Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:20:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

To those who pour plastics.

Started by MBell, January 09, 2006, 04:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MBell

Hey guys, I need a lot of plastic so I want to order a 55 gallon drum.  I don't need to the whole thing and don't want to spend all of that money, so I'd like to split it up.  Anyone interested, the price should be under $20 per gallon.  It's calhoun 2101 soft hand pour plastic. 
-Matt 

Cheetam

Jeff

joshimoto son

Mbell,

I'm interested in splitting some costs, I'd be interested in 5-10 gallons. I may know another guy too.
Where do you live? When are you ordering? If you don't want anybody else to know send me a PM.
I don't know why I didn't think about putting up a post like this earlier.

Josh

spinninbug

We would be interested too.  Maybe Josh already thought of us.  :)
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

joshimoto son

Spinninbug

Yes sweety, I was thinking of you!!!

spinninbug

What on earth would I do without you?   :D
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

joshimoto son

Mbell,
I just remembered a very important question, who's plastic are you buying?

MBell

I live in Lapeer and work in rochester.  It's calhoun plastic hand pour cpc 2101 del mart sells it in smaller quantities.
Quote from: jcheetam on January 09, 2006, 05:54:30 PM
That's a whole lotta senkos :o
That would be a lot of senkos, but not as many tubes.

-Matt

joshimoto son

Matt,

PERFECT!!!!! That's the plastic that I am using. I know I'll buy 5 gallons for sure.
Do you need to sell more of it before you place the order?
Or can you get it coming pretty soon?

Josh

MBell

I'd like to get more before I order, I'd like to sell at least 20 gallons.  I'm out now so I need to do something soon, proboboy order next wednesday.  I'll get a shipping quote so I can give you guys a price. 
-Matt   

joshimoto son

Matt,

Do you pour for yourself mainly or do you have your own business?
Just curious if you would be willing to share how you make your tubes and cut the tails.
My buddies and I want to make a buch of them up for this season.

Josh

Savage

I'm surprised to see so many guys pouring their own plastics. :o
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

I've kicked around the idea for a number of years now. But I haven't taken the plunge...

Good to know we have some great resources here when I finally decide to do it. I have some hair jigs to tie along with some more flashy trebles. And then there are the jigs to pour and color along with more skirts to make. Guess I'll wait a little while on the plastic.

Doesn't help you now Matt, but if you buy and don't use it all, maybe I'll get some from you later.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

MBell

Hey,
Still waiting to hear back on the shipping cost, will probobly order ond wed if I hear back.  I just pour for myself and a few freinds.  Check out tackleunderground if you want to make tubes, a lot of good stuff on there.  It's not really worth it unless you use a lot of tubes.  I've just made improvments to my tackle over the years, now most things I use I make myself. 
-Matt

djkimmel

Have you tried making any of the really fat tubes?? Like a quadruple dip?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

MBell

The top is an isg dream tube, you actually get bit on this thing but you lose a lot of fish.  It's hard to find a hook to use with these. 
-Matt
http://www.geocities.com/mibassclub/bigtube.jpg

djkimmel

You call that thing 'the Giant Squid?'

Looks like you'd need a 4/0 VMC Barbarian (modified mold). A 5/0 would be the right bite depth, but way too long a shank maybe. The 5/0 looks like a mini-gaff.

Savage

MBell-

Try the Owner 5/0 jighooks.  Thats what I use with the ISG tubes.  You can buy them through Netcraft.
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

MBell

Don't like to use a 5/0 if I don't have too, too heavy wire.  Recently I've been using a goby head tube, creates a good profile without all of the plastic.  I mostly use mustad ultra points, great for the price.  I use silicone molds for my jigs so I don't need to modify too much for the bigger hooks.  A short shank 5/0 light wire would be perfect. 
-Matt 

MBell

Here are the prices. 
1 gallon $20
5 gallons $90
10 gallons $160
-Matt