Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 04:42:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Bassmaster Elite Series coming to St.Clair!!

Started by rangerfan, August 22, 2012, 08:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rangerfan

They put schedule out today,exactly one year from today they will be on st.Clair..do you think the Van Dam's are salivating?

http://www.greatlakesbass.com/tournaments/index.php/2012/08/22/lake-st-clair-on-2013-elite-series-sched

mikesmiph

Yes, I do. But I think the whole group is too. This is the greatest smallmouth fishery in the world. Will be fantastic to watch on tv and see some familiar spots and how they fish them.

Dan

I've been Marshaling for the last four years and am looking hard at going down to Zapata for the Falcon Lake, TX event. May even get to fish there. Know a friend down that way who fishes Falcon. I could get in to some ten pounder fishing!
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

Maybe we can have a GLB gathering... follow some pros... go to the weigh in... etc????

Which ramp you think?  Metro?  It has the most room for the Expo style event they put on at the BASS Elite tournaments.

Now all we have to do is get all the local tournament organizers to NOT schedule a tournament anywhere else in the state on those dates so we can go to the event and show the world what bass fishing means to Michiganders!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Dan

It would be great to have a huge crowd. I've seen some big ones in the South. I'd like to see a huge showing. I think they'd find a lot of folks here in the north love and follow the sport. Getting those folks to show up would be super. I've had several inquiries already.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

markgoetsch

I'll probably do the marshall thing, it was a pretty good time in la crosse.

Dan

shhh       (It's much too costly and you can't fish.)

djkimmel

The tournament launch site will be the Lake St. Clair Metropark. I expect big crowds. If you want to marshal this event, you might want to consider getting some type of priority membership setup (and don't listen to Dan right now - he might be 'conflicted' for a time... ;D ). I'm already getting calls...

More discussion and 2013 schedule here on the forum - http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?topic=15020.0

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

chrisvmo

I can imagine huge crowds...After all Detroit has the best sports fans in the world. Where will they do the weigh in?

chrisvmo

How is this the first ever Elite series tournament at St. Clair? boggels my mind.

djkimmel

Quote from: chrisvmo on August 22, 2012, 05:33:53 PM
I can imagine huge crowds...After all Detroit has the best sports fans in the world. Where will they do the weigh in?

Not sure about that yet. Probably won't know until next spring. My gut would say in the back bay on the opposite side of the boat ramps but that is just my gut. Could be gas... ;D

djkimmel

Quote from: chrisvmo on August 22, 2012, 05:41:00 PM
How is this the first ever Elite series tournament at St. Clair? boggels my mind.

That is a long story that, thankfully, doesn't really matter right now. Hopefully will matter even less in the future. B.A.S.S. staff says the Lake St. Clair Metropark is one of the premier Elite Series event locations in the country! I like the sound of that!

motocross269

They did a large BASS event or maybe it was a FLW tour event....If memory serves me right it was the first year that I moved to this area...Probably around 2000...They didn't do the weigh in out on the point like the FLW BFL events...the weigh in stage was back by the bathrooms south of the launch...

rangerfan

They had a bassmaster tournament back around that time,dont remember the exact year but Davey Hite won it. There weren't alot of people at the final weigh in, but there was a few. Remember fish fishburne doing the weigh in. KVD finished like 5th or6th.

djkimmel

Quote from: motocross269 on August 22, 2012, 07:50:08 PM
They did a large BASS event or maybe it was a FLW tour event....If memory serves me right it was the first year that I moved to this area...Probably around 2000...They didn't do the weigh in out on the point like the FLW BFL events...the weigh in stage was back by the bathrooms south of the launch...

Some of the events got permission to use a set of docks like they did in that event. That is my gut thinking anyway. I will find out eventually. At some of the past national events, the crowds have been real big. The first time they ever came they said they had some of the biggest crowds they'd ever had for outdoor Bassmaster events back then - 4,000 to 6,000 per day.

It ebbs and flows. I expect this one to flow. Next year could be a real interesting year on St. Clair. I expect to hear more good news because I like good news.

Skulley

Quote from: rangerfan on August 22, 2012, 09:21:23 PM
They had a bassmaster tournament back around that time,dont remember the exact year but Davey Hite won it. There weren't alot of people at the final weigh in, but there was a few. Remember fish fishburne doing the weigh in. KVD finished like 5th or6th.

I don't remember that.  What I do remember is Larry Nixon winning an event here.  Peter T. winning an event here. In the very first B.A.S.S. event on LSC was a BP Top 100 in 1994 when Kim Stricker won.  I will look up the event that Davey Hite won here.  I don't remember that though.  Old age.............. 8)

BD                                   ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

fishon1219

The event that hite one was also a bp top 150. it was held at the end of august in 2001. It also went out of metrobeach metro park.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

Skulley

Quote from: fishon1219 on August 25, 2012, 05:17:33 PM
The event that hite one was also a bp top 150. it was held at the end of august in 2001. It also went out of metrobeach metro park.

Thanks fishon1219. I remember that one now. It was all clouded as shortly after that the events of 911.

BD.                          ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

I don't remember much either sometimes but I do remember a detailed report about how he found these big bass way shallow over between Bassett and the Chematogen somewhere. He also caught some bass from a little spot I used to like a lot in the South Channel.

Seems like Larry Nixon has won 2 major events on St. Clair. Now he might win another though I don't know where he is fishing this time.