Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 07:47:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Lake St Clair Rookie

Started by Bassassin, July 22, 2012, 04:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team houston

Mojo, did your partner hook you up with a discount on a new rod? Congrats on the nice finish sorry for bumping you I lasted less than 5 min myself.  Fished the lake also 15 ft.

Bass Ninja

So I went out on Sunday and Monday and caught a ton of fish but nothing of any size to brag about.  Yesterday I got about 20 most were caught in 15 fow.  Then I tried a few spots from Carpenters maps in the river, which I am just learning how to do.  I have found out how difficult it is to try to keep your line vertical.  I got 5 or 6 in the river and they were much bigger then the ones I got in the main lake.  Every fish I got was on the drop shot with a robo worm.  Im taking my friend and his nephew out tomorrow and I am planing on using minnows and fishing anchor bay.  Hopefully we can get into some quality fish.  I also think that the river is where the big ones are so next week when I come down Im going to start at the top of the Middle channel and work my way down to the end.  Mainly because I need to work on getting better at fishing the river.  If anyone has any tips on cutting my learning curve down on the river that would be greatly appreciated.  As for tomorrow, Im planning on starting at the Abouy then B and possibly the C.  If you see a black skeeter with a powerpole thats me stop and say hi.

Thanks,
Bass Ninja

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: djkimmel on July 30, 2012, 12:41:32 PM
That does happen thanks to some of you real nice 'core group' members. That is fine too. You can pick and choose when you have time and who you feel like helping. I was hoping to help make it more likely that a poster will be in the position to have members willing to do that.

I have had a number of very knowledgeable members tell me that they only reply privately and then only after looking at how much the person has posted and if they have helped other members.

That is understandable to me. It's a lot to ask to get some types of information from anglers considering we all want to go out and catch a bunch of fish. If we have a hot spot and post it on here, the potential is that hundreds, maybe thousands of anglers will now know about it.

It NEVER hurts to ask. Just try to understand the dynamics of forums with lots of different people on them so expectations aren't unrealistic. Sometimes, it's just a matter of timing even. Weekends, everyone is out fishing so there's less eyes on the question.

Revtro, fiker, BD, all of you who offer help right up front in whatever way you are comfortable with - THANKS!

Am I a core member Dan Huh Huh Huh ????  lolol     ;D

djkimmel

Probably...? We could do a poll, I guess? To be sure...

;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

How would we measure that?? You become a "core" member after so many posts?? Or maybe the top 20 people that post are core members?? Or maybe seniority on the site determines that. Or maybe a combination of all those parameters determine the "core" member. Or maybe you just leave it alone and have fun. I vote to leave it alone and have fun because if you ain't having fun.....what are you having??    ???   

BD.                      ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Okay. Well, there is the first vote for something. (I like anyone who visits the website fairly often. I run into a lot of people who tell me they are frequent visitors.)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Firefighter Jeff

Hmmmmm I think a core member is one that posts fairly often. Is a supporter of GLB.  Is willing to help someone out with information and has attended some of the member tournaments.  Check, check, check and check.  LOLOLOL   ;D

djkimmel

That seems like a pretty good vote too! I'm leaning that way a little right now...