Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:26:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

DIRECTIONS

Started by mikballa, August 17, 2012, 12:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikballa

New to st.clair does anyone no what way to go to get to the south canal coming from 9 mile boat launch thanks!!

Got Fish??

The south channel St Clair river? It may be easier to travel up to the north side of Anchor Bay. Then launch at one of those launches. There are a few DNR sites and privet launches, like Decker's Landing. If your not familiar with the lake, it could be a long trip if the lake decides not to cooperate. Get yourself a good lake map.

VinceR

If you are new to St. Clair, I would highly recommend driving to Algonac, and launching there. It's a 38 mile drive (about 45 minutes) to the DNR ramp, there. This is a very good ramp, with a lot of parking. You will be a very short (and much easier, usually) boat ride from the South Channel.

As Got Fish stated, a good map will serve you well.

djkimmel

For an online, zoomable map of Lake St. Clair, check out www.marinecruiser.com or www.tourlakestclair.org/interactive-map.html

If you are going out there new, I recommend you get a NOAA nautical chart or contact Wayne Carpenter at Xtreme Bass Tackle to see if he has any of his fishing maps in stock. Toll free 877-485-2223. He has a nice hybrid of the lake.

None of these are complete on their own for navigation since you have to know the latest lake levels to adjust the contours but they show you where things are in relation to each other.

Want to cut the Lake St. Clair bass fishing learning curve by about 10 years - check out The Complete! Lake St. Clair/St. Clair River Marked Map Series

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

I'm with DK.  Cut 10 years or more off the learning curve by getting those maps.  I wish those were around long ago.  I'd probably be very rich from saving gas buzzing all over LSC looking for fish.  They are a great resource to get started out there and well worth the $$$.

BD                             ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

The full set is expensive now but considering that every time I fish on St. Clair with my truck and boat I spend $80 to over $100 in truck and boat gas, and it used to be $200 or more per day when I fished tournaments, it is pretty easy to justify something that saves a ton of boat gas because it puts you right on lots of good areas and spots that have produced over time. I have said it many, many times - I sure wish every major lake had something like this when I was trying to be a bass pro, spending thousands traveling around the country to new, big lakes.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

mikballa

Thanks guys for your help. You people are great. Not everyone likes to share things about fishing. Revtro and UAWBigDog have helped me out a lot, a big thank you to them. Hope to get know st.clair. God bless all you people!! Thanks mike. Hope to meet some of you guys in person it whould be great..

djkimmel

One way to meet some of the members is to consider fishing one or both of the MadWags Memorial Members bass tournaments. There's one on the East side in May on Lake St. Clair and the fall event is on the West side - the next one coming up on Sunday, September 30 on Lake Skegemog.

These are inexpensive $7 total entry per person for members and family members too. Kids are welcome with their parent(s) or with permission. The events are designed as a hang out, get to know fishing day for members. Small payback and lots of prizes. Check out the Members MadWags Memorial Open Fishing Tournaments section below under Tournaments.