know alot of peaple wont be renewing theyre B.A.S.S. subscriptions this year.
Go Big or Go Home!

Anthony Adams

Guy's don't jump the gun but I have been working on this with teh ABA.

There are a couple road blocks here in Michigan.

Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

bshaner

This reply doesnt apply just to the ABA... however...

I personnally am planning my schedule now for several reasons.  1) I have to plan my vacation time at work.  2) I need to plan the big picture for schedules so that I dont overlap trails. 3) This probably should be #1 but I have to plan around family schedules as well. 4) Preferred entry dates for current trails that are organized enough to have their schedules out in a timely fashion.

I know I cant be the only person.  At this point we are not "jumping the gun"... we are waiting in limbo.  The cliche "... a bird in the hand..." comes to mind.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

Skip Johnson

Quote from: bshaner on November 24, 2006, 02:11:12 PM
This reply doesnt apply just to the ABA... however...

I personnally am planning my schedule now for several reasons.? 1) I have to plan my vacation time at work.? 2) I need to plan the big picture for schedules so that I dont overlap trails. 3) This probably should be #1 but I have to plan around family schedules as well. 4) Preferred entry dates for current trails that are organized enough to have their schedules out in a timely fashion.

I know I cant be the only person.? At this point we are not "jumping the gun"... we are waiting in limbo.? The cliche "... a bird in the hand..." comes to mind.

B
Bingo we have a winner!!!!!!!!!!
Go Big or Go Home!

joshimoto son

I have to be honest with all of you...

Even if BASS did turn around and make a MI division... I don't think I would consider
fishing any of them after all of this.

I bet that I won't be the only one who feels this way.

IMO... it is now a waste of time for BASS to bring anything back to MI.

joshimoto son ;D

dartag

Cheetam

Jeff

Duke

Was that article written by a BFL Director? I thought the article was going to be about the wrong direction the Weekend Series took, not why BFL is better...
Duke

Skip Johnson

I dont know who charles is but he does know the facts on the problems with BASS ESPN and Disney! and now ABA is getting involved and it seems that its only adding more problems, ABA is still trying to figure out theyre own problems and schedules and now they have included BASS in the mess.
I have never liked the payback compared to the FLW and I dont care for sunday tournaments either for too many reasons to even start to list!
All this has realy done for me is make my 2007 schedule much easier to plan and a little bit more open to fish for fun.
The tournaments Im planning on fishing are

The 4 stren northern series
the 5 michigan BFL,s
The TBF
Wonderland open
canadian open
Go Big or Go Home!

McCarter

Quote from: cast n blast on November 28, 2006, 10:48:46 AM

The 4 stren northern series
the 5 michigan BFL,s
The TBF
Wonderland open
canadian open

What about the DK Open???

PB himself :-\'

Skip Johnson

Definitly will make the DK open as long as it does not over lap my other scheduled tourneys, I dont think Dan has set a date for it yet.
Go Big or Go Home!

Eric

Anthony,

What are the roadblocks in Michigan?  Permits?  Others??  Please share.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

McCarter

Anthony was supposed to have, to the best of my knowledge, a phone meeting with the higher ups to discuss the details.  However, his nephew was killed in Iraq over the weekend and Anthony had to postpone the meeting.  He has some family stuff to deal with right now, but he will be on the ball as soon as he can. 

Anthony, i was very sorry to hear about your nephew.  My and Andreas prayers are with you and your family.  If there is anything i can do, give me a call.

PB himself :-\'

jcox7

I second that.. I have lost many of friends in that god foresaken place it reminds me though that I am female doging about fishing tournaments and series and there are many people fighting around the world that would do anything to just get home.

When I was in the gulf war I remember that around christmas we got many care packages of anything from tooth paste to socks underware even bags of cookies that were crumbs when we got them but still great.  Unfortunatly after the holidays it seemed other than our family members and friends we were forgoten I think that we as a group should put togther a package once a month and send it to a diffrent division of soldiers I would be willing to take charge of this if you guys were intrested we could do it in the memory of anthonys nephew and anyone elses friends or family members that have passed..  What do you think??

Anthony Adams

At this time there is no plans for the Bass Series in Michigan in 2007 - this could change but I doubt it... Part of this is my fault .... Bass and the ABA signed a contract and I was notified on short notice to put a schedule together ASAP. At the very same time I was informed my Nephew was killed in Iraq... do to my family loss I was unable to give the ABA the insight they needed to get us on the books for 2007.

I had my nephews funeral this past weekend and I sat down and talked with the ABA about this years Bass schedule on Wednesday for the first time .. There was only a few dates left open where we could reserve the tourney stage and schedule our staff.. I did not see the benefit of the dates we were offered (the first one starting in July) and we feel it is best for this year to not have a Michigan schedule and in 2008 to go at Michigan with full force... Michigan is in the ABA's plans for 2008.

FYI.... BASS had planned to drop Michigan for 2007 before signing with the ABA due to the poor turnouts. They planned to cut back to 20 Divisions max.. The ABA was debating on whether or not to put Michigan on the schedule for 2007 and the issues I had made it impossible. To many things stacked against it for 2007...