Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:49:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Michigan Olympic Development Program for Soccer

Started by Skulley, August 05, 2012, 08:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skulley

I am proud to announce that my son made the Michigan State Olympic Development Team for soccer in his age group which is done by birth year.  He was born in 2000.  He was one of 30 kids picked out of over 80 kids.  He really worked hard to get there.  He is now on the road to the Regional Team and then hopefully with a lot of hard work and perseverance, the National Team, and maybe in time the U.S. Olympic Soccer Team. 

The tryouts were this weekend August 4 and August 5 at Canton Independence Park.  The tryouts are age group specific and he was one of five kids from his club that are his team mates that made it in that age group.  His club had the most kids that made it.  It was pretty interesting to see the tryout process that they use to pick these kids.  It was very competitive and all the kids were excellent soccer players.  It should be an interesting road to travel and I will keep you all informed as to how he does.

BD                   ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Skulley

The U12 Michigan Olympic Development Program for Soccer had their first trainings on November 17 and 18 at the Eastern Michigan University Soccer/Football Dome.  All 30 players showed up and Coach Gronthik Chatterjee lead the troops in a very tough and challenging practice.  My son played in three different positions, right forward, and then at right and left halfback respectively.  At the halfback positions, he showed the why he should make the first cut coming in January by shutting down two of the top forwards in the age group.  My son usually plays in the midfield on his regular travel club team but has most recently indicated to his coach that he really likes playing defense too henceforth the halfback positions Coach Chatterjee assigned him to during the training. 

The next trainings are in January at Wixom Total Soccer.  I'll be sure to let you all know how that turns out.

BD                            ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Tell Alec I said congratulations and good luck!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

Thanks DK.  I let him know and he said thanks too.  We appreciate your support.  Alec is probably playing the best soccer he's ever played.  He certainly is motivated and it's been showing in training as well as in games as of late.  I am proud that he has set goals for himself.  The bride and I are very proud of him.  That's pretty impressive for a 12 year old kid.

BD                   ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

BIGSHOW

Skulley

Thanks BIGSHOW. We appreciate it.

BD.                 ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bigjc

As the father of a boy who loves soccer (while I wish he loved football) I echo the sentiments of Congrats and good luck.  Hope his good fortune doesn't cut into fishing time too much...LOL

Skulley

Is your boy playing travel soccer bigjc?? It automatically cuts into fishing time. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Alec is very exciting to watch as he is more a play maker than a goal scorer. He does score his share of goals, but he is very generous with the ball.

BD.                              ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bigjc

Actually, Noah is only 9, and he plays in a league sponsored by my church.  It only runs for 15 weeks, so it doesn't really cut into fishing...yet.

LAPORTE

Congrats to Alec there Bill, Sounds Like your doing a great job... Keep up the good work. It takes time grooming the youth of America... there will plenty of time for fishing  ;D

LaPorte
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Skulley

Quote from: bigjc on November 25, 2012, 10:08:37 PM
Actually, Noah is only 9, and he plays in a league sponsored by my church.  It only runs for 15 weeks, so it doesn't really cut into fishing...yet.

That's sounds like a rec league. In travel, you're going to trainings 3 to 4 times a week. There are games almost every weekend. Then there's tournaments out of town like Columbus, Cincinnati, Fort Wayne, Indy, Chicago, to name a few. That's all year long except maybe mid-June until August 1st when it all starts over again. It's more as they get older. Since Alec made the ODP team, so far, there is the 1st cut in January, and he makes the final team, there is a regional tournament usually in Chicago, in July. So I will be taking vacation days to fish during the week. If I get out fishing 25 times a year, that's a lot with a kid playing travel. If Noah gets the bug, you may have to join a travel club near your home.

It's not like that for every parent whose kid is playing travel. It is for me because mine is ahead of the curve for his age. He may be one that makes it to the big league. So with him being right now one of the top 30 kids in the state in his age group, well I guess that says something about him as a player. He is playing some if the best soccer I have ever seen him play right now and he is very exciting to watch.

Don, thanks. I still get out and fish, but his development is very important to the bride and I and we're going to make sure he turns out to be a respectable young man. Thanks!!

BD.                ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Skulley

Here is the latest news from the soccer front sports fans. I am very proud to announce that my son made the final cut for the Michigan ODP this past Sunday March 3, 2013. The training session was at Michigan State University at the Duffy Daughtery Building. He is one of 16 field players on the team along with 2 goalkeepers. They will be training a couple times a month until the team travels to Rockford, Illinois to play in the Midwest Regional tournament. There will be a team there from Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and of course our Michigan boys as well as North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, and Pennsylvania. That won't be until the end of June and early July. Aside from trainings, the boys will have a soccer camp at Grand Valley State sometime in May to June time frame.  The Midwest Regional Tournament is where they pick players for the National Pool.  Players from the National Pool of Players is where the Olympic Team is picked from. U13 age group in this case or kids born in 2000 won't be eligible for that Pool until 2017 to actually be able to have a shot at making the U.S. Olympic Team. More to come as I learn more.

BD.                            ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

He could be..... ;)

BD.                     ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com