Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:35:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

TBF of Michigan general membership and info meeting 11/11 4PM at WMW

Started by djkimmel, October 31, 2006, 02:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

The Bass Federation of Michigan general membership and informational meeting has been scheduled for 11/11/06 (Saturday), 4PM at Wonderland Marine West in Howell Michigan for all interested parties and clubs.

The board will discuss benefits, plans, details and schedules, along with how to join for 2007. A question and answer period will be one of the main agenda items.

Please attend if you are a member or considering being a member of TBF of Michigan. For more information, visit www.michigantbf.com.

Wonderland Marine West is located at 5796 E GRAND RIVER AVE
HOWELL MI 48843
800-226-3050

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bshaner

Will you have some type of meeting minutes or summary for those of us who wont be able to make it but are interested?

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

McCarter

yukonjack2

PB:

are you saying you would like to have your cake and eat it too?

Jack
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

McCarter

Yes, is that so much to ask for my years of hard work and dedication to this company?

::)

PB himself :-\'

cameraguy

I will be joining again but cannot attend the meeting.  Looking forward to the extensive and detailed minutes that I'm sure Dan will provide.

stackenem

I also will be staying in but cannot be at the meeting. Going north for the giant whitetails.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

dartag

are you going to have a tournament series for the TBF???   or is the state fish off the only event.  can't make the meeting but will be interested to read the report also.

djkimmel

We have no plans for a tournament series. For fishing, we are planning on a state championship and some kind of youth championship.

Many things will be up to the membership, but we feel there are plenty of tournaments already, and we also want to emphasize youth and conservation issues and projects.

Team houston

MIBassKid

I would love to have a youth trail or something like it, i think it would be fun. Or a youth and angler tournament.

Pkleppert

Dan,

Not sure if I can make it but I'll try.   It will take some effort but once we get this rolling, it will be great, I know that FLW Outdoors is sure excited to be partnered with the TBF.  Thanks for all your hard work.

Pat Kleppert

djkimmel

Should have called you Pat. Sorry. Hope you can make it, but we'll be in touch. We should accomplish a lot by the end of the day Saturday.

djkimmel

Quote from: MIBassKid on November 09, 2006, 03:56:46 PM
I would love to have a youth trail or something like it, i think it would be fun. Or a youth and angler tournament.

I'll do my best to keep you up on things.

I don't expect that we'll have an age limit to some level anyway on our adult events (with appropriate permissions). I have to find out what the age limits are on the youth and we have not decided what our youth process will be, but we have one or two potential youth club backers.

Should know more after Saturday.

dartag

djkimmel

No cake... (we did eat some pizza before everyone else got there after about 3 1/2 hours of prep work, but these are professional eaters... so no pizza left). I'll post some more information shortly - I was updating the TBF of Michigan Web site last night so I could post more TBF information.

Dan

When and where is the 2007 state championship going to be held?  How many anglers can a club send? How many state meetings or "Presidents" meetings does a club have to attend?
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

We'll have one mandatory general meeting in April that all clubs need to send someone to.

For 2007 only, clubs can send as many anglers as they want to the 2007 TBF of Michigan state championship - you just need to send an equal number of boaters and nonboaters. Your club decides who gets to go, and who is a boater and nonboate.

We are targeting Sunday July 8, 2007 for our state championship on Lake St. Clair. Our backup date will be Sunday June 17, 2007 on a Northern lake/lake chain if we can't get the St. Clair date.

djkimmel

I fixed the post. I'm a little slow in the brain tonight - my head is plugged.

The backup date is JUNE 17th, not July.

Anthony was at our meeting setting the TBF state championship dates and I thought he was not going to schedule anything in July 8th. I'll have to double-check with him on that. We have some limits on when we can hold the event. He probably has some limits too maybe not completely in his control.

We probably won't have the date for our state championship nailed down better until sometime next week. Will get it as set as possible ASAP.